COMPLETE [Torah] Nevi’im (JPSA) 07: Judges - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
linny

Post by linny »

Matityahu,
You did a great job for a word perfect reading project. There aren't many corrections at all! Nice work. :thumbs:

0:24 missing part of the section title – Jephthah and minor judges Ibzan, Elon, and Abdon Chapters 11-12

4:06 word change - (11:22) And they possessed all the border of the Amorites, from the Arnon even unto the Jabbok, and from the wilderness even unto the Jordan.
I hear borders

6:24 extra word – (11:35) And it came to pass, when he saw her, that he rent his clothes and said ‘Alas, my daughter! thou hast brought me very low, for I have opened my mouth unto the Lord, and I cannot go back.’
I here that when

8:43 extra word – (12:5) And the Gileadites took the fords of the Jordan against the Ephraimites; and it was so, that then any of the fugitives of Ephraim said: ‘Let me go over’, the men of Gilead said unto him: ‘Art thou an Ephraimite?’ If he said: ‘Nay’;
I hear and if

9:43 word change – (12:12) And Elon the Zedulunite died, and was buried in Aijalon in the land of Zebulun.
I hear this

I suggest noise cleaning. Let me know if you have any questions about how to do that.
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

Hey there,

I made the corrections that were noted, including noise reduction. The length of this track is 10:21.

Here's the link for the corrected version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_05_jpsa_128kb.mp3
linny

Post by linny »

Spot check PL OK. Thank you. :thumbs:
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

May I claim section 7?
linny

Post by linny »

Of course. Thank you for the extra claim. :thumbs:
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

Here is the recording of section 7. Its runtime is 8:58.
Link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_07_jpsa_128kb.mp3
linny

Post by linny »

Well done! Only four corrections.

4:14 - Word change - (18:7) – Then the five men departed, and came to Laish, and saw the people that were therein, how they dwelt in security, after the manner of the Zidonians, quiet and secure; for there was none in the land, possessing authority, that might put them to shame in any thing, and they were far from the Zidonians, and had no dealings with any man.
I hear that

4:38 - Word change – (18:9) And they said; ‘Arise, and let us go up against them; for we have seen the land, and behold, it is very good; and are ye still? Be not slothful to go and to enter in to possess the land.

8:25 missing word – (18:29) And they called the name of the city Dan, after the name of Dan their father, who was born unto Isreal; howbeit the name of the city was Laish at the first.

Volume is too high at 92.1dB. We aim for 89dB with an acceptable range of 86-92dB.

General comments:
You might consider adjusting your input volume. A number of your waves are flat which means it was too loud for the equipment to capture. This can lead to distortion. Also, when you patch in changes you might try adjusting the volumes on the patches to get a smooth transition.
Pronunciation isn’t something we generally correct for. I did notice one word, so I thought you might want to know in case you ever come across it in the future: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/ephod
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

Hey there,
So I corrected the missing and changed words and lowered the volume. I set it to 89.9 dB (hopefully that's not too low :roll: ). This recording is 8:59. Here's the link:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/holyscripturesjudges_07_jpsa_128kb.mp3

I also corrected the word "ephod" pronunciation and tried adjusting volume levels in certain areas for that smoother transition. I think it made those patches less noticeable.

Thank you for the tips :)
linny

Post by linny »

Volume is perfect. 89dB is what we aim for with an allowable range of 86-92dB.

I've marked your section as Ready for PL instead of ready for spot check.

So you know for the future, when you make changes other than the ones in the notes then it's best to provide timestamps. Everything has to be checked before the section can go to the catalog. Since I don't know where the word changes are (I just remember there were a number of them) I will PL the entire section again.
linny

Post by linny »

Matityahu,
Section 7 is PL OK! Thank you. :thumbs:
Matityahu

Post by Matityahu »

linny wrote: August 21st, 2018, 11:52 am Volume is perfect. 89dB is what we aim for with an allowable range of 86-92dB.

I've marked your section as Ready for PL instead of ready for spot check.

So you know for the future, when you make changes other than the ones in the notes then it's best to provide timestamps. Everything has to be checked before the section can go to the catalog. Since I don't know where the word changes are (I just remember there were a number of them) I will PL the entire section again.
I will be sure to timestamp all corrections and changes from now on. I'm so sorry about that, I can see how that would definitely make PL easier.

Thank you for all your help and patience! :D
linny

Post by linny »

No problem at all. There is a ton to learn around here. It is certainly an interesting hobby. :9:

Have fun!
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »

I assumed this was in Hebrew when I saw it, but I guess its a translation! Wonderful. May I have sections 4 and 8?
linny

Post by linny »

Great! Please note this project is Word Perfect so when you do your final listen please follow along with the text.
mattbenzing

Post by mattbenzing »