[COMPLETE] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 9 - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Okay, "end of night 932", it shall be.
msfry

Post by msfry »

MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

Section 3, duration 17:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_03_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Also, assuming this passes PL, I am happy to take Section 28 so that this project is fully subscribed.

Thanks,
Mark
Foon

Post by Foon »

msfry wrote: October 30th, 2018, 8:43 pm Section 22 is uploaded.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_22_anonymous_128kb.mp3 14:00
Thank you Michele :thumbs: In the MW for PL!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
Foon

Post by Foon »

MarkErnest wrote: October 31st, 2018, 2:19 am Section 3, duration 17:13

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/arabiannightsvolume9_03_anonymous_128kb.mp3

Also, assuming this passes PL, I am happy to take Section 28 so that this project is fully subscribed.

Thanks,
Mark
Thank you! Helen will PL this, but I've signed you up for section 28 already. Not quite full yet--4 more open sections! :)
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 22
PL OK

Hi Michelle,
You have a great reading voice & style! :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 3
PL OK :thumbs:

* note:

Hi Mark,
You have a clear, strong reading voice & wonderful style.
But, I want to give you a heads up on your reading. You do not need to change anything in this recording,
I just wanted to make you aware of the volume changes in your voice for the future. (It does pass checker.)
00:00-01:00 very loud volume
01:01 low volume; your voice drops
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
msfry

Post by msfry »

My story extends beyond sections 22-24 to include sections 25 and 26. I notice the claimant has exceeded the 2 month limit, and beg to be assigned these two sections. It is a great story and I would like to continue telling it!
Foon

Post by Foon »

msfry wrote: November 1st, 2018, 2:09 pm My story extends beyond sections 22-24 to include sections 25 and 26. I notice the claimant has exceeded the 2 month limit, and beg to be assigned these two sections. It is a great story and I would like to continue telling it!
Hi Michele,
I'll gladly have you read more of course! :D I'm gonna do some cleanup on my projects this weekend. If they become available, you get dibs ;)

Readers needed:
htrm

Post by htrm »

My recording equipment has a lot more noise now than it did before, so I'm trying to see if I can even get a quality recording. Feel free to reassign my section if it will hold the process up, although I do plan to try to resolve it and complete the section if possible.
Foon

Post by Foon »

htrm wrote: November 1st, 2018, 4:29 pm My recording equipment has a lot more noise now than it did before, so I'm trying to see if I can even get a quality recording. Feel free to reassign my section if it will hold the process up, although I do plan to try to resolve it and complete the section if possible.
Thanks for checking in! The project isn't fully claimed yet, so it's fine with me if you want an extension. How about we give you another month? Would that work for you?

Readers needed:
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

HZFerr wrote: November 1st, 2018, 1:03 pm sect 3

* note:

Hi Mark,
But, I want to give you a heads up on your reading. You do not need to change anything in this recording,
I just wanted to make you aware of the volume changes in your voice for the future. (It does pass checker.)
Thanks for the feedback. I will keep an eye (or ear) on this going forward.
MarkErnest

Post by MarkErnest »

HZFerr wrote: November 1st, 2018, 1:03 pm sect 3

* note:

Hi Mark,
I went back and looked at my Audacity file and found the problem. I'd left a hard stop at that location when I punched in a correction, then when I when I was equalizing the sound later I failed to select the entire track, I only selected the portion before the hard stop. It was a 5 minute fix to repair the audio, and I have done so, but I didn't want to re-upload without clearing it with you all. Let me know if you want me to load the version with the volume even across the whole track, or you just want to roll with the original version.

P.S. Section 28 is recorded and I'm in the midst of editing. I'll have it uploaded tonight or in the morning.
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thanks Mark, I'll leave this up to Helen--or I can check later how it sounds. Not right now though, gotta run!

Readers needed:
Foon

Post by Foon »

Some sections have been orphaned.

msfry wrote: November 1st, 2018, 2:09 pm My story extends beyond sections 22-24 to include sections 25 and 26. I notice the claimant has exceeded the 2 month limit, and beg to be assigned these two sections. It is a great story and I would like to continue telling it!
Michele, I've assigned these sections to you!

Readers needed: