[COMPLETE][GROUP/MYSTERY] The Goddess by Richard Marsh - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 28th, 2020, 12:59 pmHere is Chapter 17. Convincing? I thought not. Length 17:11.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_17_marsh_128kb.mp3
:lol: indeed, he made quite a mess of it. That's the worst liar I have ever known. And I love the nasally voice you're giving the inspector :thumbs: he feels like a Pinero character. Cool chapter, thanks, Todd, perfectly PL ok. :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

smithjeanb wrote: October 28th, 2020, 4:29 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_15_marsh_128kb.mp3 10:20 length

Here's my last chapter. I'll check back after November 8th and see if some of the other chapters have opened up. This is my first project, and I hate to leave it :)
yes please stay bookmarked, it sometimes happens that people are orphaning their sections again, so there my be some available again for claims soon maybe. :)

Now the Goddess is introduced and sounds like a regular blackmailer :lol: how uncharismatic. Especially in light that I know the last-but-one chapter already. :mrgreen: Still in the dark how all this will evolve.

Excellent narration again, flawless reading, very entertaining. This time you only left a bit more than 3 seconds of silence at the end ;) I think I don't need to fail the otherwise perfect reading just for a bit of a second, so I'll mark it PL ok anyway. But please take care for other sections that you keep as close to 5 seconds as possible. :)

Thanks

Sonia
bletheringape

Post by bletheringape »

Thank you for the helpful tips and encouraging words, Sonia! I hadn't read the ending of the chapter before reading it aloud, and was pretty shocked myself! Looking forward to hearing the rest of the story and working with you again! :)

I've fixed the issues you pointed out, including adding 0.5 seconds of silence to the beginning:

Section 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_25_marsh_128kb.mp3 13:25
- Brian
"Loud, heap miseries upon us yet entwine our arts with laughters low."
a plague on words / readings / music / the bridge
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

retroindiereader wrote: October 28th, 2020, 8:49 pmHere is Chapter 6 at 18:23. After recording this, I'm now tempted to read the rest of it at some point.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_06_marsh_128kb.mp3
and the last one for today...very interesting further clues here. So quite early on it didn't look good for the narrator :lol:

Another excellent read, thank you so much, retroindiereader :thumbs: You're reading at an agreeable pace, easy to follow along. I enjoyed it very much.

I have a couple of small corrections to note down though, nothing difficult and easy to edit :)

> at 2:12: (p. 56) missed part of the sentence (underlined) : "If she could only describe what she had witnessed, her innocence would be established.

> at 4:31: (p. 57) repeat of the word "yet" – one version can be cut

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

bletheringape wrote: October 29th, 2020, 4:24 amI've fixed the issues you pointed out, including adding 0.5 seconds of silence to the beginning:
Section 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_25_marsh_128kb.mp3 13:25
thank you for mentioning what you changed :thumbs: makes the Spot PL easier. All perfect now and PL ok, thank you !

Sonia
retroindiereader

Post by retroindiereader »

Kitty wrote: October 29th, 2020, 4:36 am
retroindiereader wrote: October 28th, 2020, 8:49 pmHere is Chapter 6 at 18:23. After recording this, I'm now tempted to read the rest of it at some point.
and the last one for today...very interesting further clues here. So quite early on it didn't look good for the narrator :lol:

Another excellent read, thank you so much, retroindiereader :thumbs: You're reading at an agreeable pace, easy to follow along. I enjoyed it very much.

I have a couple of small corrections to note down though, nothing difficult and easy to edit :)

> at 2:12: (p. 56) missed part of the sentence (underlined) : "If she could only describe what she had witnessed, her innocence would be established.

> at 4:31: (p. 57) repeat of the word "yet" – one version can be cut

thank you

Sonia

Here's the fixed file at 18:26.
~Shaun

Current Solo Projects:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

retroindiereader wrote: October 29th, 2020, 2:36 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_06_marsh_128kb.mp3
Here's the fixed file at 18:26.
thank you, excellently patched in :thumbs: and now PL ok :)

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Kitty wrote: October 29th, 2020, 2:59 am
ToddHW wrote: October 28th, 2020, 12:59 pmHere is Chapter 17. Convincing? I thought not. Length 17:11.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/goddess_17_marsh_128kb.mp3
:lol: indeed, he made quite a mess of it. That's the worst liar I have ever known. And I love the nasally voice you're giving the inspector :thumbs: he feels like a Pinero character. Cool chapter, thanks, Todd, perfectly PL ok. :)

Sonia
"That's the worst liar I have ever known. " Do you hang out with many liars? I thought you had led a more sheltered life.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: October 30th, 2020, 5:17 am"That's the worst liar I have ever known. " Do you hang out with many liars? I thought you had led a more sheltered life.
actually, I meant in books ;)

but if my acquaintances are all "very good liars", I probably only assume they tell the truth all the time. :lol:

Sonia
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Kitty,

Are you involved in any other projects? I don't know what to do next, and the choices are so overwhelming....
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Given her time zone, Kitty won't be able to answer for many hours.

You can check in the book and short works and dramatic works forums for projects with "- kit" after their title if you are attempting to follow Sonia's projects.

viewforum.php?f=2
viewforum.php?f=19
viewforum.php?f=27

But there are of course many other choices available here. What brought you to Librivox? Any particular genre?

Thanks, Todd
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Thanks, Todd. I’ll check those out. No particular genre for me. I love them all. I wanted to work on the Count of Monte Cristo, but I can’t handle all of those Spanish words. How do people deal with that issue?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

smithjeanb wrote: November 1st, 2020, 3:56 pmAre you involved in any other projects? I don't know what to do next, and the choices are so overwhelming....
awww how sweet of you, that you want to support some of "my" projects :9:

Well the only English project that I am BC and DPL to right now and that still has 3 sections available for claiming is the Rover magazine: viewtopic.php?f=19&t=83224. It's short stories, so maybe you like to grab one.

All my other projects are either fully claimed right now (World Story project and Black Cat project - both are series, so there will be new projects for them soon) or in languages other than English. If you speak French or German, let me know and I can give you some more links ;)

If you are eager to try some stage plays, look for - thw after the title here: viewforum.php?f=27 In many cases I'll be DPL to Todd's plays and they are great fun I can assure you. :mrgreen:

Well, maybe I'll see you over there.

Thanks for your interest. :D

(and thank you, Todd, for helping out while I was snoozing away)
I wanted to work on the Count of Monte Cristo, but I can’t handle all of those Spanish words. How do people deal with that issue?
if you want to be accurate, there are online pronunciation sites to check, or there is the Help ! thread for languages where native speakers often do sound-bites so you can listen to what it sounds. Just post your question over there: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40285

But in many cases, absolute perfect pronunciation (especially for names) is not required by the BC. Just ask in that particular thread how they want to handle it. Often, as long as it's understandable it's ok even if not perfect.

Sonia
smithjeanb

Post by smithjeanb »

Kitty - WOW! Thanks for the great ideas! I'm really into plays, and I love short stories. Can't wait to dive in :)
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Hi Sonia,

I PMed the readers whose sections were being held until today; as I received no response, and as neither reader had either submitted a test or corrected one, I will remove their claims and open those sections to those who want them.
Tomas Peter