[Complete] Bill Nye's Cordwood by Bill Nye - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Sorry Sonichamy -

I somehow missed your recordings - they are PL OK now. :)

Have a good day!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Sonichamy wrote: April 18th, 2018, 5:44 am
Penumbra wrote: April 9th, 2018, 7:29 am
Recorded in the MW. Thank you!
Hi Penumbra,
I've seen "MW" mentioned in other comments on this site. I can't figure out what it means.
MW is Magic Window which is the list of sections, assignments and whether the recordings are done or not on the first page. It is inserted into each project when the project is created.
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

As Lynda says, the MW is that table called "magic window" in the first post of every project. The book coordinator (for this project that's me), the dedicated proof listener (lmnei-Lynda), the meta coordinator (Lynnet) and the readers all use it to keep track of the progress of the project.

Thank you for reading for this project. You've been a big help!
Tom Penn
Sonichamy

Post by Sonichamy »

Lmnei wrote: April 18th, 2018, 5:48 am Sorry Sonichamy -

I somehow missed your recordings - they are PL OK now. :)

Have a good day!

Lynda
Thanks a lot, Lynda!
Sonichamy

Post by Sonichamy »

Penumbra wrote: April 18th, 2018, 6:48 am As Lynda says, the MW is that table called "magic window" in the first post of every project. The book coordinator (for this project that's me), the dedicated proof listener (lmnei-Lynda), the meta coordinator (Lynnet) and the readers all use it to keep track of the progress of the project.

Thank you for reading for this project. You've been a big help!
Thanks for the explanation! That will actually be very helpful to know, because I wanted to reference the MW just this morning but didn't know what to call it haha!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Tom -

We are waiting on one person now to do their edits before this can be cataloged - have you contacted yaelh?

Lynda
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

Lmnei wrote: April 24th, 2018, 3:08 pm Tom -

We are waiting on one person now to do their edits before this can be cataloged - have you contacted yaelh?

Lynda
Her last board post was 4/12. I sent her a PM on 4/19 which she hasn't picked up yet. My guess is either something unexpected came up that has to be dealt with or she's on vacation. I'm willing to give her a month to come back to us. If she hasn't checked in by 5/12 then you and I can fix and PL her section and get this book in the catalog.

Lynn: you can move us to readers found at your convenience.

Tom
Tom Penn
yaelh

Post by yaelh »

Hi Linda,

Thanks for the help!
I've done a 1-minute test before recording this, and did what I was told - to use noise reduction and then normalize, so I don't know why it didn't work this time... maybe I recorded in another room and the acoustics were different.
I've edited the file with the effects as you described, but didn't manage to download the Checker (an error appears about a problem with internet connection, although the internet seems to be connected). Sorry for not being able to check it myself..
Here is the new version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billnyescordwood_06_nye_128kb.mp3 4.65 KB
Duration: 4:57
Is it ok?

Thanks,
Yael
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

yaelh wrote: May 5th, 2018, 11:16 am Hi Linda,

Thanks for the help!
I've done a 1-minute test before recording this, and did what I was told - to use noise reduction and then normalize, so I don't know why it didn't work this time... maybe I recorded in another room and the acoustics were different.
I've edited the file with the effects as you described, but didn't manage to download the Checker (an error appears about a problem with internet connection, although the internet seems to be connected). Sorry for not being able to check it myself..
Here is the new version:
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/billnyescordwood_06_nye_128kb.mp3 4.65 KB
Duration: 4:57
Is it ok?

Thanks,
Yael
Thank you! Lynda will check it soon.
Tom Penn
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Yael

Tom and I have decided to approve your first recording of Section 6. Something happened to your edited recording which made it very hard to listen to. I have never used the normalize feature when editing recordings and in this case it had a negative effect on your recording. I was able to restore your original file you uploaded as I still had it on my laptop from when I first listened to it so you do not need to do anything.

So the original Section 6 is now PL OK.

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks Tom for the interesting book!

Looks like we are ready to catalog now Lynne :)

Lynda
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Working on it now.
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

All audio files can be found on our catalog page:https://librivox.org/bill-nyes-cordwood-by-bill-nye/

Well done everyone :clap: :clap: :clap:
Penumbra

Post by Penumbra »

A huge thank you to all my readers who moved this project along so smoothly! :clap:
And thank you Lynda for your DPL work! You were great! 8-)
And, of course, thank you Lynne. You're the best! :thumbs:
Tom Penn
yaelh

Post by yaelh »

Lmnei wrote: May 6th, 2018, 9:11 pm Hi Yael

Tom and I have decided to approve your first recording of Section 6. Something happened to your edited recording which made it very hard to listen to. I have never used the normalize feature when editing recordings and in this case it had a negative effect on your recording. I was able to restore your original file you uploaded as I still had it on my laptop from when I first listened to it so you do not need to do anything.

So the original Section 6 is now PL OK.

Lynda
ok, thanks! sorry for the trouble it caused you...
Best,
Yael