COMPLETE[GROUP]The Pirate Woman by Captain Dingle - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ClaudiaSterngucker

Post by ClaudiaSterngucker »

Hello Sonia,

Thank you so much for your kind words and the encouragement! :9: <3 Honestly, I had to pluck up all my courage to upload this chapter. I feel very insecure about my English, since I've never had a proper English lesson in my life. I picket it up watching movies and series, by reading books and listening to native speakers conversing. Oh yes, the rolling 'r'...I tried hard to avoid it, but the word 'horror' gave me a hard time! I tried to pronunce it with a normal English 'r', but it just didn't come out right, I couldn't figure out how to make it sound more or less natural. Then, I remembered that in the Scottish and Welsh accent, there still is a rolling 'r'...

You never need to hurry PL-ing my sections, as I'm doing German PLs, too, and know how difficult it often is to find some peace and quite time for it!

Thank you very, very much for your positive feedback and support, I'm very grateful for it :9:

Claudia
Claudia

"Aus Druckerschwärze entstehen Dinge, Menschen, Geister und Götter, die man sonst nicht sehen könnte." Erich Kästner
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ClaudiaSterngucker wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 8:38 am I've never had a proper English lesson in my life. I picket it up watching movies and series, by reading books and listening to native speakers conversing.
well then you can be doubly proud of your achievement. You seem to have a talent for languages. :thumbs:
Oh yes, the rolling 'r'...I tried hard to avoid it, but the word 'horror' gave me a hard time! I tried to pronunce it with a normal English 'r', but it just didn't come out right, I couldn't figure out how to make it sound more or less natural. Then, I remembered that in the Scottish and Welsh accent, there still is a rolling 'r'...
I personally LOVE the celtic accents, so I am very pleased to hear rolled 'r's :mrgreen: you don't need to change it at all.

Sonia
ClaudiaSterngucker

Post by ClaudiaSterngucker »

Kitty wrote: April 23rd, 2018, 8:50 am
I personally LOVE the celtic accents, so I am very pleased to hear rolled 'r's :mrgreen: you don't need to change it at all.
I love the Celtic accents, too, especially the Sottish accent! One can still hear the Gaelic heritage in it. I must work on getting rid of the dreadful Swiss German accent and taking on a Scottish one... :lol: :wink:
Claudia

"Aus Druckerschwärze entstehen Dinge, Menschen, Geister und Götter, die man sonst nicht sehen könnte." Erich Kästner
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Todd:

Here is the link for Section 3. Duration is 15:06.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_03_dingle_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Back after 8/15. In the hands of the medicos.
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: May 2nd, 2018, 5:17 pmHere is the link for Section 3. Duration is 15:06.
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_03_dingle_128kb.mp3
excellent chapter, Philip. No errors at all, immediately PL ok. This is a bit of a different story than Xerxes and his army. ;) Although I bet he would have liked to have someone like Milo among his followers.

Thanks for yet another great chapter !

Sonia
FatimaA

Post by FatimaA »

Could I volunteer to read chapters 11 and 12?

Fatima Ansari
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

FatimaA wrote: May 3rd, 2018, 2:05 pm Could I volunteer to read chapters 11 and 12?

Fatima Ansari
Welcome to Librivox. Please complete your 1 Minute Test first as explained in your introductory note. I will hold these chapters for you until your equipment settings have been reviewed.

Thanks, Todd
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Section 20 again for spot check. :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_20_dingle_128kb.mp3
17:13

Sorry, I really had overseen that one :oops:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

moniaqua wrote: May 6th, 2018, 3:09 am Section 20 again for spot check. :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_20_dingle_128kb.mp3
17:13
ah thank you, Monika, all is PL ok now. I almost forgot about that schooner :lol: :thumbs:

Sonia
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Todd:

Here is the link for Section 9. Duration is 14:18:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/piratewoman_09_dingle_128kb.mp3

Many thanks,

Philip
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: May 8th, 2018, 11:29 amHere is the link for Section 9. Duration is 14:18:
great job again, Philip. Very entertaining, and revealing chapter. I must admit I don't really like Dolores' behaviour and schemes. I really wonder how all this will end. :hmm:

No errors at all, however, as a suggestion: two breaks sounded a bit too long for my comfort. Maybe you want to have a listen and if you agree, could you cut them a bit shorter ?

> at 7:30-7:32: before “Pascherette says she only gave Sancho his answer”
> at 9:07-9:11: before “Pascherette lighted up with something higher than hope”

thanks

Sonia
Manar

Post by Manar »

May i claim Section 11 and 12 please ?
DrPGould

Post by DrPGould »

Sonia:

Thanks for your excellent PL. Spot on as always. I have corrected the long silences and re-uploaded the file which now as a length of 14:14.

The Sultana is an interesting literary character, and I suspect would be fun to play on the stage in the same manner as all "villains." But to live that life......there are less stressful ways....

I haven't looked at the end of the story, but I rather suspect "they all lived happily ever after" is not in the cards...

Many thanks,

Philip
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

DrPGould wrote: May 9th, 2018, 7:14 am Thanks for your excellent PL. Spot on as always. I have corrected the long silences and re-uploaded the file which now as a length of 14:14.
yes great, this is better and PL ok now. :)
I haven't looked at the end of the story, but I rather suspect "they all lived happily ever after" is not in the cards...
yes I have the same hunch :lol: We'll see...

Sonia