[grp-RELIG] Faces in the Fire- Boreham (d. 1959)-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

mightyfelix wrote: September 20th, 2018, 3:03 pm Thanks, Larry! Nice job. Myself, I'll leave the poem-writing to the poets.
Ah, yes, I suppose.
But, where did I get the handle "silverquill?"
Just made it up, but I do have a couple of trophies for poetry contests way back in my college days. But, it has been a long time since I've put quill to paper . . . .
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry and Kathleen!

Larry, check out the file name here. Section 14 is incorrectly named, but you filled in the MW with what it should have been. I've fixed it in the MW so that it directs to the correct file, and we can let MaryAnn fix it in cataloguing, but I wanted to point it out to you. It's a good idea to PL directly from the link that the MW generates. That way, if there are errors like that, you'll be sure to catch them. :wink:
ryansumo

Post by ryansumo »

Hi all, I regret to say I have to give up my reserved spot for chapter 1. Been meaning to find the time but keep falling short. Apologies, and hope someone else can pick up the slack.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

No problem. These things happen. Thanks so much for letting me know! :thumbs:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

And, here is Section 12:

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/facesinthefire_12_boreham_128kb.mp3 14:06

I don't agree with him about the age of miracles, but still an interesting chapter.
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Larry! Section 12 is PL ok!

I liked it a lot! I didn't agree with that one part, either, but a lot of it really resonated with me.

It brought back to my mind Christmas 1997. I was 11 years old and still believed that Santa filled my stocking on Christmas Eve. And that year I saw a puppet in the store that I liked. Later, I saw that puppet in the trunk of my parents' car. (I think they left it there on purpose, because, you know, I was 11.) And of course, it was in my stocking. I never played with that puppet even once, because I felt that my "bubble" had not popped of its own, but had been popped by some mean boy with a stick. But I do still believe more than ever in what Santa Claus really means. :)

I looked up the painting he mentioned in this section. The expression on that little face is just priceless. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bubbles_(painting)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Wonderful picture! Thanks for the link.
I guess one of my bubbles was a chocolate Easter bunny. Oh, imagine all that chocolate! I was devastated when I bit into it only to discover that it was hollow! A parable for a lot of shams in life. At, but what is Real, is real indeed! And, I know miracles are real, but that's another story or two. :wink:
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Hi, Leighton, and welcome to LibriVox! I've seen your posts in a few other places on the forum, and I think it's great that you've recorded some Spurgeon! I haven't read as much of his work as I'd like to. :)

I've noticed you've had a little bit of trouble finding the right spot for these sermons, and I hate to break it to you, but this project is actually for F. W. Boreham. I understand how you found your way here, because I saw that another volunteer suggested this project as a possibility for you. She wasn't suggesting that you should post your Spurgeon sermons here, however. She was suggesting that you may enjoy recording some Boreham. I'm so sorry that the forum has been confusing for you so far. Here is a video that might perhaps be helpful in finding your way around: Getting to Know Our Forums The video is a bit dated, because the look of the forum has been updated since this video was made. But the overall layout hasn't changed. I hope it helps!

I did listen to a short snippet of one of these sermons you've uploaded. You have a great voice and very nice pacing and diction. I hope you don't allow your difficulties so far to discourage you from continuing to share your recordings here. :D I saw that you did submit one recording to the Short Non-Fiction collection, which is where all of the rest of these should go. You may not yet have seen the feedback you received. It is here. In particular, you'll need to change the file names for these sections. There's a particular naming convention we all have to follow. This video explains where to find the naming format. The good news is, all of your technical specs (volume, bit rate, and so on) are in line and check out correctly!

I wish you the best and hope to work with you in the future!

(I've also used CCEL a few times in the past. Another great resource! :thumbs: )
Sue Anderson

Post by Sue Anderson »

Hi Leighton, I have sent you a PM (a private message e-mail) about your recording. Please check your mailbox and also the current thread for the Nonfiction Collection for more information:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=72269

Thank you,

Sue Anderson, Book Coordinator, Nonfiction Collection
TroubleATM

Post by TroubleATM »

I'd like to claim Section 23
Aleacia Messiah