COMPLETE Jurisprudence by John Salmond-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Post Reply
linny
Posts: 10559
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 10th, 2019, 11:46 am

Hi Mike,
Section 30 is spot check PL OK. Thank you for the timestamps! :D

linny
Posts: 10559
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 10th, 2019, 11:47 am

Divya,
I hope you don't mind that I got ahead of you. I finished all my other PL work for the day and still had a bit more time.

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42993
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 10th, 2019, 5:10 pm

I'll take 22 and 23, if I may. :)

DivMS
Posts: 420
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Post by DivMS » February 11th, 2019, 9:50 am

linny wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 11:47 am
Divya,
I hope you don't mind that I got ahead of you. I finished all my other PL work for the day and still had a bit more time.
Not at all linny! Thanks a million! :D

DivMS
Posts: 420
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Post by DivMS » February 11th, 2019, 9:51 am

TriciaG wrote:
February 10th, 2019, 5:10 pm
I'll take 22 and 23, if I may. :)
All yours Tricia :D

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 428
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » February 11th, 2019, 3:52 pm

Has section 35 been claimed? If not, let me help finish this project!
Josh Kibbey

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42993
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 11th, 2019, 3:59 pm

Here's 22:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jurisprudence_22_salmond_128kb.mp3
33:43

The discussion of animals not being legal "persons" reminds me of that millionaire heiress that left her estate to her dog several years ago. I don't recall hearing the legal arguments about that - whether it was valid or not - and whether the money going to a trustee for the maintenance of the dog, if it weren't used for the dog, would have been illegal. Using this text as a guide, it would not have been illegal. But the USA is a different country than England, so perhaps the laws are different. :)

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42993
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 13th, 2019, 12:57 pm

Here's 23:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jurisprudence_23_salmond_128kb.mp3
33:07
KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 3:52 pm
Has section 35 been claimed? If not, let me help finish this project!
Reading back through the thread, it hasn't been claimed. I didn't because it's filled with Latin and Greek. I'm sure the BC will be happy to have you record it!

linny
Posts: 10559
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 13th, 2019, 3:58 pm

Tricia,
I PLed your sections. I don't think the following necessarily 'significantly' change the meaning of the text but I'll leave that to you to decide.

Section 22
11:20 - A libel upon a dead man will be punished as a misdemeanor-but only when its publication is in truth an attack upon the interests of living persons.
I hear not

16:35 A trustee is, as we have seen, a person in whom the property of another is nominally vested, to the intent that he may represent that other in the management and protection of it.
I hear extent

Section 23 is PL OK.

That was a lot of work. Well done! :thumbs:

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 42993
Joined: June 15th, 2008, 10:30 pm
Location: Toronto, ON (but Minnesotan to age 32)

Post by TriciaG » February 15th, 2019, 2:57 pm


DivMS
Posts: 420
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Post by DivMS » February 18th, 2019, 7:36 am

linny wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 3:58 pm
Tricia,
I PLed your sections. I don't think the following necessarily 'significantly' change the meaning of the text but I'll leave that to you to decide.

Section 22
11:20 - A libel upon a dead man will be punished as a misdemeanor-but only when its publication is in truth an attack upon the interests of living persons.
I hear not

16:35 A trustee is, as we have seen, a person in whom the property of another is nominally vested, to the intent that he may represent that other in the management and protection of it.
I hear extent

Section 23 is PL OK.

That was a lot of work. Well done! :thumbs:
Thanks Tricia and Linny! :D

DivMS
Posts: 420
Joined: June 14th, 2013, 11:15 pm

Post by DivMS » February 18th, 2019, 7:37 am

KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 3:52 pm
Has section 35 been claimed? If not, let me help finish this project!
Thanks Josh! Section 35 is yours :D

linny
Posts: 10559
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 12:37 pm
Location: Florida, USA

Post by linny » February 18th, 2019, 10:57 am

TriciaG wrote:
February 15th, 2019, 2:57 pm
Section 22 fixed, same run time: https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jurisprudence_22_salmond_128kb.mp3
Spot check PL OK. Thank you!

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 428
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » February 26th, 2019, 9:10 am

TriciaG wrote:
February 13th, 2019, 12:57 pm
Here's 23:
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jurisprudence_23_salmond_128kb.mp3
33:07
KIBBONAFIDE wrote:
February 11th, 2019, 3:52 pm
Has section 35 been claimed? If not, let me help finish this project!
Reading back through the thread, it hasn't been claimed. I didn't because it's filled with Latin and Greek. I'm sure the BC will be happy to have you record it!
Phew. I know what you mean now!! And it’s not like it was Gutenberg that I could cut and paste those Greek characters...it will take a minute to edit this but the flip side is I know the very basics of Ancient Greek now! :)
Josh Kibbey

KIBBONAFIDE
Posts: 428
Joined: September 3rd, 2018, 7:51 am
Location: Burien, WA
Contact:

Post by KIBBONAFIDE » March 11th, 2019, 5:27 pm

And heeere's section 35!

A little later than I wanted but still plenty of time to get this done in March! I can have a quick turnaround if there's any PL notes.


https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/jurisprudence_35_salmond_128kb.mp3
28:00

Thank you!
Josh Kibbey

Post Reply