[Complete] Passages from the Life of a Philosopher by Charles Babbage - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

azaki wrote: November 24th, 2018, 4:11 am hello, i'm very new here and i would like to assist in this

any left chapters that requires reading?
Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in any Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.

You can see which sections are unclaimed in the Magic Window... in the column on the right they are marked 'open'. You can request any of those. As you can see, there are quite a few open sections in this project. I would recommend a section of around 1000 words for a first recording, just to get the feel of the process. After that, go where the mood takes you 8-) With that in mind, I am assigning section 13 to you... but if that doesn't suit, just let me know and I can unassign it and assign something else. :D
Lynne
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Hi:

I would like to do Section 39; Agreeable Recollections. I will send the file as soon as I have read it. Thank you

Dale Grothmann
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Grothmann wrote: November 30th, 2018, 1:13 pm Hi:

I would like to do Section 39; Agreeable Recollections. I will send the file as soon as I have read it. Thank you

Dale Grothmann
Thanks, Dale
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Hi:

I hope I got the name right.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_39_babbage_128kb.mp3

Time 8:02

Thanks
Dale
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Grothmann wrote: November 30th, 2018, 4:06 pm Hi:

I hope I got the name right.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_39_babbage_128kb.mp3

Time 8:02

Thanks
Dale
Thank you
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Hi:

Number 29 (Wit) looks interesting. Let me try that.

Thanks
Dale
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Grothmann wrote: December 4th, 2018, 11:28 pm Hi:

Number 29 (Wit) looks interesting. Let me try that.

Thanks
Dale
You've got it.
Grothmann

Post by Grothmann »

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Grothmann wrote: December 8th, 2018, 9:33 pm Hi

Section 29 -- wit

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofaphilosopher_29_babbage_128kb.mp3

Time 16:10

Thanks
Dale
Thank you
swan

Post by swan »

I would like to take XVII. • Experience amongst Workmen.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

swan wrote: December 28th, 2018, 11:12 pm I would like to take XVII. • Experience amongst Workmen.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne

Edit: to clarify, did you want XVII (17) Experience by Water or XIX (19) Experience amongst Workmen?
swan

Post by swan »

I would like XIX (19) Experience amongst Workmen. Thank you.
Phrozyn

Post by Phrozyn »

Hello, I would like sections 17 and 18.
---
~ Phrozyn
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

swan wrote: December 29th, 2018, 8:15 pm I would like XIX (19) Experience amongst Workmen. Thank you.
:thumbs: That's what I thought, so I assigned it to you.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Phrozyn wrote: December 30th, 2018, 6:28 am Hello, I would like sections 17 and 18.
You will also need to be added to the catalog of readers. I will add you using your forum name, but if you prefer your real name or a pseudonym let me know. We can also link to a personal blog or website. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Lynne