COMPLETE: Insect Adventures by Fabre/Zimm - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Add Section 23 to those which have passed muster.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Chapter 25:

An interesting chapter nicely read. It is PL OK.

Lomond
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

Hello!

May I claim the final two chapters, 18 and 20? Thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

farmerafter6 wrote: October 1st, 2018, 10:50 pm Hello!

May I claim the final two chapters, 18 and 20? Thank you!
That would be wonderful, thank you!

I see that this is your first official recording. (Welcome! :D) As such, I'll need to set up your reader page. How would you like to be credited in the catalog? You can use your real name, forum login name, or anything else you want. And do you have a website or blog you'd like your page to link to?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

We have several orphaned sections now that I've just opened up.
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

mightyfelix wrote: October 1st, 2018, 11:23 pm
I see that this is your first official recording. (Welcome! :D) As such, I'll need to set up your reader page. How would you like to be credited in the catalog? You can use your real name, forum login name, or anything else you want. And do you have a website or blog you'd like your page to link to?
Thank you for the welcome!
I can be credited as K.F. Armstrong. No website or blog yet, but maybe in the future!
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

Uploaded Chapter 18 - The Banded Spider
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_18_fabre_128kb.mp3

Running time is 13:07. This is my first recording so any feedback would be appreciated!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, you're fast! I haven't even had a chance to set up your page yet! :lol: I'm not complaining, though. :wink:

When I get home in a few hours, I can update everything.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Alright, I've entered your file into the MW (magic window) and it now shows as Ready for PL (proof listening). I'm not the one who will be proof listening your chapter. That will be Lomond. However, I did listen to the first few minutes, and it sounded very good to me! :thumbs: Once Lomond listens to the whole thing, it will either be marked "PL ok" right away, or else you will be informed of what you need to change or fix.

Also, I thought you might like to take a look at your brand new reader page. Here it is--------> https://librivox.org/reader/12816

That page shows every project you've ever participated in. (Currently only this one, but hopefully many more to come!) You can also keep track of which sections you're signed up for by clicking "Reader section details." And if you lose this link, no problem. You can click on your name in the MW of any project you're signed up for.

You're off to a great start! :D
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

mightyfelix wrote: October 3rd, 2018, 3:19 pm Alright, I've entered your file into the MW (magic window) and it now shows as Ready for PL (proof listening). I'm not the one who will be proof listening your chapter. That will be Lomond. However, I did listen to the first few minutes, and it sounded very good to me! :thumbs: Once Lomond listens to the whole thing, it will either be marked "PL ok" right away, or else you will be informed of what you need to change or fix.

Also, I thought you might like to take a look at your brand new reader page. Here it is--------> https://librivox.org/reader/12816

That page shows every project you've ever participated in. (Currently only this one, but hopefully many more to come!) You can also keep track of which sections you're signed up for by clicking "Reader section details." And if you lose this link, no problem. You can click on your name in the MW of any project you're signed up for.

You're off to a great start! :D
Thanks so much!
shibetpc

Post by shibetpc »

May I claim section 7? I'm a first time reader. However, if it goes smoothly enough, I'll happily claim additional sections.

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

shibetpc wrote: October 9th, 2018, 11:34 am May I claim section 7? I'm a first time reader. However, if it goes smoothly enough, I'll happily claim additional sections.

Welcome! I'd be happy to have you test the waters here! Before you do, though, you'll need to do this: One Minute Test

I will reserve section 7 for you while you're working on that. So when you get your ok on your test, just come back here and let me know, and then I'll officially sign you up! :D
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

Out of curiosity, what's the general timeframe for receiving feedback from a PL? I'm holding back on reading any additional sections until I receive feedback on my first one, to make sure I'm doing it right :)

Thanks!
lomond

Post by lomond »

farmerafter6 wrote: October 10th, 2018, 9:13 am Out of curiosity, what's the general timeframe for receiving feedback from a PL? I'm holding back on reading any additional sections until I receive feedback on my first one, to make sure I'm doing it right :)

Thanks!
Greetings -

In my case, it depends on how insistent life is in getting in the way of important things like PLing. I will have yours read by the end of the day.

Thanks for your patience.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Section 18 is definitely PL OK.

Nicely read. Good timing and inflection...no monotonic or robotic sounds to it. Occasional volume spikes, but nothing to worry about. Looking forward to PLing more of your efforts.

Welcome to LibriVox!

Lomond