mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! :D
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

lomond wrote: October 10th, 2018, 10:10 am Greetings -

Section 18 is definitely PL OK.

Nicely read. Good timing and inflection...no monotonic or robotic sounds to it. Occasional volume spikes, but nothing to worry about. Looking forward to PLing more of your efforts.

Welcome to LibriVox!

Lomond

W00t! Thanks so much! Definitely didn't mean to be naggy or anything... since this is my first recording, just wanted to understand the normal cadence. Thanks again! :D
msfry

Post by msfry »

farmerafter6 wrote: October 10th, 2018, 9:13 am Out of curiosity, what's the general timeframe for receiving feedback from a PL? I'm holding back on reading any additional sections until I receive feedback on my first one, to make sure I'm doing it right :)

Thanks!
I've been wondering about this myself and holding back on claiming more sections, as my Section 24 has been on "ready for PL" status for quite some time. Is there a timeframe mentioned anywhere?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I've just briefly checked the wiki, and I couldn't find a mention of any time frame in which files should be PLed. I have communicated with Lomond through PM, and he's been working through these files as opportunity allows, so he certainly hasn't forgotten about this project. However, we are all volunteers, and life things do get in the way of any of us spending as much time here as we'd probably like. I myself am somewhat behind on my own PL log. If you like, I can reach out to an admin for some clarification on an acceptable/expected time frame for PL, since I failed to find that info in the wiki.

EDIT: If you're interested in claiming more sections, however, I would be totally comfortable allowing you to do so without waiting for PL ok, especially since you've been around for as long as you have.
msfry

Post by msfry »

That's okay. I just asked on the Need Help forum and should get an answer soon. It's a good thing to know.

viewtopic.php?p=1514020#p1514020
shibetpc

Post by shibetpc »

mightyfelix wrote: October 9th, 2018, 11:23 pm
shibetpc wrote: October 9th, 2018, 11:34 am May I claim section 7? I'm a first time reader. However, if it goes smoothly enough, I'll happily claim additional sections.

Welcome! I'd be happy to have you test the waters here! Before you do, though, you'll need to do this: One Minute Test

I will reserve section 7 for you while you're working on that. So when you get your ok on your test, just come back here and let me know, and then I'll officially sign you up! :D
I got my ok :) Can I proceed?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Certainly! How would you like to be named in the LV catalog? You can use your real name, your forum name or any other name you'd like. I can also link a blog or website if you have one.
shibetpc

Post by shibetpc »

mightyfelix wrote: October 11th, 2018, 9:53 am Certainly! How would you like to be named in the LV catalog? You can use your real name, your forum name or any other name you'd like. I can also link a blog or website if you have one.
great, thanks :) You can just use "shibe"

I've just finished up with Ch7. I'll upload now, once I've looked up the process. Will I go on to 10, 11, & 12? They are quite short.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

shibetpc wrote: October 11th, 2018, 9:58 am
mightyfelix wrote: October 11th, 2018, 9:53 am Certainly! How would you like to be named in the LV catalog? You can use your real name, your forum name or any other name you'd like. I can also link a blog or website if you have one.

I've just finished up with Ch7. I'll upload now, once I've looked up the process. Will I go on to 10, 11, & 12? They are quite short.
The first post of this thread will explain everything you need to know about uploading, and includes a link to the uploader as well.

I'm happy to assign you 10-12. 10 is actually longer than the one you've just finished, but I'm confident you can handle it. :wink:
shibetpc

Post by shibetpc »

shibetpc

Post by shibetpc »

mightyfelix wrote: October 11th, 2018, 10:33 am
shibetpc wrote: October 11th, 2018, 9:58 am

The first post of this thread will explain everything you need to know about uploading, and includes a link to the uploader as well.

I'm happy to assign you 10-12. 10 is actually longer than the one you've just finished, but I'm confident you can handle it. :wink:
Great thanks :) I've just uploaded ch7 (hopefully correctly). I've got some time now, so I'll see how I get on with the others (I've already read some as I was using it to 'tune' my setup).
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Fantastic! I've entered that into the MW (magic window).

I do already notice that the file name is incorrect. In the first post of every project, you'll see instructions on how to name your files. The easiest way to make sure they're correctly named is to copy and paste the example file name from there, and then change the ## into the numbers for your section.

However, it's fine to leave for now. If there are other notes after PLing, you can correct the file name at that time. If not, our wonderful MC, Jo, can correct it during cataloguing. It's something to watch for the future, though. :)
shibetpc

Post by shibetpc »

mightyfelix wrote: October 11th, 2018, 11:44 am Fantastic! I've entered that into the MW (magic window).

I do already notice that the file name is incorrect. In the first post of every project, you'll see instructions on how to name your files. The easiest way to make sure they're correctly named is to copy and paste the example file name from there, and then change the ## into the numbers for your section.

However, it's fine to leave for now. If there are other notes after PLing, you can correct the file name at that time. If not, our wonderful MC, Jo, can correct it during cataloguing. It's something to watch for the future, though. :)
Thanks :) I was confused on that for some reason. I think I've corrected it on the next set. I'll wait to hear from Jo on whether to reupload Section 7.
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Chapter 24 has been found to fit all the standards of PL OK.

I am amazed at Fabre's observation skills. To sit in the sun for a couple of hours and watch a spider build its web...I do not think I would have the patience to do that.

Once, when I was hiking, I came across this beautiful spider web approaching two feet in diameter and glistening in the morning sun. It was across the trail and, not having the heart to destroy such a work of art, I carefully unhooked the two main "support cables" on one side and swung the web like a gate to one side of the trail and reattached the cables. It was the highlight of my day of hiking.

Lomond