Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

I'll try section 17 The crystal
Siobhan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pixxol wrote: May 23rd, 2018, 12:32 am Here is Chapter 11! Sorry, I didn't realize it was uploading properly so I may have uploaded it multiple times :oops: :oops: :oops:

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/greatpearlsecret_11_williamson_128kb.mp3 20 min 42 sec
Thank you. And don't worry about it 8-)
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pixxol wrote: May 25th, 2018, 12:12 am I'll try section 17 The crystal
All yours.
TatianaCWC

Post by TatianaCWC »

I'll record section 9. :)
This is my first one, and I guess I'm supposed to tell you the name I want to go under? :hmm:
Tatiana Charvet' is fine. :D
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

TatianaCWC wrote: May 26th, 2018, 4:15 pm I'll record section 9. :)
This is my first one, and I guess I'm supposed to tell you the name I want to go under? :hmm:
Tatiana Charvet' is fine. :D

Hi and welcome to Librivox!
There are a few things to do before you get started.
You will need to complete a one minute test - this is to check your specs are up to Librivox standards, and if not, you'll be given hints on how to remedy that. http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test
Please post your test in the Listeners Wanted forum (see the dropdown at the bottom of the page) for the speediest response. Waiting for the OK may seem tedious, but can save time in the long run.
I will add you to the catalog. If you click on your name in the Magic Window, you will see your own personal catalog page.
Be sure to read the first post - all the info you need is there, but if anything doesn't make sense, just ask. The wiki (see the top of the page) has bundles of info too.
Lynne
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 11 In Jack's Private Sitting Room
PL OK
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
FatimaA

Post by FatimaA »

I have been assigned chapters 13-15, but I don't know if I would be able to get the reading done in time, because I am planning to take on a solo project which is very near and dear to my heart. If possible, please open these up to anyone else who may wish to volunteer. However, if an alternate reader cannot be found and you do need my help to complete the project, then I will still be happy to assist!
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

FatimaA wrote: May 28th, 2018, 10:12 pm I have been assigned chapters 13-15, but I don't know if I would be able to get the reading done in time, because I am planning to take on a solo project which is very near and dear to my heart. If possible, please open these up to anyone else who may wish to volunteer. However, if an alternate reader cannot be found and you do need my help to complete the project, then I will still be happy to assist!
Good luck with your solo! I will open these chapters up to other readers, but if you decide to come back, you will be welcome 8-)
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

Chapter 17 - The Crystal

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/greatpearlsecret_17_williamson_128kb.mp3 15 m 5 s

My filter moved and I didn't notice until after I finished recording, but I did what I could to remove the plosives in Audition.

Also, is it possible to have my catalog name changed? I'd like to use my real name if possible, Siobhan McAlpin. Thanks! :D
Siobhan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pixxol wrote: June 14th, 2018, 11:58 pm Chapter 17 - The Crystal

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/greatpearlsecret_17_williamson_128kb.mp3 15 m 5 s

My filter moved and I didn't notice until after I finished recording, but I did what I could to remove the plosives in Audition.

Also, is it possible to have my catalog name changed? I'd like to use my real name if possible, Siobhan McAlpin. Thanks! :D
Thank you. And I have edited your name in the catalog. Your forum name can only be changed in exceptional circumstances (and not by me).
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 17 The Crystal
PL OK

Siobhan, you did a great job, I did not detect any plosives. :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

HZFerr wrote: June 15th, 2018, 4:20 pm sect 17 The Crystal
PL OK

Siobhan, you did a great job, I did not detect any plosives. :clap:
hooray! it sounded worse before i tried Audition's pop reduction filter, but i didn't know if it was okay enough. thank you!! :D
Siobhan
Pixxol

Post by Pixxol »

Lynnet wrote: June 15th, 2018, 6:58 am Thank you. And I have edited your name in the catalog. Your forum name can only be changed in exceptional circumstances (and not by me).
also, thank you Lynnet! I didn't know about what the catalog name was about when I first started, because I didn't even know there were catalog pages. I saw mine the other day and realized I never gave my name, but wanted to. Thanks for looking into it for me and having it changed :)
Siobhan
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

Pixxol wrote: June 15th, 2018, 4:47 pm
Lynnet wrote: June 15th, 2018, 6:58 am Thank you. And I have edited your name in the catalog. Your forum name can only be changed in exceptional circumstances (and not by me).
also, thank you Lynnet! I didn't know about what the catalog name was about when I first started, because I didn't even know there were catalog pages. I saw mine the other day and realized I never gave my name, but wanted to. Thanks for looking into it for me and having it changed :)
All readers have to be added to the catalog; and it depends who adds you how it gets done. Any BC (Book Coordinator) can add a reader, but only admins can edit an entry... so non-admins make a big deal about not adding people until they know exactly how someone wants to be known. We admins tend to be a bit more cavalier about it, as we know we can change it pretty easily :oops: As for forum names (what you appear as here), that's pretty much written in stone. When someone has used their real name, then changes it, say when they marry, or for security reasons; or realizes there's a misspelling (yes, that happened at least once that someone misspelt their name :roll: ). It needs a superadmin to do that... I think there are only 2 or 3 of them and they have magic powers :lol: :lol: :lol:
IndahJo

Post by IndahJo »

Hi!
I'd like to volunteer for section 5.