Complete Pride of Jennico by Egerton Castle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

The Pride of Jennico by Egerton Castle (1858 - 1920).

All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/the-pride-of-jennico-by-egerton-castle/

"The death of a patriarch, unexpected inheritance of a second son, dark and stormy castle, faithful retainers, scary governess who never speaks, star-crossed lovers -- I could go on, but that would involve spoilers! All you'd want and expect from a gothic romance. One more thing -- real men do cry!"

(summary by sylviamb)
( )
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/51238
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Original soloist plans to finish project.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

I would love to PL the remainder of this book please.
I am so happy Sylvia is back :thumbs:
Cheryl
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Cheryl added as DPL!
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Lynne, thanks so much for fixing this up for me. :D I really appreciate it. Will have uploads coming at you very soon.

Cheryl, I am also glad you are back as DPL. Looking forward to working with you again. :D

Sylvia
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Lynnet

When I click on BC Admin under the MW, it says I'm not authorized for this area. Is there something you do or something I do to fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Sylvia
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Lynnet & Cheryl:

Here are a couple sections.

Section 17 Time 26:16
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/prideofjennico_17_castle_128kb.mp

Section 18 Time 23:21
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/prideofJennico_18_castle_128kb.mp3

As soon as I can gain access to the MW, I'll post the link there.

Sylvia
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Whoops!

That link for Section 17 was bad. Here is the correct link.

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/prideofjennico_17_castle_128kb.mp3

I'm relearning this stuff. Might take a while :?

Sylvia
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

sylviamb wrote: January 18th, 2019, 7:30 pm Lynnet

When I click on BC Admin under the MW, it says I'm not authorized for this area. Is there something you do or something I do to fix this?

Thank you for your help.

Sylvia
Usually this means you need to log out and log back in. Are you using your regular LV password or the workflow password? You need the more secure one. If you can’t remember it, click on “forgot password” and reset it.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

I have added them to the MW, but remember to add the times in the notes column 8-)
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Lynnet

Okay, got access to the MW (thank you) and put the times in the notes cell.

Moving along, more sections soon.

Sylvia
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Sections 17 an 18 PL OK
Sounds great :clap:
Thanks Lynne, I got in :P
Cheryl
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

March is clean up month, when we try to finish as many languishing projects as possible. Any chance of movement on this? Only 3 sections left!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Sylvia, any chance of those final 3 sections?
sylviamb

Post by sylviamb »

Lynnet, there's more than a chance. Here is section 19:

Time 16:00
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/prideofjennico_19_castle_128kb.mp3

It's been so long that I've forgotten (again) how to do almost everything. Hope I did this upload correctly.

Working on next section.

Sylvia