COMPLETE: Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths by William Patten - jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths by William Patten by William Patten (1866 - 1945).

This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page here:

https://librivox.org/the-junior-classics-volume-2-folk-tales-myths-by-various/

Compilation of tales designed and arranged for young people. This volume covers tales from the North, the Rhine, Greece and Rome, tales from the Hudson River, and animal stories. [This will be updated prior to cataloging] ( DrPGould)
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): https://babel.hathitrust.org/cgi/pt?id=mdp.39015083431588;view=1up;seq=1 DrPGould has posed links to each section of the text in the magic window for your convenience.
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales; Culture & Heritage; Nature & Animal Fiction; Sagas

Keywords that describe the book: animal stories, children's tales, norse myths, greek & roman myths

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Chapter [number] [Part number, if necessary] of Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths by William Patten, [Chapter Number & Title][Part number, if necessary]" [Story Title by Story Author]

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of [Chapter][Part number, if necessary]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Junior Classics Vol. 2: Folk Tales & Myths by William Patten"

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      juniorclassicsvol2_##_patten_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g.juniorclassicsvol2_01_patten_128kb.mp3)
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags

Please ignore ID3 tags - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: knotyouraveragejo
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
      Please post below
    MC knotyouraveragejo
    DPL & BC DrPGould
Last edited by DrPGould on June 11th, 2018, 6:24 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Hello everyone and Welcome to the Project!

I am unable to post word counts for this project, but I will post numbers of pages and links directly to the section of the text to be read.

This is a wonderful series of children's books and I hope that you enjoy your work here in this project. This should be fun!

Many thanks,

Philip
knotyouraveragejo
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by knotyouraveragejo »

Hi Philip. I'll MC this for you. MW will be available shortly.
Jo
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thanks so much, Jo!

Philip
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Hi Phil!

May I claim sections 44,45,46,47,48,49,50,51,52,53 please.

Thanks!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Hello, Nemo!

Welcome to the project! Sections 44-53 are all yours! Enjoy!

Many thanks,

Philip
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

I'd love sections 41,42,43,57,58
~ Larry
NOTE: Traveling without internet until March 17
Foon

Post by Foon »

May I claim all sections of chapter 1?
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Foon:

Welcome to the Project! Sections 1-9 are yours! Enjoy!

Many thanks,

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Larry:

Welcome to the project. Sections 41-43 are yours! Enjoy!

(I don't think I got a good division of the sections for Sleepy Hollow. If you want to change that, that would be fine--just let me know where the new division is when you post the sections.)

Many thanks,

Philip
NemoR

Post by NemoR »

Philip,

Section 0 is PL OK!
Nemo

Thoreau - “Our truest life is when we are in dreams awake."
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Thank you, Nemo for your PL.

Philip
HarmonicPearl

Post by HarmonicPearl »

Am I allowed to request chapter 2, or is it preferred that I complete a single section before claiming another? Also is there an easier way to read the text instead of the magic window? Thanks :)

- Angie
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Angie:

The only rule is that you don't take more sections than you can complete in 60 days. I'll put you in for Sections 10-13.

If you will right click your mouse on the "link to text" a menu should appear with an option to "open link in new window." Choose that and the text should appear in a separate tab in your browser. Alternatively, there is a link to the entire work in the first post on the board, but if you click that, you'll have to search for the particular page numbers for the section you are reading.

Hope this is helpful, and Welcome to the project!

Many thanks,

Philip
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Jo:

I'll go ahead and DPL this one myself.

Many thanks,

Philip