[COMPLETE] A Key To Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

it is my true pleasure to PL for you, Michele.
I've had a tough time setting up the mic and speaker on the computer system and fixing sound on Audacity is taking much longer than I had anticipated. There is also an issue with sound going soft, to medium, to "Get These Headphones Off Me Now" levels. And, I discovered hours after posting the test, that I had copied down the wrong link or information. :lol:
Techno difficulties. have been a comedy of errors, though I admit that I wasn't laughing there for about eight hours as I tried to set everything up, realized that I had also incorrectly copied the 1-minute test link

In so far as the name, Dave, please do change Catalog Name to: Angelique G. Campbell.
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

:lol: Nor was I finished with the previous post. :lol:
What can I say? Laugh AND cry!
Anyway ... I'm working on setting up for recording... and very (oh so very) much look forward to helping with more PL-ing.
~Angelique
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

BurgundyGrace wrote: June 18th, 2018, 5:35 pm In so far as the name, Dave, please do change Catalog Name to: Angelique G. Campbell.
Done.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Michele, confusion continues to rein here.
I don't see other of your recordings in need of PL; am I missing something?
Besides running down the MW for this work, I am looking in Readers Wanted: Books, and for ~ in front of the category/title to find all works to PL. I seem to understand from the instructions this is the process by which to locate and "claim" assignments.
IS that the best way to proceed?

Again, thanks to all for all help.
Yes, indeed, this is a learning curve!
~Angelique
msfry

Post by msfry »

BurgundyGrace wrote: June 18th, 2018, 7:46 pm Michele, confusion continues to rein here.
I don't see other of your recordings in need of PL; am I missing something?
Besides running down the MW for this work, I am looking in Readers Wanted: Books, and for ~ in front of the category/title to find all works to PL. I seem to understand from the instructions this is the process by which to locate and "claim" assignments.
IS that the best way to proceed?

Again, thanks to all for all help.
Yes, indeed, this is a learning curve!
Nothing of mine is showing up in the MW of this project as of this moment, but some are coming down the pike pretty soon. You are welcome to PL my work, I just don't want you to feel obligated. When you get your tech specs right, I expect to see you tackling Eliza, and then I'll get to PL you.

FORUM SHORTHAND - READERS WANTED
  • ~ in front of a project name indicates they are "looking for a DPL, (Dedicated Proof Listener). That is someone willing to stick with the project all the way through, and proof listen either the soloist, or whoever submits files to a group project. Some BC's and some soloists invite specific people to work with them, others just make a general invitation using ~. Listening to a whole book is a big commitment, so I would advise to be sure you like the material, or at least don't dislike it, and maybe get some experience under your belt before you tackle a huge project.
  • [GROUP]Indicates a collaborative project seeking readers. In principle, any such project that isn't marked FULL has open sections looking for readers. Of course, as we're all volunteers with real lives and higher priorities, there can be some lag between all sections being claimed and the BC getting around to marking the project FULL.
Now hurry and get those tech specs right, because I want you to participate in reading the Longfellow poem in the new Fortnightly Poetry project, which I posted today, and lifted straight from this book we're working on.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=70692
:P
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Ohhh, how I DO look forward to the volume being fixed on Audacity.
I think that I at least now know which questions to ask about setting volume.
I have tried just about everything I've seen from videos, 15 help files, but still to no avail.
I am working on it, even through hour 12 of attempts. :lol:
I very much look forward to the recording of Eliza. I've been practicing the section as I attempt to adjust sound.
Soon, we shall carry forth the great works together, including Beloved Longfellow. I'm sure it will be a wonderful collaboration, as so much here on the site is.
The clarification on finding PL projects is, too, much appreciated.
Ahhh, here is a lovely person offering to listen to the test file and help me adjust the volume. :) Wonderful!
~Angelique
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

could i please read section 2
thank u
peter
pistol pete, CC
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Peter. You're in for Section 2, Haley.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Just an update as it can be frustrating to assign a piece and then never again hear from a new reader.
We now have a team working on the sound issue.
In the meantime, I'm reading through the entire book and running recording such as I can for Section 5, Eliza.
I'm on project and thank you for your patience.
~Angelique
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

I would be happy to record section 1.12 – Topsy, who, when asked about God, says "I s'pect I growed. Don't think nobody never made me."
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

BurgundyGrace wrote: June 20th, 2018, 5:42 pm Just an update as it can be frustrating to assign a piece and then never again hear from a new reader.
We now have a team working on the sound issue.
In the meantime, I'm reading through the entire book and running recording such as I can for Section 5, Eliza.
I'm on project and thank you for your patience.
There is no rush, Angelique. Everyone's been through the set-up process, and we know it takes awhile.
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: June 21st, 2018, 7:13 am I would be happy to record section 1.12 – Topsy, who, when asked about God, says "I s'pect I growed. Don't think nobody never made me."
Welcome to the project, Bill. I've put you in the MW for Section 12.
JulieMDM

Post by JulieMDM »

This project looks amazing !
I discovered LibriVox a while ago but never had the time to join in until now.
I'd love to read a few sections, but I could maybe start with a shorter one, like section 8 - Marie St Clare, if that's OK for you.

Do you need me to read a sample before?
pmstrahm

Post by pmstrahm »

here is part 1 chapter 2 mr haley recording length is 19:49

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_1.2_stowe__.mp3

i would also like to read sections 4 and 6 through 9

thanks alot.
pistol pete, CC