[COMPLETE] Stories From The Operas by Gladys Davidson - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is revised section 30. I have corrected errors but have not adjusted volume. Do you want me to ? You didn't indicate .

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesfromtheoperas_30_davidson_128kb.mp3

duration unchanged.

Hopefully I will not have volume problems again as I have managed to locate Replay Gain and added it to my Audacity program. Why do they keep hiding or obliterating such useful aids when they upgrade ?? All programs seem to do it. Obviously do not listen to their customers !

Cheers

Jennifer
KaraBurnett

Post by KaraBurnett »

Hello there! I'm new, and excited to get into this, but would like to start with a shorter piece.

Claiming #26: PUCCINI – Manon Lescaut.

Thanks!
jenno

Post by jenno »

Here is revised section 19

Sorry about errors.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesfromtheoperas_19_davidson_128kb.mp3

duration unchanged

Jennifer
Delmar H Dolbier

Post by Delmar H Dolbier »

May I read Section 42, Tannhauser?
linny

Post by linny »

KaraBurnett wrote: March 15th, 2018, 6:24 pm Hello there! I'm new, and excited to get into this, but would like to start with a shorter piece.

Claiming #26: PUCCINI – Manon Lescaut.

Thanks!
Hi Kara. Welcome to LV! Before you record please complete the one minute test for new readers. This ensures your technical settings are correct before you record a longer section. Instructions are found from the Newbie Guide linked in the first post.

I will also need to know what name you want listed in the catalog.
linny

Post by linny »

Delmar H Dolbier wrote: March 16th, 2018, 8:10 pm May I read Section 42, Tannhauser?
Absolutely! Thank you for claiming.
linny

Post by linny »

Hello Jennifer,
Sections 19 and 30 are both spot check PL OK with the exception of the volume on 30. I'm sorry I wasn't clear. Our target volume is 89dB with acceptable ranges of 86-92dB. Anything outside of these ranges does need to be adjusted. Currently section 30 is at 85dB. Please increase at least 1dB but preferably 4dB.

Sorry to hear about the hiding replay gain. I'm glad you found it. I wouldn't have been of any help. I don't use it. I just run everything through the Checker.
linny

Post by linny »

2peltons wrote: March 14th, 2018, 3:35 pm Here is section 12 with a time of 21:19.
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesfromtheoperas_12_davidson_128kb.mp3

Mike
Hello Mike,
I'm sorry for the delay. Life got a little busy for a couple of days.

Section 12 is PL OK. Wonderful work. Thank you for contributing. It was great to hear your storytelling again. :thumbs:
TheVagabond

Post by TheVagabond »

Completed reading of Section 40: VERDI: OTHELLO

Recording length: 17 mins 40 Secs

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/storiesfromtheoperas_40_davidson_128kb.mp3

Tom
'Make use of time, let not advantage slip'
(Shakespeare, Venus and Adonis)
linny

Post by linny »

Hi Tom,
Section 40 is PL OK!

Did you change your recording setup or processing? Nothing needs to be changed but there were moments that didn't sound as clear. Maybe a touch near distortion. Was the recording really loud and spiking during recording and then you brought it down in volume? Again, nothing to change just not quite as clear as your work typically is. It just struck me as odd so I figured I would ask.
TheVagabond

Post by TheVagabond »

Hi Linny,
I think I recorded this sitting too close to the mic, and then found it was over 100db, so reduced to a level acceptable to Checker. I didn't listen to enough to reveal the 'rough' bits, however, so I'll definitely make time to re-record it - probably next weekend.

Tom
linny

Post by linny »

Please don't re-record it. It's fine the way it is and PL OK. It just didn't sound quite the same as your others so I wanted to check in with you.
TheVagabond

Post by TheVagabond »

Hi Linny,
If it's really OK with you as a guardian of Librivox standards, then I'll leave it, learn from it, and get on with preparation for the monster 'Biographies' section - lots of unfamiliar names to check, etc - and record it as normal.

Regards,
Tom
linny

Post by linny »

"Guardian of Librivox Standards", I like that title. :mrgreen:

Most definitely the section is fine so your plan is perfect. Thank you for all of your help on this project, especially with the biographies section. Remember the Librivox way when it comes to unfamiliar pronunciation. If you can't figure it out, then grab hold of an option and say it with authority. It does the trick every time. :wink:
2peltons

Post by 2peltons »