Post by mightyfelix »

Got it, thank you!
CristinaEllis89

Post by CristinaEllis89 »

I'd like to be assigned Chapter 7 :mrgreen:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

CristinaEllis89 wrote: July 31st, 2018, 6:37 am I'd like to be assigned Chapter 7 :mrgreen:
Great! Welcome to LibriVox, and thanks for joining us on this project! Before you begin recording, you'll need to complete your one-minute test. This is basically just a sound test to make sure that all your equipment and software is correctly set up. Instructions for this are given in your welcome email as well as the LibriVow wiki at https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test I'll reserve that section for you in the meantime.
bkhendrick

Post by bkhendrick »

I would like to claim section 9, The Wasp and The Cricket.
Thanks, Kirk.
Last edited by bkhendrick on August 2nd, 2018, 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
tea4tamara

Post by tea4tamara »

mightyfelix wrote: July 28th, 2018, 8:29 pm
tea4tamara wrote: July 28th, 2018, 9:19 am I love this book. :) May I do (9) The Fly-Hunting Wasp?
Great, I'm glad you found it! And welcome to LibriVox! I'd love to have you read for this project. Before you get started, you'll need to complete your 1-minute test. It's not an audition, but basically just a sound and tech check. Instructions are in the welcome email you should have received, as well as at the LibriVox wiki, here. I can reserve that section for you while you work on your test. Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions! :D
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out my mic -- it's recording quite a bit softer than what the newbie recording page suggests. I'm also having trouble getting the files for the mp3 encoder -- apparently, the mac version has a virus, but it's a false positive? I'm so confused, not sure I want to be downloading it to my computer.

Can I back out of this book reading until I have everything figured out?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

tea4tamara wrote: July 31st, 2018, 7:47 pm
I'm having a lot of trouble figuring out my mic -- it's recording quite a bit softer than what the newbie recording page suggests. I'm also having trouble getting the files for the mp3 encoder -- apparently, the mac version has a virus, but it's a false positive? I'm so confused, not sure I want to be downloading it to my computer.

Can I back out of this book reading until I have everything figured out?
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I'll take you off of it for now. There are still plenty of open sections, so you'll hopefully be able to come back when everything's squared away.

I'd still recommend doing your one-minute test with what you have, if possible. That way, you'll be able to get some advice and support from people here who have tech knowledge. Or you can post in the Need Help forum, explaining what you've tried so far. Good luck! (I know nothing about Macs, btw, so I have no advice to offer, but I do hope you figure it out.) :)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

bkhendrick wrote: July 31st, 2018, 6:01 pm I would like to claim section 9, The Wasp and The Cricket.
Thanks, Kirk.
Sorry for the delay in responding. It's all yours!
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I'd like to claim section 17, please :)
Kathrine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

kathrinee wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 6:29 pm I'd like to claim section 17, please :)
All yours! :D
Annalisa56

Post by Annalisa56 »

Hi Felix!
I finally got the preface done. Sorry its taken so long. I've had bronchitis.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_00_fabre_128kb.mp3. 8:3
As always, feedback is appreciated.
Thank you,
AnnaLisa56
Now everyone, big or little, has a story.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Annalisa56 wrote: August 7th, 2018, 8:27 pm Hi Felix!
I finally got the preface done. Sorry its taken so long. I've had bronchitis.
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_00_fabre_128kb.mp3. 8:3
As always, feedback is appreciated.
Thank you,
AnnaLisa56
No worries. Thank you.
bkhendrick

Post by bkhendrick »

I have uploaded section 9 for review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_09_fabre_128kb.mp3 9:03

Thanks, Kirk
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

bkhendrick wrote: August 12th, 2018, 7:30 am I have uploaded section 9 for review.

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_09_fabre_128kb.mp3 9:03

Thanks, Kirk
Thank you. It's in the MW. :)
lomond

Post by lomond »

Annalisa56 wrote: July 14th, 2018, 4:34 pm Hi Jo!
Here is Chapter 1 My First Pond:
https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/insectadventures_01_fabre_128kb.mp3. 16:27.85
Greetings -

Nicely read and definitely PL OK.

I, too, have memories of exploring ponds and brooks and streams and the wonders they contain. This may sound crazy, but I think everyone should dip their feet in a stream and have the craw-daddies come up and tickle your toes.

Lomond
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lomond wrote: August 16th, 2018, 2:34 pm This may sound crazy, but I think everyone should dip their feet in a stream and have the craw-daddies come up and tickle your toes.

Lomond
:shock: Dipping my feet in a stream, absolutely! Having things tickle them... :| I'll pass, thanks. :?