COMPLETE The Visits of Elizabeth by Elinor Glyn -ck

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

thank you :D
Carolin
linny

Post by linny »

Ishratkaur wrote: April 11th, 2018, 6:51 am I just listened to section 3 and here are some PL Notes
15:27 - skipped the line "I shall be home.........Major Orwell are going too!" (Isn't it lovely mamma..........are going too!)
Hi Andrew,
Section 3 is spot check PL ok...sort of. The missing passage is there and you did a great job on the editing. :thumbs:

Unfortunately, your overall volume is a little low at 84.9dB. We aim for 89db with an acceptable range of 86-92dB. In your 1 minute test you didn't indicate your software. If you use Audacity I would suggest a bit of compression followed by amplification of 4dB. The compression will lower your high spots to allow you to amplify without clipping the audio. Assuming you use Audacity here is what you can do.
Effect>Compressor>I use the following settings (Threshold -14, Noise floor -40, Ratio 2:1, Attack time 0.20 secs, Release time 1.0 (uncheck the other boxes) >ok. Now you should be able to amplify by 4dB.
Here is a video which may be useful: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ3lOTDsN6c
linny

Post by linny »

Carolin,
I can't DPL but I'll do what I can to catch you up until someone else comes along.
linny

Post by linny »

cottage14 wrote: April 4th, 2018, 10:26 am Here is section 4:
https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/visitsofelizabeth_04_glyn_128kb.mp3

It is 16:50, including the five-second tail of silence.

**note: I first posted this with the wrong section number. Section 4 is correct.**
Hello Andrew,
Great read. :thumbs:

Best line of this chapter..."he's a very nice idiot" :lol: Such a cranky little creature. :roll:

Your opening silence is a little bit over 1 second. Please try and keep these under 1 second. Since there were no other PL notes and it's not much over 1 second (0:01:45) you may not need to edit it. Carolin will let you know if she would prefer a bit of trimming.
linny

Post by linny »

cottage14 wrote: April 6th, 2018, 3:06 pm Here is section 6: https://librivox.org/uploads/carolin/visitsofelizabeth_06_glyn_128kb.mp3

It runs 14:39, including the five second tail.
PL ok! Great job. :thumbs:
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Minnie,
Your reading was very nice. Thank you. :)

There are however, some technical corrections to be made.
Please 1) noise clean the section, 2) lower the volume by 2dB, 3) increase the ending silence to 5 seconds.
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you linny :D
Carolin
Eidyiaa

Post by Eidyiaa »

Hi Carolin,
Sorry for the HUGE delay. Retby is all recorded and will be edited by this weekend. Thanks so much for your patience.
Renegade librarian on a mission!
Walnut

Post by Walnut »

Hi Carolin, I would be happy to DPL for this project.
I try to avoid voice cracks in my recordings.
To PLers- please correct sloppy pronunciation or weird slurring :/
Eidyiaa

Post by Eidyiaa »

I have everything for Retby and just have to do some compression etc. I didnt do the mini subheadings like "Drawing for Partners" and "Marshall and Snellgrove." Was I supposed to? :///
Renegade librarian on a mission!
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Thank you :thumbs:

You neednt include those subheaders :) thank you!
Carolin
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

Walnut wrote: May 18th, 2018, 9:55 am Hi Carolin, I would be happy to DPL for this project.
Great, welcome to this project :thumbs:

To enter the magic window, pretend gou have forgotten your password, the system will geberate one for you and send it by email. Let me know if you could log on. Once in the magic window, you only need to operate the drop down menu on the right :) thank you!
Carolin
Walnut

Post by Walnut »

Carolin wrote: May 19th, 2018, 11:32 pm
Walnut wrote: May 18th, 2018, 9:55 am Hi Carolin, I would be happy to DPL for this project.
Great, welcome to this project :thumbs:

To enter the magic window, pretend gou have forgotten your password, the system will geberate one for you and send it by email. Let me know if you could log on. Once in the magic window, you only need to operate the drop down menu on the right :) thank you!
I think I was able to get it working. By drop-down menu, do you mean the one that appears when double-clicking files under "Status"?
Carolin

Post by Carolin »

yes exactly :)
Carolin
Walnut

Post by Walnut »

Carolin wrote: May 21st, 2018, 12:32 pm yes exactly :)
Cool!