COMPLETE: Herbals, Their Origin and Evolution: A Chapter in the History of Botany by Agnes Arber - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny
Posts: 12161
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » September 13th, 2019, 10:04 am

:thumbs:

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » September 15th, 2019, 8:15 pm

linny, I almost gave up on this. The old spellings, syntax, and (presumed) pronunciations were daunting.

If you don't mind something of a rough product---and maybe a tedious listening---here is Section 3. Already I suspect that 'rote' is actually 'root' and there maybe be more that I don't understand or that I missed.

This is a worthwhile project, however, and I hope you'll feel that way, also.


https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/herbals_03_arber_128kb.mp3

23:52

linny
Posts: 12161
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » September 16th, 2019, 6:18 am

Kevin,
I'm sorry you struggled with this reading. I think you did a great job! PL OK! :D

KevinS
Posts: 5951
Joined: April 7th, 2019, 8:32 am
Contact:

Post by KevinS » September 16th, 2019, 8:22 am

linny wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 6:18 am
Kevin,
I'm sorry you struggled with this reading. I think you did a great job! PL OK! :D
I'm so pleased to hear this. (I felt fairly miserable about it last night.)

linny
Posts: 12161
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » September 16th, 2019, 1:33 pm

KevinS wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 8:22 am
linny wrote:
September 16th, 2019, 6:18 am
Kevin,
I'm sorry you struggled with this reading. I think you did a great job! PL OK! :D
I'm so pleased to hear this. (I felt fairly miserable about it last night.)
I'm so glad I PLed this quickly for you. Miserable is a terrible state.

MrsHand
Posts: 3897
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » December 2nd, 2019, 8:45 am

May I read Sections 12-15?

linny
Posts: 12161
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 2nd, 2019, 9:17 am

MrsHand wrote:
December 2nd, 2019, 8:45 am
May I read Sections 12-15?
Yes! Thank you for the claim. :D

If you want me to split 13, just let me know.

MrsHand
Posts: 3897
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » December 11th, 2019, 7:42 pm


linny
Posts: 12161
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 12th, 2019, 12:22 pm

MrsHand wrote:
December 11th, 2019, 7:42 pm
Here is section 12, 27:56.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/herbals_12_arber_128kb.mp3
Kristin,
Wonderful job! Thank you.

Please change the ending. It should be:
At the end of the section, say:
End of Chapter 6 instead of end of section 12.

MrsHand
Posts: 3897
Joined: September 12th, 2013, 11:54 am
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Post by MrsHand » December 12th, 2019, 7:38 pm


linny
Posts: 12161
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 13th, 2019, 8:30 am

Kristin,
Thank you! Spot check PL OK

qwfwfq
Posts: 1
Joined: December 15th, 2019, 3:00 pm

Post by qwfwfq » December 15th, 2019, 7:13 pm

Can I take section 7, The Herbal in Switzerland?

Um, just in case I get approved for that, here's the recording. This is my first recording, so I'm expecting a lot of feedback... my pronunciation is really bad.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/herbals_07_agnes_128kbps.
00:13:47


linny
Posts: 12161
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 17th, 2019, 8:17 am

qwfwfq wrote:
December 15th, 2019, 7:13 pm
Can I take section 7, The Herbal in Switzerland?

Um, just in case I get approved for that, here's the recording. This is my first recording, so I'm expecting a lot of feedback... my pronunciation is really bad.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/herbals_07_agnes_128kbps.
00:13:47
Welcome to LibriVox! Your recording has a number of technical errors. I have not listened to it. Please read the 'newbie guide to recording' and submit a practice file to listeners wanted. Once all of the technical issues are resolved you may come back here and sign up for a section.

linny
Posts: 12161
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » December 17th, 2019, 10:55 am

Kristin,
Section 13
Noise cleaning began at 16:36. As well as your ‘end of chapter 7’. There are dramatic changes of tone before and after these points. Did you want to noise clean the first section or leave it as is? It’s completely up to you. I have no problem in marking this section as PL OK. Thank you for reading this incredibly long section. :clap:

I’m heading out to the dentist but I should be able to listen to your other sections tonight.

Post Reply