(Complete) Stories of Symphonic Music by Lawrence Gilman - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Lynne and Monica

Here are Sections 5 and 7 back for Spot PL -

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofsymphonicmusic_05_gilman_128kb.mp3 - 9:24 (note time change)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofsymphonicmusic_07_gilman_128kb.mp3 - 7:07

Monica - I am Canadian - that is my "accent" with a bit of French, which I am currently studying thrown in. :) No Spanish!

Lynda
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lmnei wrote: May 9th, 2018, 6:22 pm
Lynnet wrote: May 8th, 2018, 3:41 am
moniaqua wrote: May 8th, 2018, 3:29 am
Ok, so "The work has no opus number" also would be rather simple, right?

@lmnei, please let me know whether you cut out those kind of footnotes or left them in when editing your files, thank you :) I apologize that I had overseen that in the beginning.
I wouldn't include it... but I'm not going to have a meltdown if it's there :lol:
For the sections that I have recorded I will leave in the footnotes that I already recorded. For the recordings going forward I will only record the "interesting" footnotes.

Lynda
That's fine
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Lmnei wrote: May 9th, 2018, 6:47 pm Hi Lynne and Monica

Here are Sections 5 and 7 back for Spot PL -

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofsymphonicmusic_05_gilman_128kb.mp3 - 9:24 (note time change)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofsymphonicmusic_07_gilman_128kb.mp3 - 7:07

Monica - I am Canadian - that is my "accent" with a bit of French, which I am currently studying thrown in. :) No Spanish!

Lynda
Thank you.
And we all know Canadians are ... I was going to say weird, but thought you might not realize I was just saying that to bait you :twisted:
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Lmnei wrote: May 9th, 2018, 6:22 pm For the sections that I have recorded I will leave in the footnotes that I already recorded. For the recordings going forward I will only record the "interesting" footnotes.
Thank you for telling me :)
Lmnei wrote: May 9th, 2018, 6:47 pm Here are Sections 5 and 7 back for Spot PL -

Both PL ok now. Super edited! :clap: I didn't hear any difference in tone, couldn't spot that there is something re-recorded even as I know it must be as the words are different :).

Oh, French. Good idea to study that language; I liked a lot to hear and speak it in the about half a year I lived in Paris :)

Section 02 also PL ok now :)

Section 08 is PL ok. Your pronunciation of Chausson really comes close to what I've learned. :clap: I had to smile on the op. as I am used to hear those abbreviation read out as opus but that is no reason to edit, I think :)
WilkieMills

Post by WilkieMills »

dear lynnet,
i am slated to read chapters 3 and 4 {beethoven and berlioz)

the author has a very casual relationship with quotation marks.
in these chapters he frequently puts quotes around single words, or small phrases -
then quotes rather long sections of other authors.
i am relatively new, and don't know if librivox has a policy as to how to deal with quotation marks.
could you please guide me,

thanks,
wilkie mills
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

WilkieMills wrote: May 10th, 2018, 10:42 am dear lynnet,
i am slated to read chapters 3 and 4 {beethoven and berlioz)

the author has a very casual relationship with quotation marks.
in these chapters he frequently puts quotes around single words, or small phrases -
then quotes rather long sections of other authors.
i am relatively new, and don't know if librivox has a policy as to how to deal with quotation marks.
could you please guide me,

thanks,
wilkie mills
I'm pleased you asked if you are uncertain. In this case, there is no 'official policy'. Which basically means, it's up to the BC (me) or the reader (you). As for me, I am a firm believer that the reader knows as much, and probably more, than I do :D So do whatever feels right... if it were me, I would ignore quotation marks around single words or phrases. Or you could try altering your tone slightly. For longer quotes, the usual (but not required) format is "As John Smith says in his book I Like Music, quote.... end quote". This is one area where the reader gets quite a bit of latitude.
WilkieMills

Post by WilkieMills »

dear linnet,

thank you for your response. i believe that my instinct conforms with your practice. i just did not want to forge on, while ignorant of a policy (i am glad that one dose not exist, considering the wide latitude authors take in quotation mark usage).

again, thanks,

wilkie
schrm

Post by schrm »

hi all,

a tragedy i read, my reading a tragedy - until it was reaching a climax of german accentuated, but hopefully understandable, resulting recording of chapter 36:
length 09:08 (mm:ss rounded up) (edited, second upload after cutting some seconds silence)
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/storiesofsymphonicmusic_36_gilman_128kb.mp3

it was interesting to get into that..
to try to read somewhat near english, and gettig there with some minutes of viennese accent, and many many wiped parts.
my may adventure was not a mayhem.

but i did read wolf in english in the intro, and german in the text.
dont know about that, eg.

have a nice weekend!
Last edited by schrm on May 12th, 2018, 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

schrm wrote: May 12th, 2018, 12:06 pm hi all,

a tragedy i read, my reading a tragedy - until it was reaching a climax of german accentuated, but hopefully understandable, resulting recording of chapter 36:
edit

it was interesting to get into that..
to try to read somewhat near english, and gettig there with some minutes of viennese accent, and many many wiped parts.
my may adventure was not a mayhem.

have a nice weekend!
Is there a link? Thanks.
schrm

Post by schrm »

Lynnet wrote: May 12th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Is there a link? Thanks.
you were too fast lynnet :-)
now, there is..
i had to cut some silence seconds, i remembered after posting the file-link..
sorry

have a nice weekend and cheers,
schrm
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

CLAIM 10,13,21 AND 26 PLEASE.
Signature: KATHLEEN
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

schrm wrote: May 12th, 2018, 12:14 pm
Lynnet wrote: May 12th, 2018, 12:11 pm

Is there a link? Thanks.
you were too fast lynnet :-)
now, there is..
i had to cut some silence seconds, i remembered after posting the file-link..
sorry

have a nice weekend and cheers,
schrm
:D :D :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

2839reader wrote: May 12th, 2018, 12:17 pm CLAIM 10,13,21 AND 26 PLEASE.
Thanks for claiming