[COMPLETE] A Key To Uncle Tom's Cabin, by Harriet Beecher Stowe - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

Uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_30_stowe_128kb.mp3 29:32

with correct pronunciation of "Souther" at 3:33, 4:14, and 13:30
and volume raised to 89

THANK YOU for taking the time to point out where changes needed to be made!!
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
williamjones

Post by williamjones »

msfry wrote: July 29th, 2018, 9:23 am
williamjones wrote: July 29th, 2018, 9:07 am I have heard thru the grapevine that readers can enable an icon which indicates to the PL person that corrections and comments are welcome.
I would very much like to know how to enable that signal.

BTW, practically everything in my control panel is "yes".
You just add CC after your name in your Signature. See mine below. It means, I read somewhere, that you welcome Crits/Comments . . . only constructive ones, of course. :)
Thank you very much. You are a very nice person.
-- Bill Jones

When you think that you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven't.
--- Thomas Edison
msfry

Post by msfry »

30 is PL OK. :thumbs:

Will listen to 31 soon.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

silverquill wrote: May 27th, 2018, 1:47 pm
Oh, my! Well, I have the first of my sections recorded, but I will need an extension for the rest.
I'm been making a push to finish some things up but didn't quite make it.
We are leaving Monday for a two-week traveling vacation. I will be able to do some editing, but not any recording until we get back.
If all goes well, I still plan to get things finished before the end of the month.

I hope that will be okay, but let me know if not.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

That's fine by me, Larry. This project has a long way to go. Enjoy your trip, and stay safe!
Thanks for checking in. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Okay, well, here is Section 53. For some reason I had this as 50 on my reading list, so I'm glad I checked so I could rename it before uploading.
Very enlightening history and penetrating questions at the end.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_53_stowe_128kb.mp3 21:36
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

silverquill wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 7:12 am Okay, well, here is Section 53. For some reason I had this as 50 on my reading list, so I'm glad I checked so I could rename it before uploading.
Yep, I broke three sections in half, moving all your sections down by 3. It is always wise to check just before you record. Glad you did.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

msfry wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 7:39 am
silverquill wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 7:12 am Okay, well, here is Section 53. For some reason I had this as 50 on my reading list, so I'm glad I checked so I could rename it before uploading.
Yep, I broke three sections in half, moving all your sections down by 3. It is always wise to check just before you record. Glad you did.
Oh, shucks, now I realize that I renamed the file, but failed to realize it would probably need a new intro and outro. I'll try to get that fixed, but now the kids are back . . . .
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL ing 53 now. The intro and outro don't mention section number, so you are ok there, but I found a few other errors so just wait for PL Notes. Coming soon.
msfry

Post by msfry »

PL Notes Section 53

3:35, repeat "a very different process from what would be necessary under the enlightened organization of modern times."
12:03, to the Corinthians, § 55, or ch. XXI. v. 20., Should say "section 55, or chapter twenty one"

Perhaps Balmes work, "Protestantism compared with Catholicity" would make a good addition to the LV catalog! I find Stowe's non-fiction works to be a goldmine of other authors and famous people to investigate. This chapter is no exception.

You are right. Interesting stuff.
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I'd like to claim sections 20 and 21, please :)
Kathrine
msfry

Post by msfry »

Thanks, Kathrinee, you're in for 20 and 21.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

msfry wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 10:46 am PL Notes Section 53

3:35, repeat "a very different process from what would be necessary under the enlightened organization of modern times."
12:03, to the Corinthians, § 55, or ch. XXI. v. 20., Should say "section 55, or chapter twenty one"

Perhaps Balmes work, "Protestantism compared with Catholicity" would make a good addition to the LV catalog! I find Stowe's non-fiction works to be a goldmine of other authors and famous people to investigate. This chapter is no exception.

You are right. Interesting stuff.
I think I can sneak in these corrections tonight, or tomorrow, at least.

Gutenberg does have that volume by Balmes, but I don't think it will get done any time soon over 350,000 words in 73 chapters plus notes! He has an equally weighty and lengthy two-volume work on Philosophy, which I might be more inclined to do. But, my, "I would like to do sometime" list is already too long. :wink:
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

msfry wrote: August 3rd, 2018, 10:46 am PL Notes Section 53

OK these are corrected. The second one is not so seamless, but I hope an acceptable patch.

https://librivox.org/uploads/craigdav1/keytouncletomscabin_53_stowe_128kb.mp3 21:28
~ Larry
msfry

Post by msfry »

53 is PL OK. Have a safe trip and we'll see you when you get back.