[COMPLETE] A Key To Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

:lol: I've been given so many names, that "actual" seemed to be best. :lol: But, yes, of course, you make a valid point.
I'm Angelique Campbell and so shall include in the recording.
Ohhhh, unless I've technical difficulties, I'll complete projects before two months. Otherwise, I'll wander off to explore something else and a year later realize "OH! Recordings!" :oops: Thank you though for the reminder.
~Angelique
msfry

Post by msfry »

I think you have missed my point. If someone types Angelique or Angelique Campbell in LV's "search the catalog" feature, or in Internet Archive, they won't find you. To avoid that, the name you recite in your recordings should match your User Name.

Example: I often listen to a group chapter book or short story collection, and when I hear a reader mention their name, I might write it down and next time I get a chance, search for what else they've read. That's when the above arrangement comes in handy. If being found doesn't matter to you, there is no problem. Librivox itself doesn't care either way.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Thank you for the clarification; I did understand.
Still, on reflection, I'll use Angelique G. Campbell as the username; there's a far-reaching possibility the site itself may get more hit counts by so doing, and that's of greatest value.
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Section 19 PL:

10:32 Skipped saying "1834"

20:58 Said "batches" instead of "watches" (while noting that as there is no change in essential meaning, it may not be of importance to edit.)

I greatly enjoyed, especially, your use of dialect in Legree's quote!
~Angelique
msfry

Post by msfry »

BurgundyGrace wrote: June 16th, 2018, 12:24 am Section 19 PL:

10:32 Skipped saying "1834"

20:58 Said "batches" instead of "watches" (while noting that as there is no change in essential meaning, it may not be of importance to edit.)

I greatly enjoyed, especially, your use of dialect in Legree's quote!
Section 10, Legree, two edits made, plus, finding the pace a tad slow, I boosted the tempo +1, so these edits will appear several seconds earlier than the times you cited.

Thanks for your help!
msfry

Post by msfry »

BurgundyGrace wrote: June 15th, 2018, 11:02 pm Thank you for the clarification; I did understand.
Still, on reflection, I'll use Angelique G. Campbell as the username; there's a far-reaching possibility the site itself may get more hit counts by so doing, and that's of greatest value.
We'll have to ask our MC for advice here. Not sure if a User Name can have a middle initial, and if you've already established your User Name as Burgundy Grace, how to go about changing it. Dave?
craigdav1
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by craigdav1 »

The display name (that appears on the book catalog page) can be changed but I'm pretty sure the username cannot (the name that appears when you post in a thread and which you use when logging in). Do you wish the display name changed? I'm not aware of any restrictions on the display name.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

I apologize for the confusion and difficulty. In reality, it doesn't matter to me by which name(s) I'll be known here
Please let us do what is easiest; those who wish to find me and my work always do, so most effective for the site's purpose is most pleasing to me.
Sincere to regards to all,
~Angelique
~Angelique
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Michele:

Here is the link for section 3. Its duration is 29:05

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_03_stowe_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Just to say: I'm still here, I've not run away.
I'm having quite the difficult time setting the volume.
Simply setting up Audacity and other settings have heretofore taken me about 8 hours. :lol:
That's USING the help files and youtube videos. :lol: :lol:
Ahhh, I shall persist in this tech endeavor, and thank you for your patience as I work out the details.
Best,
A,
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

test_burgundygrace.mp3

Hello!
This passed the checker software, for which I am thankful; it's a great program, and most quickly helped me get this file in even any kind of acceptable form.
I do note that the sound starts off softly and then picks up and then increases to an uncomfortable level to hear.
I am unsure how to correct this. Is it a leveling issue?
I will be happy to re-record with best sound and re-submit, but for now I am at an impasse, not sure how to navigate around the issue.
As always, thank you for your help!
~Angelique
~Angelique
msfry

Post by msfry »

Angelique, I see you've posted your test in the Listeners Wanted forum, and are in Sonia's expert care. She will steer you straight to help you get your file uploaded to the right place and your settings right. When its there let me know, and I can possibly help with pointers too. Hang in there. It gets a lot easier!
msfry

Post by msfry »

BurgundyGrace wrote: June 16th, 2018, 11:41 am I apologize for the confusion and difficulty. In reality, it doesn't matter to me by which name(s) I'll be known here
Please let us do what is easiest; those who wish to find me and my work always do, so most effective for the site's purpose is most pleasing to me.
Sincere to regards to all,
~Angelique
No need to apologize. It takes awhile to get everything set up and it's all easy, it's just you need to decide. What we have now is this:

forumname: BurgundyGrace
Catalog Name: Burgundy Grace, which Dave could change to Angelique Campbell or Angelique G. Campbell if you wish (I see now that initials are allowed).
The name you recite within your recording can be whatever you wish. Some readers leave it off, most recite their Catalog Name, some recite their forumname, and I don't know of anyone who uses a third appellation but I suppose you could.
msfry

Post by msfry »

Section 3 is PL OK. Thank you, Phillip. Job well done. :thumbs:
This presents a picture more like Gone With The Wind, what we "wish" and certainly hoped slave days had been like. Nothing like what I've been recording so far in the chapters on Legree, Protective Statues, Separation of Families, and so forth. Those paint ghastly pictures.

I notice that you proof listen here and there. Could I possibly interest you in PL'ing a few of mine as they materialize? I've fear I've been imposing on newbie Angelique quite a bit.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Sure, Michele, no problem. Glad to help out.

Thanks for PL-ing me. (As soon as I've cleared some space on my reading list, I'll read some more here, too.)

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.