[COMPLETE]Principles of Geology, by Charles Lyell-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

John1585Bull wrote: August 1st, 2018, 11:30 am Hi, here is the section 19 (Chapter IX part 1)

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/principlesofgeology_019_lyell_128kb.mp3

The duration is 25:56

Begging your pardon for terrible accent, and mistakes. If it's totally unfit I'm ready to rerecord it completely.

There have been a extremely small number of sections that I felt were bad enough to need rerecording! I'm sure things will be fine, mistakes can be fixed, and accents are not normally a problem. I will listen as soon as I can, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sections 103, 104 and 105 are now open.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sections 100 and 101 are PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 78 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 19 is PL OK! I did not find your accent too difficult to understand. Yes, it is there, but totally understandable!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Sycamore

Post by Sycamore »

May I have section 92?
All the best,
Yavor
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sycamore wrote: August 7th, 2018, 10:06 am May I have section 92?
Of course! Thanks Sycamore!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
John1585Bull

Post by John1585Bull »

Thank you very much for reassurance, I thought you really might not like it at all. I think it's still pretty nasty, maybe you would like to give me some tips how to make it sound more natural, and if you don't mind maybe I'd take section 20 (chapter IX part 2) then. Begging your pardon for the delay with the answer, I was busy like a madman.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

John1585Bull wrote: August 9th, 2018, 7:00 am Thank you very much for reassurance, I thought you really might not like it at all. I think it's still pretty nasty, maybe you would like to give me some tips how to make it sound more natural, and if you don't mind maybe I'd take section 20 (chapter IX part 2) then. Begging your pardon for the delay with the answer, I was busy like a madman.

Section 20 is yours, thank you!

As far as advice, relax! When a reader is new, they are very worried about how they sound, if they are doing it right, etc. But once that reader relaxes and is enjoying what they are reading, it will come through in their recording. Don't worry about how you sound, we all worry about that at first because no one thinks they sound good. I have heard so many people say, "I sound horrible!" or, "I hate the sound of my voice!" But, if you can get over that and listen to yourself without thinking that it is you, or being super critical of your voice, then you will get used to it.

No worries about how long it took to respond to my post! I am super busy these days as well, it takes me longer to listen to the sections I need to listen to. But we are all volunteers here, things will get done when they get done is my philosophy!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
deongines

Post by deongines »

I'd like to claim sections 43-47, Chapter 19. Thanks, Deon
Turning it over in your mind will not plough the field.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

deongines wrote: August 19th, 2018, 6:13 pm I'd like to claim sections 43-47, Chapter 19. Thanks, Deon

Sections 43-47 are yours! Thanks Deon!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
craftingcat

Post by craftingcat »

I'm sorry to ask this, but may I please have a tentative extension on Section 22, Chapter X? I'll try my hardest to get it in by September 11th, but we hit serious crisis mode at work and the last seven weeks have all been 72 hours or more and I'm fairly sure when I get to cleaning it up, I'll need to re-record some parts. I've got tonight off, so fingers crossed I can get it all cleaned up! But I'm just not sure. :(
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

emmilemmily wrote: August 21st, 2018, 5:51 pm I'm sorry to ask this, but may I please have a tentative extension on Section 22, Chapter X? I'll try my hardest to get it in by September 11th, but we hit serious crisis mode at work and the last seven weeks have all been 72 hours or more and I'm fairly sure when I get to cleaning it up, I'll need to re-record some parts. I've got tonight off, so fingers crossed I can get it all cleaned up! But I'm just not sure. :(

Of course you can have an extension! Thank you for letting me know!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!