COMPLETE [Torah] Nevi’im (JPSA) 07: Judges - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Matt,
Wonderful work! I really enjoy your tone on this section.

14:30 – missing text (10:11) And the Lord said unto the children of Israel: ‘Did not I save you from the Egyptians, and from the Amorites, from the children of Ammon, and from the Philistines?

15:54 – End of Judges Chapter 0
I hear section 4
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

linny

Post by linny »

Section 4 is spot check PL OK. Thank you. :thumbs:

Section 8
1:40 repeat – And it came to pass on the fourth day, that they arose early in the morning,

3:38 missing word – (19:13) And he said unto his servant: ‘Come and let us draw near to one of these places; and we will lodge in Gibeah, or in Ramah.’

5:17 word change – (19:21) So he brought him into his house, and gave the asses fodder; and they washed their feet, and did eat and drink.
I hear them

5:26 repeat x2 (19:22) As they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain base fellows,

6:51 repeat (19:25) and brought her forth unto them; and they knew her, and abused her all the night until the morning; and when the day began to spring, they let her go.

8:37 word change – (20:2) And all the chiefs of all the people, even of all the tribes of Israel, presented themselves in the assembly of the people of G_d, four hundred thousand footmen that drew sword.-
I hear themself
11:41 extra word – (20:17) And the men of Israel, beside Benjamin, numbered four hundred thousand men that drew sword; all of these were men of war.

13:46 repeat (second has error) (20:27) And the children of Israel asked of the Lord – for the ark of the covenant of G_d was there in those days,

14:40 missing word – (20:31) And the children of Benjamin went out against the people, and were drawn away from the city; and they began to smite and kill of the people, as at other times, in the field, in the highways, of which one goeth up to Beth-el, and the other to Gibeah, about thirty men of Israel.

20:39 missing word – (21:14) And Benjamin returned at that time; and they gave them the women whom they had saved alive of the women of Jabesh-gilead; and yet so they sufficed them not.

20:49 missing word – (21:15) And the people repented them for Benjamin, because that the Lord had made a breach in the tribes of Israel.

21:52 – word change – (21:21) and see, and, behold, if the daughters of Shiloh come out to dance in the dances, then come ye out of the vineyards, and catch you every man his wife of the daughters of Shiloh, and go to the land of Benjamin.
I hear daughter

22:32 missing text – (21:23) And the children of Benjamin did so, and took them wives, according to their number, of them that danced, whom they carried off; and they went and returned unto their inheritance, and build the cities, and dwelt in them.
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

linny

Post by linny »

All but one of the corrections was made.

5:26 repeat (19:22) As they were making their hearts merry, behold, the men of the city, certain base fellows,

Originally this was repeated twice. You cut one but the second is still there. The first time you read it is the error, it begins with And they instead of As they.
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

OK, I think I've got it all this time! One more PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_08_jpsa_128kb.mp3 (22:52)
linny

Post by linny »

That did it! Spot check PL OK. Thank you. :D
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Well, I'm not sure what happened with my original file. It may well have been the unedited, or partially edited, file. I've done that at least once in my life. This one is quite a bit shorter, but it is a new recording, and I've given it one additional pass to correct a few minor things, so I hope it passes. If not, I'll be quick with any edits. Life has thrown us a curve or two lately, impinging on my carefully carved out LV time.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_01_jpsa_128kb.mp3 6:33
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Larry. I appreciate your efforts. I hope life calms down for you soon.

This reading sounds great however it did not contain the reading of chapter 2. Since I PLed your last version I have that file easily at hand. I picked up chapter 2 and added it to this chapter 1. If that works for you then there are only a few edits left.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_01_jpsa_128kb.mp3

9:02 slight stumble – (2:17) And yet they hearkened not unto their judges, for they went astray after other gods, and worshiped them; they turned aside quickly out of the way wherein their fathers walked, obeying the commandments of the Lord; they did not so.
I hear the – o-Lord

9:50 missing word – (2:21) I also will not henceforth drive out any from before them of the nations that Joshua left when he died;

10:11 – End of Chapter 2
I hear section 1
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you, Larry! Spot check PL OK. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Thank you everyone! You’ve been great and I appreciate your help in getting this version of Judges recorded. :clap: :clap: :clap:

I’m struggling a little with the breakdown for I Samuel but I’ll work on it some more tomorrow and see if I can get it launched.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks for writing a congratulatory post - it nudges me that it's ready to catalog. ;)

On it...
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

This project is now complete! All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/neviim-jpsa-07-judges-by-jewish-publication-society-of-america/
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart