[COMPLETE] A Key To Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: August 6th, 2018, 1:23 pm Dear Gentlewoman MsFry,

I would be delighted if I were to be assigned section 57 Appendix.
If, however, you yourself or someone else has a hankering to read this section, I will withdraw the offer of my modest efforts in their favor.

Your humble and obedient servant and enthusiast,
Humble. Obedient. Servant. Enthusiast. Okay then, Gentleman Jones, I command you to read Section 53!!! :D
I will run and put your name in the MW right this minute!
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: August 6th, 2018, 1:39 pm
williamjones wrote: August 6th, 2018, 1:23 pm Dear Gentlewoman MsFry,

I would be delighted if I were to be assigned section 57 Appendix.
If, however, you yourself or someone else has a hankering to read this section, I will withdraw the offer of my modest efforts in their favor.

Your humble and obedient servant and enthusiast,
Humble. Obedient. Servant. Enthusiast. Okay then, Gentleman Jones, I command you to read Section 53!!! :D
I will run and put your name in the MW right this minute!
Thanks, Hon' :P
You're a doll.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

BurgundyGrace wrote: August 5th, 2018, 10:24 pm Section 16 is PL-OKAY!

Simply as a note, this was not uploaded to the MW, and so I required your direction to know it was ready for PL, (not having found it among the notifications.) When you update the MW, you'll have the two steps to complete. *Smile*

As always, I appreciate the opportunity to listen to your recording!
Thanks for those kudos they are much appreciated.

FYI, as a subscriber, you should be receiving email notifications of each post made on this project, with my latest uploads included. You can download from that post as reliably as from the MW (the links are identical) and, sorry to say, sometimes my MW's are not updated as timely as they should be. If you are not receiving emails regularly, let me know and we can try to fix it.
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

sorry to say, sometimes my MW's are not updated as timely as they should be. If you are not receiving emails regularly, let me know and we can try to fix it.

All acknowledgements of your value are simply statements of the truth as I see them; it's unlikely any would disagree with such assertions. *Smile*

I am receiving the emails and always check them for this project; I think it was merely a matter of not understanding, among the thrilling rush of claims and uploads, that 16 was indeed *yours,* ready for PL.

Indeed, it will take me until next life to have the skill to coordinate any such massive undertaking as this heavy volume of work ...
and by such time, I suspect, society'll h've cantered to such comic chaos as to be beyond the tellin'. *wink*

I await, patiently, the next drop inn of your chapters.
~Angelique
msfry

Post by msfry »

BurgundyGrace wrote: August 6th, 2018, 8:35 pm I think it was merely a matter of not understanding, among the thrilling rush of claims and uploads, that 16 was indeed *yours,* ready for PL.
Ah, that makes sense. I'll be sure and tap you on the shoulder next time.
And should I expect another section from you? There's plenty of horror and shame left for us to expose. :mrgreen:
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Yes, Ma'm. I WOULD like Section 40: Kidnapping.

And I can hardly *WAIT* to say line:
"The trader is generally a man of coarse nature and low associations, hard-hearted, and reckless of right or honor."

As a matter of a fact, as I've said the line just now, it was accompanied by that hard *TISK* sucking of my right incisor with an "Ummm Hmmmm!"
That's right; tell their names and business from then and try to not *LOOK* at their descendents and say "Umph. And what are YOU all about? Did you learn anything? If not ... know we're gonna talk badly about YOU, too. And ... ect."
*Laugh*
But umm hmm ...

Please do give me a while to complete this; I've 1.5 projects, and possibly a brief bit in one of the drama sections to finish ... and besides ... I'm still simply slow on the edit. Well, and ... the reading as it turns out. *Laugh*

All good; the more it's done, the easier it is to do.

Your encouragement ... means much to me.
~Angelique
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Michele:

Here are the corrections for Section 22. New duration 11:44.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_22_stowe_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the delay.

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_57_stowe_128kb.mp3 24.95 KB 26:36

This is the appendix.
The pancreas will be uploaded later.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

DrPGould wrote: August 7th, 2018, 7:28 pm Michele:

Here are the corrections for Section 22. New duration 11:44.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_22_stowe_128kb.mp3

Sorry for the delay.

Many thanks,

Philip
Thank you Philip, for those corrections. I think the tracking of speakers is much improved by your addition of the 3 quote/end quotes. :D 22 is PL OK.
msfry

Post by msfry »

williamjones wrote: August 8th, 2018, 9:07 am Uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_57_stowe_128kb.mp3 24.95 KB 26:36

This is the appendix.
The pancreas will be uploaded later.
Thanks, Bill. I look forward to listening tomorrow.
Pancreas. Ha! Many books have an appendix, but I've never heard of a book with a pancreas. Makes me ponder on the root word "append", which makes sense for a book, but not so much for a person. :lol:
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 57

Intro: "Recording read by". . . . . Strike either recording, or read.
14:45 "nays n49", strike n
25:25 With regard to the chart of Massachusetts inhabitants, the total you cite is way off. You say 14, it adds up to 160

Those are all the changes I recommend for this file. Additionally . . . . . here's some lagniappe for you.

Editing Tip: I notice cases where a new word, phrase or sentence begins without an appropriate pause, sometimes practically truncating the last letter of the last word of the previous sentence. I suspect this is due to clipping your edits too close, or sometimes I notice on my Audacity that the selection will adjust itself on its own (very frustrating), so I try to remove my hands from the mouse and keys, i.e., be extra careful to review before making any cut. Thus I recommend you ALWAYS preview how your edit will sound (C key) before you snip anything out.

Thank you for reading the Appendix and adding the final Outro. It is much appreciated. :D
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_57_stowe_128kb.mp3 26:34

The Appendix with your PL Notes corrected.
Thank you, too, for your additional words of advice.
-- Bill Jones

--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

57 is PL OK. Nice edits, thanks a bunch. :thumbs:
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_40_stowe_128kb.mp3 18:11

UMPH! And among the worst perversions, and yet too common a bloated being, we have Edwin Eppes.
I try to remember that there were others who ran to the rescue and those who ensured that the most complete account would be set down as evidence of humanity in worse and brightest forms.

Your CC always appreciated, Michele. *Smile*
~Angelique
msfry

Post by msfry »

Oh goodie! Kidnapping on my plate tomorrow. :roll: