COMPLETE: Herbals, Their Origin and Evolution: A Chapter in the History of Botany by Agnes Arber - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Linny, should you want help with this, just let me know. Looks like a great project!
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Kevin. I'm going to open it as a group project. It will be a day or so however. At least chapter 4 needs to be split up. I'm working on word counts and PLing the completed sections now. Were you interested in reading or DPL?

Tricia,
It will take a day or so to get this ready for readers. I'll BC it for a group.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've changed the first post to be yours, so that you can edit it. What I'd suggest is to make a new first post using the template generator and replace the existing post (keeping the project number for the MW) with the new group project code.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you! :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

New project code added to the initial post. Initial post updated.

I'm still working on PL and word counts. I'll need to add some sections to the MW but the link to the MW is not working.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: September 10th, 2019, 10:20 am Thank you, Kevin. I'm going to open it as a group project. It will be a day or so however. At least chapter 4 needs to be split up. I'm working on word counts and PLing the completed sections now. Were you interested in reading or DPL?

Tricia,
It will take a day or so to get this ready for readers. I'll BC it for a group.
Reading, I think would be best right now. I`ve at least one solo project to DPL that is to start any day now and I want to be able to focus on it.
linny

Post by linny »

REVISED MW -
Section 0 - Preface - intro/ending modified and ready for upload - PL OK
Section 1 - Chapter 1 - The Early History of Botany - intro/ending modified and ready for upload - PL OK
Section 2 - Chapter 2 - The Earliest Printed Herbals (Fifteenth Century) - word count 4915
Section 3 - Chapter 3 - The Early History of the Herbal in England - word count 3437
Section 4 - Chapter 4, part 1 The Botanical Renaissance of the Sixteenth and Seventeenth Centuries - The Herbal in Germany - word count 3630
Section 5 - Chapter 4, part 2 The Herbal in the Low Countries - word count 2233
Section 6 - Chapter 4, part 3 The Herbal in Italy - word count 1526
Section 7 - Chapter 4, part 4 The Herbal in Switzerland - word count 1826
Section 8 - Chapter 4, part 5 The Herbal in France - word count 386
Section 9 - Chapter 4, part 6 The Herbal in England - word count 5103
Section 10 - Chapter 4, part 7 The Revival of Aristotelian Botany - word count 600
Section 11 - Chapter 5 - The Evolution of the Art of Plant Description - intro/ending modified. One repeat removed @ 16:14. File number renamed. Ready for upload - PL OK
Section 12 - Chapter 6 - The Evolution of Plant Classification - word count 3421
Section 13 - Chapter 7 - The Evolution of the Art of Botanical Illustration - word count 8807
Section 14 - Chapter 8 - The Doctrine of Signatures, and Astrological Botany - word count 4806
Section 15 - Chapter 9 - Conclusions - word count 1249
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

This one was one of my MC projects, so I'm happy to pick it up again. If I can find the time, I might even read some. :wink:
Jo
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

OK, you should have access to the MW now. I marked the existing sections PL OK based on your notes. As long as you upload with the original filename, the links in the MW should be good. I'm leaving the rest of the changes in the MW for you. If you need help with anything, let me know. I will wait to move the thread to Readers Wanted until you tell me it's ready to go. :)
Jo
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Jo!
Thank you for picking this back up. :clap:

Revised files are uploaded and the MW is revised and ready to go. :D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Section 3, please.
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: September 12th, 2019, 1:18 pm Section 3, please.
Excellent! Thank you for the claim.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny, how would you like us to deal with the references to the drawings (figures)? I'm including them now as I record, but can easily remove them during editing. Just let us know, please.
linny

Post by linny »

KevinS wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:46 am linny, how would you like us to deal with the references to the drawings (figures)? I'm including them now as I record, but can easily remove them during editing. Just let us know, please.
Please DO NOT read text figures or plates. I put it on the first posting but I'll add color to it. As far as the references to the figures I'm ok either way. I'll leave that to each reader to decide.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

linny wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:50 am
KevinS wrote: September 13th, 2019, 9:46 am linny, how would you like us to deal with the references to the drawings (figures)? I'm including them now as I record, but can easily remove them during editing. Just let us know, please.
Please DO NOT read text figures or plates. I put it on the first posting but I'll add color to it. As far as the references to the figures I'm ok either way. I'll leave that to each reader to decide.
Thank you. I think the references can largely be ignored. That is, not recorded.