COMPLETE Irish Fairy Tales By James Stephens - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
kristinamoritz12321

Post by kristinamoritz12321 »

Here is the link for Section 61, Ch. 1, Becuma of the White Skin

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/irishfairytalesbyjamesstephens_61_stephens_128kb.mp3
kristinamoritz12321

Here's the link for Section 62, Ch. 2 of Becuma of the White Skin:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/irishfairytalesbyjamesstephens_62_stephens_128kb.mp3
SlickWiggler

Post by SlickWiggler »

I'll do 44, 45, and 46. It'll give me a reason to practice my Irish accent, haha.
Please give me feedback! I'm always trying to improve!

Matt Bounds
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

SlickWiggler wrote: September 4th, 2018, 8:45 am I'll do 44, 45, and 46. It'll give me a reason to practice my Irish accent, haha.
They are yours! Thanks so much! No Irish lilt is necessary, but it does sound fun!
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
kristengleadle

Post by kristengleadle »

Good Afternoon! I would like t read Sections 55-60. I am excited! This will be my first go at this, and I cannot wait to get started.
- Kristen Gleadle

"The noblest art is that of making others happy." - P.T. Barnum
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

kristengleadle wrote: September 4th, 2018, 1:27 pm Good Afternoon! I would like t read Sections 55-60. I am excited! This will be my first go at this, and I cannot wait to get started.
Welcome to Librivox Kristin! We are sooooo happy to have you here! Before I can register you as a reader I will have to have you do your 1-minute test and get the OK on that. Here is a link to the wiki;

https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Once that is ok I will just need to know what name you would like credited for your reading, if different than your username, and a website if you would like one linked to your profile.
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
mattgalles

Post by mattgalles »

I would like to read 71 - 90, Mongan's Frenzy
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

mattgalles wrote: September 5th, 2018, 10:21 am I would like to read 71 - 90, Mongan's Frenzy
Hi Matt. I checked to see if you had done your 1-min test and did not see that you had. However, it appears you took a rather unorthodox path of and completed your spec review directly with Carolin in one of her projects. I have no reason to doubt her so I will go ahead and assign your sections. Thanks so much for volunteering!
Anthony

kristinamoritz12321

Here is the link for Section 63, Becuma of the White Skin, Ch. 3:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/irishfairytalesbyjamesstephens_63_128kb.mp3

(4:05)
kristinamoritz12321

Here is the link for Section 64, Becuma of the White Skin, Ch. 4:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/irishfairytalesbyjamesstephens_64_128kb.mp3

(4:26)
kristinamoritz12321

Here is the link for Section 65, Becuma of the White Skin, Ch. 5:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/irishfairytalesbyjamesstephens_65_128kb.mp3

(4:49)
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Hello Kristina. Thanks for posting. I pm'd you a while back regarding your 1-minute test. It is not "ok" yet because of some technical issues. Those same technical issues are present in your first posted recordings. Please check that PM on your account and address the issues with your technical settings. I apologize that there is some sort of miscommunication. Until you have the "ok" on the test I cannot add you as a reader to Librivox and so I cannot actually assign your sections. The good news is that I have placed the sections on hold for you and that it appears that the sections you have done already can be repaired quite easily. Thank you for your latest recordings post. I am glad to see that you have such interest and drive! Let's just get this technical specifications thing out of the way and keep you going.
Anthony

SlickWiggler

Post by SlickWiggler »

Small little update from my end.

I live in eastern North Carolina, and Hurricane Florence is about to completely wreck us. My town is 100% going to lose power, probably for a week or two at the very least. I'm not going to be able to record and edit my sections before it hits us, so it's up to y'all whether to reassign my sections or just wait for me to have electricity again.
Please give me feedback! I'm always trying to improve!

Matt Bounds
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

Matt,
I am so sorry to hear about this! I am really pleased that you had the forethought to come on here and let me know about this. Do not even give it a second thought. Keep yourself and your family safe right now. I will continue to hold these sections for some time. I am not in any huge rush. God bless and watch over you and yours at this time. We will eagerly await your return!
Anthony

Farnood

Post by Farnood »

Hi,

May I have a one-month extension on my sections? :(

Thanks,
Farnood

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation" (Thoreau)