COMPLETE: Insect Adventures by Fabre/Zimm - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

The weekend is here and I can block out time for PLing. I will get sections 8 and 14 done this weekend.

Lomond
lomond

Post by lomond »

lomond wrote: November 2nd, 2018, 9:34 pm Greetings -

The weekend is here and I can block out time for PLing. I will get sections 8 and 14 done this weekend.

Lomond
Greetings -

Sections 8 and 14 were very nicely read and have been marked as PL OK.

Lomond
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you! Almost there.

Section 13 has been orphaned.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

mightyfelix wrote: November 4th, 2018, 8:05 pm Thank you! Almost there.

Section 13 has been orphaned.
I'd like to take that if I may.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

That was quick! Thanks!
realisticspeakers

mightyfelix wrote: November 4th, 2018, 8:20 pm That was quick! Thanks!
quick? want to see quick?

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_13_fabre_128kb.mp3

[38:05]
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_20_fabre_128kb.mp3

Chapter 20, The Clotho Spider ready for PL!
Running Time: 8:23

please provide any feedback, thanks!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both! Sorry I'm late in updating this one. I thought I had caught all of the activity that happened in all my projects while I was gone last weekend, but I missed this one. I will put both of these in the MW for PL when I get home in half an hour or so.

So close!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

MW updated! :thumbs:
lomond

Post by lomond »

Greetings -

Notes on Section 13:

Aaaaargh!

So close to not needing a bit of an edit. :( :(

Time: 37:47 Text has "This is the golden fleece of which the mother robs herself to make the" Reading has robes instead of robs.

Otherwise, nicely and evenly read, especially for such a long section.

Lomond
farmerafter6

Post by farmerafter6 »

Random question - is there a way to set up Librivox forum to send notifications to your email address? I missed a couple of messages because I don't come back and check frequently. Does anyone else have this issue?
lomond

Post by lomond »

farmerafter6 wrote: November 14th, 2018, 1:31 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_20_fabre_128kb.mp3

Chapter 20, The Clotho Spider ready for PL!
Running Time: 8:23

please provide any feedback, thanks!
Greetings -

Chapter 20 was well read. Good audio level, good reading speed, good enunciation. Listed as PL OK.

I am going to miss this book. Some books, you find yourself not being able to wait until it is over. Not this one. A very good read, one that I will recommend to my scouts.

Lomond
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

farmerafter6 wrote: November 14th, 2018, 8:28 pm Random question - is there a way to set up Librivox forum to send notifications to your email address? I missed a couple of messages because I don't come back and check frequently. Does anyone else have this issue?
Yes! Click on your name in the top right corner, then click on User Control Panel. On this screen, you should see, somewhere to the left, "Manage notifications." One of the notifications you can turn on and off is the one for a thread you've "subscribed" to. To subscribe to a thread, click the little wrench icon near the top of any page of that thread and then click subscribe. I always subscribe to each project I'm involved in, and then I'll get an email when someone posts.

I hope this helps!

EDIT: Actually, I've just followed my own instructions and realized I got it wrong. Under User Control Panel, go to the tab that says Board Preferences. Then under that, you should see Edit Notification Options. Sorry!
realisticspeakers

lomond wrote: November 14th, 2018, 8:20 pm Time: 37:47 Text has "This is the golden fleece of which the mother robs herself to make the"
Reading has robes instead of robs.
Done!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_13_fabre_128kb.mp3
Disclaimer:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you!