[COMPLETE][GROUP/MYSTERY] The Goddess by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

THANK YOU, SONIA! I'm so excited that I finally got one right on the first try :)

When I ran it through Checker, it said the volume was 86.9. But who knows? Maybe I was confused...

I always leave a lot of silence at the end to use for Noise Reduction. I forgot to chop it off. Next time!
bletheringape

Post by bletheringape »

Hi there! I'd like to claim section 25; seems like it would be a fun read. Thank you!
- Brian
"Loud, heap miseries upon us yet entwine our arts with laughters low."
a plague on words / readings / music / the bridge
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

bletheringape wrote: October 22nd, 2020, 2:06 pm Hi there! I'd like to claim section 25; seems like it would be a fun read. Thank you!
Many thanks for the claim!
Tomas Peter
Popcorn

Post by Popcorn »

I would like to record Chapters 21-24 if possible.

Popcorn
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Popcorn wrote: October 25th, 2020, 12:50 pm I would like to record Chapters 21-24 if possible.

Popcorn
Hi there! Thank you for expressing interest in these sections. I see, however, that you have not completed a one-minute test, which is required before you can begin recording for us. You can go to this handy guide for more information on how to complete it: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/1-Minute_Test

Once you've posted your test in Listeners Wanted, it'll need to be approved by another listener. Once you get the OK, let me know and I will officially have the sections assigned to you. In the meantime, I can "reserve" them for a maximum of one month; if I don't hear from you after that I'll have to put them back up for grabs, so be sure to get your test done as soon as you can!
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Sonia, I guess this can be moved to Readers Found for now (at least until November 8, if some of the readers without one-minute tests don't have them approved before then).
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: October 25th, 2020, 6:35 pm Sonia, I guess this can be moved to Readers Found for now (at least until November 8, if some of the readers without one-minute tests don't have them approved before then).
yes I will move it over to Readers Found :) we can always revert back if needs be

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is Chapter 16. Length 18:23.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_16_marsh_128kb.mp3

That was My Persuasive Manner. Next, for My Unpersuasive Manner....

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 27th, 2020, 8:31 amHere is Chapter 16. Length 18:23.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_16_marsh_128kb.mp3

That was My Persuasive Manner. Next, for My Unpersuasive Manner....
:lol: I have heard your unpersuasive manner often enough in our various family relationships in the stage plays ;)

This chapter was highly entertaining, I especially love the female voice you're doing :mrgreen: maybe you could have taken on one of the nuns in the cradle song ;)

An interesting episode. I am getting a bit confused by hearing this story in a wrong order :lol: but I guess it will all turn out logical in the end.

Totally PL ok, thanks ! Looking forward to your unpersuasive next chapter.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Looking forward to your unpersuasive next chapter.
You won't believe it.

Thanks, Todd
bletheringape

Post by bletheringape »

- Brian
"Loud, heap miseries upon us yet entwine our arts with laughters low."
a plague on words / readings / music / the bridge
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Here is Chapter 17. Convincing? I thought not. Length 17:11.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_17_marsh_128kb.mp3

Thanks, Todd
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_15_marsh_128kb.mp3 10:20 length

Here's my last chapter. I'll check back after November 8th and see if some of the other chapters have opened up. This is my first project, and I hate to leave it :)
retroindiereader

Post by retroindiereader »

Here is Chapter 6 at 18:23. After recording this, I'm now tempted to read the rest of it at some point.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_06_marsh_128kb.mp3
~Shaun

Current Solo Projects:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow you've all been busy here yesterday :shock: 4 sections to listen to ! Let's start with the first...even though I will listen to it all in backward chronological order :lol:
bletheringape wrote: October 28th, 2020, 8:35 amSection 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_25_marsh_128kb.mp3 13:28
aha, the Goddess is revealed. A bit confused to hear names mentioned that I haven't heard of before :? but it will all become clear once I hear the other chapters.

Excellent job, bletheringape, thank you so much. I really enjoyed the listen and was riveted to the seat during the narration of the incident that night 8-) You managed to make it all very lively. Already looking forward to hearing more from you, maybe here, maybe in another of my projects where I am DPL. :9:

Textually, all word perfect :thumbs: but I would have a small note regarding some lengthy silences:

> careful at the very beginning, you start quite abruptly. Some audio-players may cut off the beginning, so we always recommend to leave about 0.5-1 second of silence before starting the recording. No need to redo this time, but may be consider it for future files

> from 0:15-0:18: between your voice credit and the second part of the intro disclaimer: nearly 3 seconds of silence feel very long for a listener. I always recommend keeping any pauses under 2 seconds. Even between paragraphs, usually 1.5 seconds maximum is enough to make a bit of a break. Could you cut here a bit please ?

> from 0:25-0:27: same here, between title and start of the story, a bit of a cut of silence would be best

the rest is perfect. Inside the story proper, the breaks are not excessive and the flow of the narration is perfect and agreeable.

Thanks

Sonia