5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
spiritualbeing

Post by spiritualbeing »

HZFerr wrote: March 13th, 2018, 7:56 pm sect 56 BOOK IV. CHAPTER IV

PL note: Just a little editing.

Please remove "End of The Heavenly Twins , by Sarah G. "
this is not the last sect.
Oops! Thank you for pointing this out! Here's my updated recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/heavenlytwins_56_grand_128kb.mp3
Tune into my music show on Hive365 every Mon (7-8 PM), Wed (5-7 PM) and Thu (5-6 PM) (all times in UTC)
https://hive365.co.uk/
Professional Ready-to-Air News Bulletins for your Internet Radio Station!
http://mtst.tv/news.html
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 56 BOOK IV. CHAPTER IV
spot PL OK :thumbs:

PL OK for:
sect 57 BOOK IV. CHAPTER V
sect 58 BOOK IV. CHAPTER VI
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
spiritualbeing

Post by spiritualbeing »

HZFerr wrote: March 14th, 2018, 3:04 pm sect 56 BOOK IV. CHAPTER IV
spot PL OK :thumbs:

PL OK for:
sect 57 BOOK IV. CHAPTER V
sect 58 BOOK IV. CHAPTER VI
Thank you so much! :)
Tune into my music show on Hive365 every Mon (7-8 PM), Wed (5-7 PM) and Thu (5-6 PM) (all times in UTC)
https://hive365.co.uk/
Professional Ready-to-Air News Bulletins for your Internet Radio Station!
http://mtst.tv/news.html
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

spiritualbeing, You are most welcome.
Your work is excellent! :clap:
Helen

VaibhavBansal

Post by VaibhavBansal »

Can anyone please help me with my recording?
I recorded chapter 15, but in the recording, there are heavy noises at some points, which makes it difficult to remove to noise. So I have only one option and that is to re-record those particular words and replace them in the recording.
But the problem is, no matter where I record those words, my voice always sounds very different than that in the whole recording.
I cannot replace those words.
If anyone knows what to do, Please help!.
Regards
Vaibhav Bansal
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

My advice to you is:

1) Try, as much as possible, to replicate the conditions under which you originally recorded. Sit in the same room, in the same chair. Position your microphone in the same place. Try to speak at the same volume and pace as you originally did.

2) If (as is likely) the sound is still not quite the same in spite of everything you did in step 1, you may be able to minimize the difference by adjusting the volume of parts of your recording around the transition. If, while you're playing back your recording, the new phrase sounds louder than the original recording, de-amplify it by 1-3 dB. If it sounds softer, amplify it. Maybe even adjust the volume of parts of the original to make the transition sound more natural. Use your ear and play with it until you think it sounds nicer.

3) Don't obsess about step 2. If you've played with it a little bit and it still sounds weird to you, let it go. It may be that a listener, hearing that phrase for the first time (not the 20th, like you, because you keep playing it back) wouldn't notice anything wrong. Or, even if they do, their ear will adjust quickly to the new sound and get back to enjoying the story. It's better to read and enjoy the story, even with odd little technical hitches like this, than to obsess over it to the point that it doesn't get finished. Sometimes, "good enough" really is good enough!

EDIT: Of course, the easiest way to avoid this problem in future is to not let those noises into your recording in the first place. While I'm recording, I'm also listening to my environment, and if I hear something that I think might have been picked up by my mic (loud truck on the road outside, my cat scratching his box, etc.) I wait for quiet and then go ahead and read that phrase or sentence over again, just in case.
SabellaDunne

Post by SabellaDunne »

Book II Chapter X, time 6:24

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/heavenlytwinsbook2_10_128kb.mp3

I really loved this chapter. I wanted to give Mr Price a high five. I hope he continues to be awesome.

(Also I am not going to attempt an American accent. It would be laughable bad)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Sabella,
Please number your recordings with the section number. For example, Book 2 Chapter 10 would be file 34, like this
heavenlytwins_34_grand_128kb
The ones you submitted can be changed during cataloging.
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
VaibhavBansal

Post by VaibhavBansal »

mightyfelix wrote: March 15th, 2018, 11:46 am My advice to you is:

1) Try, as much as possible, to replicate the conditions under which you originally recorded. Sit in the same room, in the same chair. Position your microphone in the same place. Try to speak at the same volume and pace as you originally did.

2) If (as is likely) the sound is still not quite the same in spite of everything you did in step 1, you may be able to minimize the difference by adjusting the volume of parts of your recording around the transition. If, while you're playing back your recording, the new phrase sounds louder than the original recording, de-amplify it by 1-3 dB. If it sounds softer, amplify it. Maybe even adjust the volume of parts of the original to make the transition sound more natural. Use your ear and play with it until you think it sounds nicer.

3) Don't obsess about step 2. If you've played with it a little bit and it still sounds weird to you, let it go. It may be that a listener, hearing that phrase for the first time (not the 20th, like you, because you keep playing it back) wouldn't notice anything wrong. Or, even if they do, their ear will adjust quickly to the new sound and get back to enjoying the story. It's better to read and enjoy the story, even with odd little technical hitches like this, than to obsess over it to the point that it doesn't get finished. Sometimes, "good enough" really is good enough!

EDIT: Of course, the easiest way to avoid this problem in future is to not let those noises into your recording in the first place. While I'm recording, I'm also listening to my environment, and if I hear something that I think might have been picked up by my mic (loud truck on the road outside, my cat scratching his box, etc.) I wait for quiet and then go ahead and read that phrase or sentence over again, just in case.
Thanks a lot. I'll try my best to make the recording as perfect as it can be.
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 34 BOOK II. CHAPTER X
PL OK

:clap:
Helen

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 38 is 19:25.
https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/heavenlytwins_38_grand_128kb.mp3

Please assign me section 65. :)
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Sure. All yours. And thanks for 38.