Post by hale67 »

I’ll take chapter 18
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

You may certainly have section 18!
~Tiffany
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

So.... I have a question. I have been getting in a lot more practice at this with my solo, then I went back and listened to some of my very first recordings, and cringed! Not sure if it was just the extra practice editing/recording or if somehow my computer settings are different. Even in this project, the last two chapters sound different than the first 3 I did.

Question being, if I decide to redo a chapter or two, would this be ok? I know it would be extra work for the DPL. (sorry!) As long as this isn't catalogued yet, is that ok? Also, since I'm asking, what about projects that have already been completed and catalogued? Say, you later hear a mistake in one that you've done, could you re-upload it even though it is already catalogued? I'm thinking not, but I don't exactly know how everything works yet and am learning. ;) Thank you!
April
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

LikeManyWaters wrote: November 4th, 2018, 3:59 pm So.... I have a question. I have been getting in a lot more practice at this with my solo, then I went back and listened to some of my very first recordings, and cringed! Not sure if it was just the extra practice editing/recording or if somehow my computer settings are different. Even in this project, the last two chapters sound different than the first 3 I did.

Question being, if I decide to redo a chapter or two, would this be ok? I know it would be extra work for the DPL. (sorry!) As long as this isn't catalogued yet, is that ok? Also, since I'm asking, what about projects that have already been completed and catalogued? Say, you later hear a mistake in one that you've done, could you re-upload it even though it is already catalogued? I'm thinking not, but I don't exactly know how everything works yet and am learning. ;) Thank you!
Hi April,
Thank you for your enthusiasm! Glad to hear you are diving deeper into LV!
Usually we don't "improve" sections that were approved, especially in group projects, perfectionism does not make much sense here. And you are correct, we never fix finished projects, some of them continue to live with mistakes (it happens to professionally made books too).
What exactly makes you wish to re-record? I remember your reading is fine. My only suggestion (9/26) was to slow down a bit. If that is what you want to do, then you could adjust the tempo, that won't require PL. That's a good thing to do because folks around the world use LV to practice foreign languages, and fast narration might be not helpful (less sophisticated sound players don't allow slowing down).
So, until I better understand why you want to re-record, I don't think it is the best use of your (and my) time. If you insist, please explain what was wrong.
Looking forward to your further recordings!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

You found me out exactly, Perfectionist. :roll: Guilty!
Yes, I felt it was too fast and rushed sounding. But I guess I can live with it. I suppose one must have a learning curve somewhat.
Thanks for all the explaining.
April
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Hehe, I am a perfectionist as well and totally know why you would want to re upload, though I agree that it is not necessary. Having said that, I admit I have corrected (very) old posts of mine that I stumbled over and had some little error in them :lol:
~Tiffany
PattyT

Post by PattyT »

Hello!
I am wondering if I could get an extension on my two remaining chapters? I am hoping to get at least one done by the 14th deadline, but just in case - could I have an extension on both?

Thanks so much,
Patty
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Of course you may have an extension!
~Tiffany
hale67

Post by hale67 »

chulsky

Post by chulsky »

hale67 wrote: November 11th, 2018, 1:01 pm Submitting Chapter 16.
Time.....14:53
PL OK :thumbs:
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thank you both! Sorry about the delay :oops:
~Tiffany
PattyT

Post by PattyT »

Hello,
Here is Chapter 10.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/dawnofthemorning_10_hill_128kb.mp3 (13:44)

Am I reading too fast? I think I may be speeding up over time. :roll:

Thanks,
Patty
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Thanks!
~Tiffany