[COMPLETE] Violet Osborne by Emily Ponsonby-ans

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
schrm

Post by schrm »

annise wrote: June 27th, 2018, 4:35 am :oops: , right spot now I hope . Sorry about that

Anne
Hi Anne,

no problem at all ^^

thank you for your work and guidance!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MonikaR
Location: near Zurich (previously Geneva, Paris and Frankfurt)

Post by MonikaR »

Here comes Chapter 1 of Volume 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/violetosborne_01_ponsonby_128kb.mp3, time: 13:51

I will be away on holiday for the next couple of weeks and will continue my recordings thereafter :D

Monika
schrm

Post by schrm »

MonikaR wrote: July 7th, 2018, 10:05 am Here comes Chapter 1 of Volume 1:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/violetosborne_01_ponsonby_128kb.mp3, time: 13:51

I will be away on holiday for the next couple of weeks and will continue my recordings thereafter :D

Monika
good evening,

thank you for your contribution!
i wish you nice holidays - and please dont forget us (just during your holidays) :wink:

cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MonikaR

Post by MonikaR »

schrm wrote: July 7th, 2018, 4:45 pm
MonikaR wrote: July 7th, 2018, 10:05 am Here comes Chapter 1 of Volume 1:

Monika
good evening,

thank you for your contribution!
i wish you nice holidays - and please dont forget us (just during your holidays) :wink:

cheers,
schrm
Thank you :D I won't forget you ... Back to recording then.
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 1 PL OK
:D Off to a wonderful start
Cheryls
schrm

Post by schrm »

thank you cheryls!

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MonikaR

Post by MonikaR »

Here is Chapter 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/violetosborne_02_ponsonby_128kb.mp3, time: 18:54

There seem to be nobody else having signed up for this book which I find a bit surprising. Is this project filed under Readers wanted? I could not really find it unless I searched the title :hmm: Perhaps I did not look properly.

Have a good Sunday.

Monika
schrm

Post by schrm »

MonikaR wrote: July 29th, 2018, 7:19 am Here is Chapter 2:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/violetosborne_02_ponsonby_128kb.mp3, time: 18:54

There seem to be nobody else having signed up for this book which I find a bit surprising. Is this project filed under Readers wanted? I could not really find it unless I searched the title :hmm: Perhaps I did not look properly.

Have a good Sunday.

Monika
welcome back monika!

well, we call it summer-hole in german, in english it seems to be called "silly season" - according to my dictionary.

and then there are some maybe-aspects, which may influence a little:
- eg, it is my first book as a bc in english - so, while stav is co-bc, im just not well known and made the launchpadpost.
- then, most bc read themselves and update the thread frequently.
while i do want to read some chapters myself, that means really hard work! to read in a foreign language can be fun, but until i finally have a result, which i want to be pled...well, a lot of editing hours are gone by.
- and then, maybe the title attracts less people because its "just" a name.
- also an aspect: "we" tried to reach the 12.000 books count for the anniversary. i think, we reach hundred published, catalogued books this month and more! so, some people read for books, which were near to completion.

all i can do, is ensuring you: this project will take a while to get completed and i will try to rise the priority in my doings for this book.
but at the moment, also i am reading a german solo, and reading and bcing for german group projects...
and then there is real life, our whole company is moving into another village...
and its just true: during summer heat and peoples vacations, things slow down a little bit.

and now, i cannot think of more aspects, to be honest.

so, don't let you stop from contributing and look out for advantages: you are able to claim whatever you want..
and i hope to be sort of a relaxed bc..

cheers,
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Monika and SCHRM,
first off, thanks for contributing. Well, I suppose that it's just the fact this is not a well known novel. It is beautiful, but most people look out for smoething they know. I am not worried. Many books take a few months to catch. I was worried about such things once, but these past few years I see that people who love the book just come to read. It can take a while. Meanwhile, you can read as many chapters as you like.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
MonikaR

Post by MonikaR »

miss stav wrote: July 29th, 2018, 9:21 am Hi Monika and SCHRM,
first off, thanks for contributing. Well, I suppose that it's just the fact this is not a well known novel. It is beautiful, but most people look out for smoething they know. I am not worried. Many books take a few months to catch. I was worried about such things once, but these past few years I see that people who love the book just come to read. It can take a while. Meanwhile, you can read as many chapters as you like.
Stav.
Quite 8-) It indeed is a beautiful book and for me, this is what counts most :D
MonikaR

Post by MonikaR »

schrm wrote: July 29th, 2018, 9:04 am
MonikaR wrote: July 29th, 2018, 7:19 am Here is Chapter 2:

Have a good Sunday.

Monika
welcome back monika!

well, we call it summer-hole in german, in english it seems to be called "silly season" - according to my dictionary.

and then there are some maybe-aspects, which may influence a little:
- eg, it is my first book as a bc in english - so, while stav is co-bc, im just not well known and made the launchpadpost.
- then, most bc read themselves and update the thread frequently.
while i do want to read some chapters myself, that means really hard work! to read in a foreign language can be fun, but until i finally have a result, which i want to be pled...well, a lot of editing hours are gone by.
- and then, maybe the title attracts less people because its "just" a name.
- also an aspect: "we" tried to reach the 12.000 books count for the anniversary. i think, we reach hundred published, catalogued books this month and more! so, some people read for books, which were near to completion.

all i can do, is ensuring you: this project will take a while to get completed and i will try to rise the priority in my doings for this book.
but at the moment, also i am reading a german solo, and reading and bcing for german group projects...
and then there is real life, our whole company is moving into another village...
and its just true: during summer heat and peoples vacations, things slow down a little bit.

and now, i cannot think of more aspects, to be honest.

so, don't let you stop from contributing and look out for advantages: you are able to claim whatever you want..
and i hope to be sort of a relaxed bc..

cheers,
Ja, das liebe Sommerloch ... Let's keep on posting, and uploading and hope that some more people will sign up for this lovely book. I think it is delightful. BTW, English is not my mother tongue either but there are more books to narrate for :wink:
cherylstewart

Post by cherylstewart »

Section 2 PL OK
:D
Cheryls
schrm

Post by schrm »

MonikaR wrote: July 29th, 2018, 9:34 am

Ja, das liebe Sommerloch ... Let's keep on posting, and uploading and hope that some more people will sign up for this lovely book. I think it is delightful. BTW, English is not my mother tongue either but there are more books to narrate for :wink:
wie wahr, wie wahr..
und ebenso, ebenso :D

und nebenher nehme ich mir dann für violet zeit, oder so..
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
schrm

Post by schrm »

cherylstewart wrote: July 29th, 2018, 1:23 pm Section 2 PL OK
:D
Cheryls
thank you cheryls!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
MonikaR

Post by MonikaR »

Here comes the very last Chapter:
https://librivox.org/uploads/annise/violetosborne_19_ponsonby_128kb.mp3, 12:21

Monika