COMPLETE [Torah] Nevi’im (JPSA) 07: Judges - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Larry,
I finally made it to my office. Strips are so much nicer than stitches. :9:

PL notes section 1 – I think you may have uploaded the raw version.
0:22 - Intro is slightly off – Section title should be: Summary of the book of Joshua and introduction to Judges (chapters 1 and 2). Judges, chapter 1. And it came to pass…

2:04 word change (1:10) And Judah went against the Canaanites that dwelt in Hebron- now the name of Hebron beforetime was Kiriath-arba-and they smote She-shai, and Ahiman, and Talmai.
I hear mote

3:07 word change - (1:17) And Judah went with Simeon his brother, and they smote the Canaanites that inhabited Zehpath, and utterly destroyed it. And the name of the city was called Hormah.
I hear to

3:41-3:44 repeat (editing error) – And the children of Benjamin (again)

3:56 – 4:01 repeat (editing error) – The went up against (3 second pause)

4:12 – 16 repeat (editing error) – And the watchers saw a man come forward out of (again)

8:59 slight stumble – (2:17) And yet they hearkened not unto their judges, for they went astray after other gods, and worshiped them; they turned aside quickly out of the way wherein their fathers walked, obeying the commandments of the Lord; they did not so.
I hear the – o-Lord

9:49 missing word – (2:21) I also will not henceforth drive out any from before them of the nations that Joshua left when he died;

If this was your raw file, I’m envious. Great job! :thumbs:
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, dear! We'll I'll certainly check on it and make sure I get you a clean copy......
~ Larry
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

I have one more chapter to record for Chapters 13-16, and then I should have Section 6 done by week's end. :mrgreen:
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
linny

Post by linny »

Mark, thank you for the update. :thumbs:
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_06_jpsa_128kb.mp3

Here is Section 6 (Judges 13-16). 24:12 run time, 22.1 MB file size.
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
linny

Post by linny »

Mark,
Wonderful job! I love the intensity of your story telling.

Just a few PL notes for you.
0:25 Missing part of section title
Judges. Sampson. Chapters 13-16.

9:14 – word change - (14:19) And the spirit of the Lord came mightily upon him, and he went down to Ashkelon, and smote thirty men of them, and took their spoil, and gave the changes of raiment unto them that declared the riddle.
I hear smite

13:30 – 17:30 is a repeat of chapter 15. I didn’t PL this version so if you keep this one please let me know.
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

I would like to claim section 5 if it's not too late.

Username: Matityahu
Los Angeles, California
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Matityahu,
Welcome to LV! You skipped the preliminary test to ensure your settings are correct. I see you have feedback to your other project. Please do be sure to get the technical all sorted out before you record here. Please note this is a word perfect project so it is a bit more challenging. It's best to listen to your recording again while following the text before you submit it. That should pick up the majority of the little word changes we did do to when reading aloud. Let me know if you have any questions.
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

linny wrote: July 29th, 2018, 7:26 am Hello Matityahu,
Welcome to LV! You skipped the preliminary test to ensure your settings are correct. I see you have feedback to your other project. Please do be sure to get the technical all sorted out before you record here. Please note this is a word perfect project so it is a bit more challenging. It's best to listen to your recording again while following the text before you submit it. That should pick up the majority of the little word changes we did do to when reading aloud. Let me know if you have any questions.
Hello,
I corrected all the technical issues on my first project, and it's now PL and okayed. I love the entire Torah/ Nevi'im/ Ketvi'im project and will be sure to match the quality of my recording with the quality of the entire project.

I do have one question: Would it be recommended to still do the preliminary test even if I have a project that's been checked and approved?
linny

Post by linny »

If it’s not a big problem to then I would do the test. In the test review we check all the technical settings. If your section is part of a standard PL project then checking the settings is not required. Many of the PLers still check them but not all.

I look forward to hearing your section. :thumbs:
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

linny wrote: August 6th, 2018, 2:04 pm If it’s not a big problem to then I would do the test. In the test review we check all the technical settings. If your section is part of a standard PL project then checking the settings is not required. Many of the PLers still check them but not all.

I look forward to hearing your section. :thumbs:
Sounds easy enough. I'll go ahead with the test.
Thank you for your help!
linny

Post by linny »

My pleasure. :)
markpenfold

Post by markpenfold »

Here is the corrected file for Section 6 (Sampson, Chapters 13-16):

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_06_jpsa_128kb.mp3

20:00, 18.3 MB
m@rk p&nfold
lincoln, ne, usa
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Mark. Spot check PL OK. :thumbs:

I was very worried for a few moments. Originally I couldn't imagine how this version was 4 minutes shorter than the original. I had forgotten about the chapter 15 repeat. :mrgreen:
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

Hello again!

I've uploaded the file for section 5. The length of the track is 10:20.

Here's the link:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_05_jpsa_128kb.mp3

Excited/ nervous for your feedback :P