COMPLETE Order Number 11 by Caroline Abbot Stanley - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Prentis

Post by Prentis »

Hi I am trying to start Chapter 24 but I am confused as to how to begin - copying templates and getting lost. Can you help?
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Why, thank you, sir! Jim :D
Prentis

Post by Prentis »

Hi Prentis here. Sorry if this is repeated. I am trying to start Prooflistening the above but copying templates and getting lost from there. Can you help?
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot, Jim.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Rapunzelina
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Rapunzelina »

Prentis wrote: August 15th, 2018, 3:58 pm Hi Prentis here. Sorry if this is repeated. I am trying to start Prooflistening the above but copying templates and getting lost from there. Can you help?
Download the recording from the Magic Window in the first post of this thread. I do it by right-clicking the "Listen" link and choosing "Save link as...", then it lets me choose where to save it on the hard drive, so I know where to find it, listen to it, and then delete it when I don't need it any longer. So, you listen to the recording, note any mistakes and the time they occur, and then post the notes back here if there were any mistakes, or just say PL OK for the recording you listened if there weren't! :thumbs:
Forbes

Post by Forbes »

Chapter 31 is PL OK.
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thank you very much for your attention. Jim :D
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

If you are still looking for a DPL, I'd be glad to join the project.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Aniroo,
welcome aboard. You selected a great book to dpl. Have fun,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 24 has a minor problem that is easily fixed. +

I ran the section through the checker and got the message: it is best to remove any DC bias before you begin editing. I've never seen that before and wasn't sure how important it is. I listened to the section and it sounded great, except for a little fuzziness, which I thought could be my headphones. The file itself looked a little fuzzy in the silent sections, but I thought that could be background noise?
After listening to it I did a little research. It seems you can do something to your mic set up in windows to prevent DC bias or you could use Audacity to remove it. I tried the method recommended, saved the file and retested it in Checker and this time it passed.
Audacity's DC removal method performs a calculation to make the average positive and negative sample values equal. To perform removal, choose Effect > Normalize..., with the option checked "Remove any DC offset (center on 0 vertically)". Uncheck the "Normalize maximum amplitude..." box unless you want to run Normalize as well (see Amplify and Normalize for what Normalize does and when to use it).
https://manual.audacityteam.org/man/dc_offset.html#Limitations_of_offset_removal Here's a link to the whole article.

BTW I listened to the edited file and it did sound clear and not fuzzy.
Once that issue is cleared up I can PL OK it as that was the only issue.

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section #32 PL OK :D

Thanks,
aniroo
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Aniroo. welcome aboard! :)
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi John,
thanks a lot. I hope you are still enjoying the book. Would you like to record more sections?
Stav.