[COMPLETE] The Future of the Women's Movement - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

silverquill wrote: May 16th, 2018, 9:09 am Section 14 is PL OK.
I filtered out the hum the best I could and uploaded the file. Still not the best audio quality, but well read and meeting LV standards.
Great. I'm glad you were able to take care of the hum, because I couldn't hear it. :)
Pinchcliff

Post by Pinchcliff »

Could I volunteer for section 15?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Sure! I can assign it to you this afternoon.
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

Hello,

Please reassign Chapter 11 to another volunteer. I have tried to fix the errors in my recording (decibel level) and I'm getting frustrated. not sure what I'm doing wrong,
It would be a great relief for me, at this time if someone else could take over the chapter and I will shoot for smaller more manageable projects to start with.
Thanks for your patience.
-Mari
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Mmemari wrote: May 28th, 2018, 11:04 am Hello,

Please reassign Chapter 11 to another volunteer. I have tried to fix the errors in my recording (decibel level) and I'm getting frustrated. not sure what I'm doing wrong,
It would be a great relief for me, at this time if someone else could take over the chapter and I will shoot for smaller more manageable projects to start with.
Thanks for your patience.
-Mari
I am so sorry this has been so stressful for you! :( It was never my intention to load you with something that would cause you frustration. LibriVox is supposed to be fun, and I only meant to provide encouragement. Please forgive me if you felt I was pressuring you to invest more time and effort in this than you were ready for. :oops:

Don't worry about Chapter 11 at all. Larry and I have been discussing your chapter a little bit, and we're both agreed that we'd hate to lose the hard work you've already put into it. Between the two of us, we'll get it edited and hammered into shape, so that we can still use your recording. So you'll still see your name assigned to that section, but don't worry. We'll do all the rest of the necessary work, so that you can go find something else to hone your skills on! I hope this solution is acceptable to you, and again, I'm terribly sorry to make you go through such trouble! :?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Pinchcliff wrote: May 20th, 2018, 2:12 am Could I volunteer for section 15?
I've assigned Chapter 15 to you. So sorry about the delay. Please take note of the chapter subheadings given in the table of contents. I'd like those subheadings to be included in your recording, please. Enjoy! :thumbs:
Pinchcliff

Post by Pinchcliff »

mightyfelix wrote: May 29th, 2018, 12:08 pm
Pinchcliff wrote: May 20th, 2018, 2:12 am Could I volunteer for section 15?
I've assigned Chapter 15 to you. So sorry about the delay. Please take note of the chapter subheadings given in the table of contents. I'd like those subheadings to be included in your recording, please. Enjoy! :thumbs:
Thanks, will try to do it justice :)
Mmemari

Post by Mmemari »

Thank you so much! No need to apologize. Your encouragement has helped me immensely, it has not been in vain. I have listened to the tutorials and taking your great advice. I got frustrated with Checker, and editing the file. I need more time learning how to work with the files when it comes to editing. Please know that somehow in the midst of this I've learned something valuable to use on the next project. Your patience with me helped guide me and speaks volumes about how you value your volunteers, that alone is so encouraging! Thank you for helping me out with this project.

-Mari
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

May I claim chapter 5?
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ciufi wrote: May 29th, 2018, 8:02 pm May I claim chapter 5?
That would be great, thank you! I'll assign it to you when I can, hopefully soon.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix wrote: May 29th, 2018, 10:00 pm
Ciufi wrote: May 29th, 2018, 8:02 pm May I claim chapter 5?
That would be great, thank you! I'll assign it to you when I can, hopefully soon.
I'm terribly embarrassed. :oops: I just realized that I had forgotten to update here for over a month. I'm assigning that to you now, but please let me know if you've changed your mind during that time.

(I think I've got a system started now to help me keep track of which projects need attention. We'll see how well it goes.)
Ciufi

Post by Ciufi »

No worries :) ! In fact, I recorded it back when you said you would assign it to me, and it has been on my desktop while I did other projects. So here it is (27:51):
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/futurewomensmovement_05_swanwick_128kb.mp3
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Larry, I've just finished edits to chapter 11. Thanks so much for your work on this. Below is your list of edits that were needed, and I've given you new time stamps for each of them in bold.
Added subheadings in my voice at 0:32
Around 3:53-5 there are some clicks in the pause that can be cut out (4:26)
And at 6:00 another (6:31)
6:27 stumble “conviviality” (6:58)
9:00 another bump (9:28)
9:31 stumble “furniture dealer” (10:00)
10:03 another click (10:33)
11:31 click (12:00)
12:56 repeat “he is sent’ (13:25)
13:24 forward -- entire phrase repeated “Who can doubt that when women know these things and are admitted to full citizenship”(13:35)
18:01 stumble “from the war-departments” (18:03)
18:16 stumble on phrase, ‘not on the use men may make of this wonderful discovery” (18:14)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ciufi wrote: July 5th, 2018, 10:53 am No worries :) ! In fact, I recorded it back when you said you would assign it to me, and it has been on my desktop while I did other projects. So here it is (27:51):
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/futurewomensmovement_05_swanwick_128kb.mp3
You are a wonder! It's in the MW for PL. :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Chapter 8 is orphaned.