COMPLETE Jurisprudence by John Salmond-mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
QMILES

Post by QMILES »

Don Donaldson
DivMS

Post by DivMS »

aniroo wrote:I'd like to claim section 12, please.

aniroo
Thanks aniroo! Updated the MW with your claim :)
Divya
DivMS

Post by DivMS »

QMILES wrote:Could I claim Section 2?
Thanks Don! MW is updated with your claim :)
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Divya,

Here are two of mine. I moved section 140 to section 28 because it flowed right into the rest of part 2.

MaryAnn

27 - 32.19 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspi ... _128kb.mp3
28 - 33.41 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspi ... _128kb.mp3
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

I just started to prep section 12 *chapter 8) and I'm having a hard time with what I assume to be typos. In the Latin phrases, I can only hope they are not typos. This one sentence is one I can't decipher. Is there another source for this material that I might use for caparison?

in two respects the Canonists clcvelo25ed and rendered more definilc the somewhat vague and indelor-niinate theory of customary law which we find in the writings of the Roman lawyers. In the first place, clear recognition

There are a lot of mistakes that I can figure out in context, or I hope I've figured out, but these have me stumped.

aniroo
aniroo :wink:
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

aniroo,
I didn't see any typos in the chapter I read. Are you reading from the PDF or from some other format? Archive does offer Kindle and text versions, but those are ocr of the PDF and haven't been proofed, so they may contain scannos.
MaryAnn
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:aniroo,
I didn't see any typos in the chapter I read. Are you reading from the PDF or from some other format? Archive does offer Kindle and text versions, but those are ocr of the PDF and haven't been proofed, so they may contain scannos.
MaryAnn

I'm using the PDF from the link supplied in the forum. The last half of the script is unreadable in places.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

aniroo wrote:
MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:aniroo,
MaryAnn

I'm using the PDF from the link supplied in the forum. The last half of the script is unreadable in places.

I had downloaded in EPUB format and was reading from the Adobe Editions reader . I just downloaded it in "full text " format and it is easier to spot the footnotes, but that section is still confusing. It looks like it should be a verb.
DivMS

Post by DivMS »

MaryAnnSpiegel wrote:Divya,

Here are two of mine. I moved section 140 to section 28 because it flowed right into the rest of part 2.

MaryAnn

27 - 32.19 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspi ... _128kb.mp3
28 - 33.41 - https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspi ... _128kb.mp3
Thanks MaryAnn! Just made the changes in the MW :D
DivMS

Post by DivMS »

aniroo wrote:I had downloaded in EPUB format and was reading from the Adobe Editions reader . I just downloaded it in "full text " format and it is easier to spot the footnotes, but that section is still confusing. It looks like it should be a verb.
I am sorry I couldn't find any other source so far (not PD at least). I request you to try using the normal PDF format because that seems to be OK.
Divya
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

DivMS wrote:
aniroo wrote:I had downloaded in EPUB format and was reading from the Adobe Editions reader . I just downloaded it in "full text " format and it is easier to spot the footnotes, but that section is still confusing. It looks like it should be a verb.
I am sorry I couldn't find any other source so far (not PD at least). I request you to try using the normal PDF format because that seems to be OK.

Thanks. the PDF seems to be blemish free.

aniroo
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

I'd like to claim section 6 and 7, if I may.

I have Ch1 recorded, just need to edit and process.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
DivMS

Post by DivMS »

realisticspeakers wrote:I'd like to claim section 6 and 7, if I may.

I have Ch1 recorded, just need to edit and process.
Thank you! Section 6 and 7 are all yours :D
Divya
QMILES

Post by QMILES »

QMILES

Post by QMILES »

36:06