[Complete] The Star-Chamber Volume 1 by William Harrison Ainsworth - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Lynne, I will take chapter 12 and 13. I am also making corrections based on the feedback from PL. Do I need to name the corrected files differently? I don't recall seeing any instruction to do that, so unless I hear differently, I'll just upload a corrected file with the same file name.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
My screen name is from one of the stories read to my children quite often, "Too Many Daves" by Dr. Seuss. My kids are grown, so now I read to everyone and no one.
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC
My screen name is from one of the stories read to my children quite often, "Too Many Daves" by Dr. Seuss. My kids are grown, so now I read to everyone and no one.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Thank you to Helen for listening.

Corrected files should be uploaded with the same file name. The system automatically renames the previous file(s) -- basically, with a time stamp -- so the link in the MW goes to the most recent file. If, for some reason, we need to retrieve the older one, it's still there and I just need to do some behind-the-scenes tweaking. Otherwise, eventually, I just delete the surplus files.

I see the a recurring problem is volume. We have a free and safe program called Checker, which we can use to check our volume. It was purpose-written for Librivox. https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker

Usually, you can just amplify the file as needed, but sometimes it's not possible due to variations throughout the file. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c

Assigning those chapters now.
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

I will try to use the volume checker. Should I correct the chapters that haven't been PL'd, yet, or wait for the PL, fully expecting the same feedback on all tracks?

I have uploaded Chapter 12, https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/starchamber1_12_ainsworth_128kb.mp3, length 17:48.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

OliverBoliver wrote: December 9th, 2018, 4:34 pm I will try to use the volume checker. Should I correct the chapters that haven't been PL'd, yet, or wait for the PL, fully expecting the same feedback on all tracks?

I have uploaded Chapter 12, https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/starchamber1_12_ainsworth_128kb.mp3, length 17:48.
You could try running them through Checker to see how far off they are, then amplify if needed. Our target is 89, but between 86 and 92 is workable.
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Eric in Charlotte, NC
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Lynne, you're the best, I could never explain anything that clearly detailed. :clap:

Oliver :thumbs:
I will claim for PL
sect 5 & 6 :D
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Sect 2, 3, & 4
Spot PL OK :thumbs:

Oliver, I am very proud of you. :D
Helen

HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 5
PL OK :clap:

I award you: The Dancing Banana
Last edited by HZFerr on December 9th, 2018, 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Helen

OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Now I'm blushing!

Chapter 13 is uploaded, https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/starchamber1_13_ainsworth_128kb.mp3, length 21:11.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
OliverBoliver

Post by OliverBoliver »

Lynne, since no one else seems to be requesting sections, I'll take the next few, like 14-16.
Eric in Charlotte, NC
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 6
PL OK :clap:
Helen

HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 7
PL note: word change

Hi Oliver,

Although this is proof standard, if his arms are dangling, it doesn't work to have them also stretched out.

04:03 his arms dangling uselessly down, and his thin ''arms'' stretched idly out...s/b ''legs'' stretched idly out
Helen

HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Goodnight Lynne & Oliver.
I'll check back tomorrow. :D
Helen

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Helen, that's wonderful. Thanks. Just say when you're hooked enough by the story to sign on as DPL :lol: We still haven't heard back from the assigned DPL, so I'm giving up on him.