COMPLETE Guy Mannering or, The Astrologer by Walter Scott -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

DaveWindell wrote: October 15th, 2018, 1:37 am Dear Carolin,
I am DaveWindell a complete newbie. I have just 'passed' my 1 minute test. I'd really like to help with reading on this project. So, could I claim Volume 1, Additional Note'. I looked for a part that isn't too big to begin. I hope you think that would be OK and not too ambitious for a start.(?) One question: there are several Scottish place-names which are pronounced strangely in Scotland eg Kirkcudbright is pronounced "Kir-coo-bree". Do you want the Scots/British pronunciation or will that confuse listeners from the rest of the world? All the best, DaveWindell
Hi dave, welcome to librivox!

Im sorry for my late reply. You are welcome to participate in this project. I have signed you up, your personal catalog page is here https://librivox.org/reader/12864 :thumbs:

It would be great if you could just pronounce the names of places correctly! i did not insist on specific pronunciation for names in this project to keep the bar low for readers, but correct is of course always perfect :)

Have fun and please let us know if you have any questions! Thank you!
Carolin
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Carolin,
Thanks for the welcome.Excited to be here! Here's my first attempt https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/guymannering_02_scott_128kp.mp3. 10:75. As I'm a complete newbie and a bit freaked by the tech stuff could I ask for as much feedback as possible, please. Also could I claim Section 3, Editor's Introduction . Thanks!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Great, thank you :D

Ill drop anthony a message to see if he can let your recording jump to the top of his to do list :) thank you!
Carolin
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 02 - Additional Note

Dave, Welcome to Librivox! Your recording was splendid. A pleasure to listen to and the tech specs are spot on. Keep up work like this and you will have no issues! Thank you so much for helping out!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Dear Afutterer, Thank you so much. I can hardly believe that I got the techy stuff right. I can go on with a bit more confidence now. Many thanks! DaveWindell
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you so much anthony! :D
Carolin
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 12 - Volume I - Chapter IX

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTION 13 - Volume I - Chapter X

Just one small thing here, I think.

In the outro it is stated "End of Section One Chapter Ten". Should this be "End of Volume One Chapter 10"?
Anthony

Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
deongines

Post by deongines »

Turning it over in your mind will not plough the field.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Hi! For PL please, https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/guymannering_03_scott_128kp.mp3. Can I claim Section 1, Introduction, please.
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Woops! I always forget something! So, for PL please https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin//guymannering_03_scott_128kp.mp3 30:23 Sorry! I'd still like to claim Section 1, Introduction.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :D

One little thing, how long is the recording (mm.ss)? Please remember to always post the duration of a recording when you post a link so that i can update the magic window :) thank you!

Edit, haha you were faster! Thank you :thumbs:
Carolin
DaveWindell

Post by DaveWindell »

Woops! I always forget something! For PL please, https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/guymannering_03_scott_128kp.mp3 30:23. I'd still like to calaim Section1, Introduction. Thanks