Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Falassewen

Post by Falassewen »

May I claim Sections 20 and 21?

-Melissa
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec.22 volume is 85.9 dB, that's 0.1 dB below the threshold... :roll:
I'll give it a PL OK, if the MC / BC do not mind, but Annike, next time please use the Checker (https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker) to make sure the technical parameters are in order :-)
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Ya, I would let that go for section 22.

I find the checker so useful and it saves everyone, especially the person recording, but also DPL’s and BC’s time and effort.
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Falassewen wrote: November 27th, 2018, 7:53 pm May I claim Sections 20 and 21?

-Melissa
You sure can! Have fun, and welcome to LibriVox :D
~Tiffany
DanielHCrump

Post by DanielHCrump »

fiddlesticks wrote: November 24th, 2018, 5:32 pm
DanielHCrump wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 7:29 am Hello! Could I take section 25, please?
Welcome to LibriVox! I will assign section 25 to you, what would you like to use as your catalogue name?
Before you record please post a test here viewforum.php?f=21 Just to make sure the texhnicle stuff is correct, here is a helpful page to get you started https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
[/q

You can use the name DanielHCrump
PattyT

Post by PattyT »

Thank you, Mark. I will run the noise cleaning.

I suddenly began having problems with low volume. I have no idea what changed. I've been trying to fix that, but in the process apparently amplified the background noise too much. I don't usually have problems with that. I wasn't hearing it on the headphones, though. Is there a way to measure it?
PattyT

Post by PattyT »

Hello,

Since there are still a few unassigned chapters, and there are some January deadlines for other chapters, I was hoping for an extension more like mid January for Chapter 12. I'm sorry, I had plenty of time when I signed up for this, but ran into a long bout of sinus infection and a number of technical problems. Now I am in a time crunch with a big project deadline (not Librivox), a houseful of company coming and a test to study for. :shock:

If you can't do that, I understand.

Thanks,
Patty
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

PattyT wrote: December 1st, 2018, 7:29 am I suddenly began having problems with low volume. I have no idea what changed. I've been trying to fix that, but in the process apparently amplified the background noise too much. I don't usually have problems with that. I wasn't hearing it on the headphones, though. Is there a way to measure it?
Hi Patty, I did not hear much of b/g noise either, but I don't trust my ear or headphones. I use the Checker
(https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=Checker), it catches all sorts of tech. issues, and it's a good idea to run files through before submissions.
Good luck, Merry Christmas and clear sinuses, and I am sure Tiffany would grant you as much extension as needed! :)
PattyT

Post by PattyT »

Thank you, Mark!

I ran the file through Checker before uploading it. It passed. I'm not seeing where you find noise levels on Checker. I guess I'm missing something. :hmm:

Thanks,
Patty
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

DanielHCrump wrote: November 30th, 2018, 3:01 pm
fiddlesticks wrote: November 24th, 2018, 5:32 pm
DanielHCrump wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 7:29 am Hello! Could I take section 25, please?
Welcome to LibriVox! I will assign section 25 to you, what would you like to use as your catalogue name?
Before you record please post a test here viewforum.php?f=21 Just to make sure the texhnicle stuff is correct, here is a helpful page to get you started https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test
[/q

You can use the name DanielHCrump
great,thank you!
~Tiffany
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

PattyT wrote: December 1st, 2018, 7:50 am Hello,

Since there are still a few unassigned chapters, and there are some January deadlines for other chapters, I was hoping for an extension more like mid January for Chapter 12. I'm sorry, I had plenty of time when I signed up for this, but ran into a long bout of sinus infection and a number of technical problems. Now I am in a time crunch with a big project deadline (not Librivox), a houseful of company coming and a test to study for. :shock:

If you can't do that, I understand.

Thanks,
Patty
Of course you may have and extension! I will put it till February.
I only gave myself one section and I seem to be having problems getting to editing it, it is recorded, but I hope to get there before Christmas! So do not worry about taking your time :thumbs:
~Tiffany
roseslboom

Post by roseslboom »

karlkuzmich wrote: November 25th, 2018, 6:42 pm
roseslboom wrote: November 24th, 2018, 8:08 pm Hi,
Here is Chapter V.
I hope it is acceptable. :thumbs: :)
Yes, very much so :-)
Sec.5 PL OK :thumbs:
Thank you! I'm glad!!
Speak thoughtfully and listen intently; you never know how your words may be taken.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

PattyT wrote: December 1st, 2018, 10:11 am Thank you, Mark!

I ran the file through Checker before uploading it. It passed. I'm not seeing where you find noise levels on Checker. I guess I'm missing something. :hmm:

Thanks,
Patty
My bad, Patty, my Checker accidentally got into the "Strict" mode, while LV recordings should be checked in "Gentle". Ch.10 is PL OK :thumbs:, my apologies.
PattyT

Post by PattyT »

No problem, Mark. That's great news! Thank you! :thumbs:
Can you get a noise level number from Checker?

And thank you Tiffany! I really appreciate the extra time. :clap: Lots of good news today.
conshab

Post by conshab »

Hello,
Here is Dawn of the Morning Chapter 19

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/dawnofthemorning_19_hill_128kb.mp3

Thank you,
Conshab