JorWat

Post by JorWat »

jenno wrote: August 17th, 2018, 12:02 am Here is chapter 7

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/nellychannell_07_doudney_128kb.mp3

duration 7.00

Cheers

Jennifer
PL OK!
jenno wrote: August 17th, 2018, 12:24 am chapter 8 https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/nellychannell_08_doudney_128kb.mp3

duration 12.51

Cheers

Jennifer
1:15: You are missing the following text:
November had come again; and with it came a new anxiety.

The small farm, rented by Farmer Farren, had passed into new hands. Squire Derrick was dead, and “another king arose, who knew not Joseph.” The heir was a needy, grasping man. Old tenants were nothing to him, and he was in want of ready money.

He had made up his mind to sell the little farm. It was more than likely, therefore, that the Farrens would be turned out of the old nest. For the young, it is easy to build new homes, and gather new associations around them; but for the old, it is well-nigh impossible. Their very lives are built into the ancient walls. When they leave a familiar dwelling, they long to go straight to “a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.”
johnb2 wrote: August 18th, 2018, 10:40 am Hi Stav

Chapter 9 @ 7:48

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/nellychannell_09_doudney_128kb.mp3

john
PL OK!

Oh, and Stav, as the BC, you need to make sure that you add things to the Magic Window, including assigned chapters and completed recordings.
Jordan

Alcohol and Maths don't mix. So never drink and derive.
jenno

Post by jenno »

I am sorry about this problem i am having. My dowload of the book is faulty obviously. I will correct tomorrow. I am not sure exactly where the missing text should be inserted. Will try to rectify myself.

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Jordan,
I am blind, and adding things to the mw is possible but takes time. I often skip it because I don't have time at the moment. If you can add completed recordengs you listen to to the mw, that would be marvelous.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

miss stav wrote: August 19th, 2018, 4:12 am Hi Jordan,
I am blind, and adding things to the mw is possible but takes time. I often skip it because I don't have time at the moment. If you can add completed recordengs you listen to to the mw, that would be marvelous.
Stav.
I'm so sorry, I didn't realise. I have been adding the details to the Magic Window myself when needed.
Jordan

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

No need to be sorry (smile).
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

No need to be sorry (smile).
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is corrected chapter 8

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/nellychannell_08_doudney_128kb.mp3

duration 13.51

Sorry - I read it this time from a different downloaded text which appeared complete

hope all is OK now

Cheers

Jennifer
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

jenno wrote: August 19th, 2018, 10:39 pm Here is corrected chapter 8

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/nellychannell_08_doudney_128kb.mp3

duration 13.51

Sorry - I read it this time from a different downloaded text which appeared complete

hope all is OK now

Cheers

Jennifer
PL OK!
Jordan

aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

jenno wrote: August 19th, 2018, 10:39 pm Here is corrected chapter 8
Jennifer
Jennifer, can you provide a link to the text you've read from? We need to be sure that it is in the Public Domain also.
The Gutenburg link provided in the MW is PD for us, we would prefer you read from that text.
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot.
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

Hi! I am really new to Librivox- this will be my first recording - so I would like to try Chapter 18. My name is Nancy Gorgen. I have done the 1 min test and got the OK. Forum name is njgorgen
JorWat

Post by JorWat »

johnb2 wrote: August 28th, 2018, 10:42 am Hello Stav and Jordan

Chapter 10 @ 21:11

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/nellychannell_10_doudney_128kb.mp3

john
PL OK! Even though 'ne'er-do-well' is obviously short for 'never-do-well', it's still weird to hear it actual said.
Jordan

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Nancy,
welcome to Libirvox. I hope you will enjoy here. Chapter 18 is all yours. Have a lot of fun, and if you have questions just ask. You selected a great first recording, short and interesting.
Stav.
njgorgen

Post by njgorgen »

Thanks for the quick reply! Hopefully I won't have any problems with the whole process. Fingers crossed Chapter 18 will be on its way soon. Nancy