COMPLETE: Life and Lillian Gish by Albert Bigelow Paine - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
ChuckW

Post by ChuckW »

WiltedScribe wrote: January 20th, 2018, 8:07 pm
ChuckW wrote: January 20th, 2018, 7:49 pm Awesome! I'm glad to see we're finally doing this one. :-) There are some other early celebrity biographies I'd love to see recorded for Librivox, but this is the big one.

I would like to read a couple of chapters from one of my favorite parts of Gish's career: the early Biograph years. Could I take Sections 21 and 22?
I'm glad you brought it to my attention. I don't come across celebrity biographies around here much, so I'd be interested in BCing more in the future if this one is popular.

Aaaaand you've also been assigned those sections. :mrgreen:
I started a thread about this a while ago, but it seems like most of my big recommendations have already been recorded. There are a couple that I suggested whose copyright status needs to be double checked, since they were published after 1922. I also have a few other books about early Hollywood and filmmaking that might be of interest, as well as a book length study of one particular star, if you're interested. That last one was one I was going to do as a solo at some point (it's pretty short), but I'd happily pass it on if you're interested.
PROJECTS
Current Solo:Septimius Felton (Hawthorne's final novel)
Help Needed: Strange Interlude (O'Neill's Freudian melodrama - roles available!)
HeartsandStars

Post by HeartsandStars »

I'll take sections 8 and 9.

Thanks!
Andrea
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

ChuckW wrote: January 20th, 2018, 7:49 pm I started a thread about this a while ago, but it seems like most of my big recommendations have already been recorded. There are a couple that I suggested whose copyright status needs to be double checked, since they were published after 1922. I also have a few other books about early Hollywood and filmmaking that might be of interest, as well as a book length study of one particular star, if you're interested. That last one was one I was going to do as a solo at some point (it's pretty short), but I'd happily pass it on if you're interested.
I don't want to take a potential solo away from you! But anything about early Hollywood and filmmaking would be of interest down the line. I'd happily BC one of those works when this one is done. :D
HeartsandStars wrote: January 21st, 2018, 12:13 pm I'll take sections 8 and 9.

Thanks!
Andrea
Thank you for claiming, Andrea! Your sections have been assigned. Have fun! :thumbs:
Tomas Peter
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

I regretfully resign as your DPL. I do not check the technical settings.
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

HZFerr wrote: January 21st, 2018, 4:21 pm I regretfully resign as your DPL. I do not check the technical settings.
Thanks for letting me know.

David, please remove Helen as DPL. We're back to looking for one. :help:
Tomas Peter
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Claim sections 10 and 11 please.
Signature: KATHLEEN
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

2839reader wrote: January 21st, 2018, 8:17 pm Claim sections 10 and 11 please.
Thank you!
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote:David, please remove Helen as DPL. We're back to looking for one. :help:
don't fret, Tomas, I can take over, and you know that checking everything meticulously is part of my routine :mrgreen: And this gives me opportunity to learn something about the life of this for me unknown actress, narrated to me by some great readers :9:

Sonia
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thank you, Sonia! :9: I hope you find this book interesting, even if you don't know who Gish was. Maybe it will convince you to watch one of her old films LOL.
Tomas Peter
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

2839reader wrote:Her First False Step
Dorothy's Tree
yay, the first chapters are in. Thank you Kathleen for the nice reading. I was amazed at the little girl being put in a den with live lions :shock: not sure they would do that on stage nowadays.

Section 9 is PL ok. Although, careful, you forgot a _ at the end of the file name, before 128kb. As there are no errors, I'll make a note in the MW for David to change it behind the scenes. :)

but I have two PL notes for Section 10:

> at 0:56: “Also, that she never had a lovelier or sweeter pupil” – “also” repeated, can be cut out once

> at 1:20: “That she could write quite as well as the average child of her age is shown by a small pencilled note to Mell Faris” – you say “of her own age by a small pencilled note”, which makes the sentence sound strange and incomplete :hmm:

> Actually I just saw that your Section 9 should be named 10 and your Section 10 is really 11. That's due to the Prologue probably. Please change the file name to "11" when you reupload your corrected file. I'll make a note for David to change the other number, where there were no errors. Always use the number in the MW to name your files !

Thanks

Sonia
2839reader

Post by 2839reader »

0:56 removed repeat.
1:20 "of her age is shown by" is put in
Changed section numbers.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_10_paine128kb.mp3
Her First False Step
19:35
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/lifeandlilliangish_11_paine_128kb.mp3
Dorothy's Tree
6:36
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

2839reader wrote: January 25th, 2018, 1:16 pm 0:56 removed repeat.
Changed section numbers.
ah you changed both numbers now, thank you. The _ is still missing in 10, but it's ok, no need to reupload, David can do that behind the scenes ;)

Section 11 is now PL ok. Excellent editing. :clap:

thank you

Sonia
aradlaw
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by aradlaw »

Kitty wrote: January 25th, 2018, 1:21 pm
2839reader wrote: January 25th, 2018, 1:16 pm 0:56 removed repeat.
Changed section numbers.
ah you changed both numbers now, thank you. The _ is still missing in 10, but it's ok, no need to reupload, David can do that behind the scenes ;)

Section 11 is now PL ok. Excellent editing. :clap:

thank you

Sonia
I've corrected the filenames in both the MW & uploader. :)
David Lawrence

* Weekly & Fortnightly Poetry - Check out the Short Works forum for the latest projects!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aradlaw wrote:I've corrected the filenames in both the MW & uploader. :)
thank you David, both are correct :thumbs:

Sonia