COMPLETE Beyond These Voices by Mary Elizabeth Braddon-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Section 1 just has one small edit needed, at 6:00 you cleared your throat and there is a long pause.
~Tiffany
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Section 1 is PL OK!
~Tiffany
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Tiffany.
12tallyho

Post by 12tallyho »

I'd like to record sections 10,11 and 12 please..that's part 1 and 2 of chapter 8 and then chapter 9
This will be my first recording. :-)

Susan
12tallyho

Post by 12tallyho »

I'm so confused..This book started 10 years ago? I just requested 3 chapters but I don't know if it's still going on. Newbie here!
Thanks!

Also, will a reply to my request come to my email? Or do I need to keep checking back on the forum. Thanks again
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

HI tallyho -

Just answering your questions for you...

This book started recording in December 2017 so no, not 10 years ago. You, I and some others are actively recording Chapters in it.

Second, yes you will get an email when there is activity posted in the thread if you select the checkmark of "notify me when a reply is posted" at the bottom of your post. That checkmark will then default to stay there for all future posts you do in this thread. If you change to a different book/thread then you need to select it again when you post in the new thread.

If you do not want to receive emails then de-select the "notify..." option and you can always see what ia going on at the very top of the Librivox window where you see Notifications which is just to the left of your Private Messages Inbox.

BTW - you Private messages work the same way as the forums - you can receive an email also if the "notify..." is selected on the Private Message.

Very good questions - let us know if you have any more!

Lynda
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello Susan,
sorry for not being here. Welcome to Librivox. I hope you will enjoy here. Sections 10-12 are all yours. But first:
1. Please submit a one-minute sampal recording, to make sure your tecnical settings are all correct.
2. Please letus know under which name you would like to be credited in the catalogue.
Have fun,
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks for everything, Jim, Linda and Tifany.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
jenno

Post by jenno »

Hi - its good to be back in harness !

here is chapter 27 ( section 31)

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/beyondthevoices_31_braddon_128kb.mp3

duration 43.46.

The forum pages look different ??? I hope i am complying correctly regarding naming of the files

Cheers

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Jeniffer,
thanks for the chapter. It is now in the mw.
Yes, the forum pages look different. I also learn to navigate them myself...
Regards,
Stav.
jenno

Post by jenno »

I have just realised that I named the file of my recording of section 31 incorrectly.

Should i re- upload it for you ??? the name i gave was beyondthevoices_31_braddon_128kb.mp3

I have now corrected the name.

Jennifer
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

I suggest you reupload, but let's wait for our expert Mary Anne to tell us if I am wrong and she can fix the name before cataloging.
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Jennifer,

For this file, let's leave it with the original name. Stav is correct that I can fix it during cataloging.

If you record other sections, you can give them the right format of name from the beginning.

MaryAnn
jenno

Post by jenno »

Will do . Sorry about the slip up. Am a bit rusty not having done any recording for a few weeks !!

Jennifer