COMPLETE: Dawn of the Morning by Grace Livingston HILL - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Dawn of the Morning by Grace Livingston Hill (1865 - 1947).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/dawn-of-the-morning-by-grace-livingston-hill/

"Fresh from school, mistreated and neglected by her father and stepmother, sixteen-year-old Dawn consents to marry a friend of her father's whom she has only met, but the wedding does not go as planned. Scared and confused, she runs away after the ceremony. Many adventures follow lovely and resourceful Dawn on her journey to becoming an independent woman." summery by karlkuzmich
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/37698
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] of Dawn of the Morning. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Dawn of the Morning, by Grace Livingston Hill. [Chapter]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Dawn of the Morning, by Grace Livingston Hill. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      dawnofthemorning_##_hill_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. dawnofthemorning_01_hill_128kb.mp3)

ID3 tags will be added during cataloging.
      Artist: Grace Livingston Hill
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Dawn of the Morning

Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
Last edited by fiddlesticks on February 27th, 2019, 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Tiffany
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Tiffany. I'll MC for you. MW will be available shortly.
Jo
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Wonderful! Thank you :D There are two sections over 6000 words (6900 and 6200) I can't remember at what point they need to be split up, so if one/both of those cross that point I will need two more sections.
~Tiffany
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

You can just add them as needed. They will be added to the bottom of the section compiler, but you can just drag and drop them to wherever they should go.
Jo
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Oh ya, I remember that now, it's been a while since I have started a new BC project! So do they need to be split up?
~Tiffany
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Only if they are over 60 min or you think it will be easier to get readers for shorter sections. It's up to you. I'm a fast reader, but I can generally read 6000 words in about 30-40 minutes.
Jo
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Ok, I will leave them as is.
~Tiffany
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Looks lovely! May I DPL please?
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

You certainly may! Glad to have you on this project :D

EDIT: I have not read this book, so The description is just a jumble of all the stuff I read online, so as the book progresses feel free to point out any errors in it or if you like go ahead and write a new one.
~Tiffany
hale67

Post by hale67 »

Hi there, I will take sections 1-2- 3-4.
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Welcome to the project! I will assign those chapters to you. Have fun :D
~Tiffany
hale67

Post by hale67 »

Question? Do I need to say the full introduction and the full ending for each chapter or just at the beginning of 1 and the end of 4. Want to make sure before I start. Thank you, will wait to hear. Barbara
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

In group projects every chapter needs the full intro and ending, thank you for asking :)
~Tiffany
hale67

Post by hale67 »

Thank you. Also one more thing. (Please forgive but this is only my second book. Still learning the ropes) I’am starting this book and it starts with a poem before chapter 1. So should I say, “Dawn of the Morning by Grace Livingston” Read the poem then say chapter 1 and continue ?Not quite sure how to do this. Thank you ... Barbara
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Do the whole intro before the poem, including saying "Chapter 1" Then read the poem and just dive into the chapter. I think that can sometimes change if there is a specific way the BC wants things like that done, so if I claim a chapter like that, especially the first chapter, I would usually ask to.
~Tiffany