COMPLETE [novel] the Heavenly Twins by Sara Grand- ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
sharleen

Post by sharleen »

miss stav wrote: February 13th, 2018, 8:11 pm Hello sharleen,
welcome to librivox. Section 6 is already taken. I can give you 11 instedd. But before you start, please submit a one-minute sampal recording to make sure your technical settings are all correct. If you have any questions, just ask.
Stav.
Thank you! Here is my test recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sharleentest.mp3.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

sharleen wrote: February 20th, 2018, 5:04 pm
miss stav wrote: February 13th, 2018, 8:11 pm Hello sharleen,
welcome to librivox. Section 6 is already taken. I can give you 11 instedd. But before you start, please submit a one-minute sampal recording to make sure your technical settings are all correct. If you have any questions, just ask.
Stav.
Thank you! Here is my test recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/sharleentest.mp3.
Sharleen, the best place to post that test is in this forum: viewforum.php?f=21

There are some very tech-smart people (and a few people like myself, who know just enough to get by :D ) who tend to hang around there who will be able to give you feedback.
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Again, this is finals time, so I am hardly ever here. Charlene, please post your test recording at the listeners and eddeters wanted forum. Devorah, thanks for chapter 10.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

alg1001 wrote: February 21st, 2018, 8:19 pm Hi Sharleen,
I saw your test in Listeners and Editors Wanted Forum. It looks like all you need is to amplify the file. Everything else is fine. I think you should be all set. When you record, as a rule of thumb, the recording should be close to touching the 0.5 and -0.5 lines. It will be in range then. The checker is a better gauge and as Moniqua said mp3 gain can be used to find the amplification also.
The proof listener will let you know of any updates you need to make to your recording.
I will add your claim to the MW for Stav. Go ahead and record this section. Have fun!
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

sect 8 BOOK I. CHAPTER VIII
sect 9 BOOK I. CHAPTER IX
sect 10 BOOK I. CHAPTER X
PL OK :clap:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
johnb2

Post by johnb2 »

Hi

I would like to do: 23 BOOK I. CHAPTER XXI and
25 BOOK II. CHAPTER I

john
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hello John,,
welcome aboard. 23 and 25 are all yours.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
VaibhavBansal

Post by VaibhavBansal »

I have uploaded section number 14 at the URL

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/heavenlytwins_14_grand_128kb.mp3

length of recording is 38: 41
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. I hope you enjoyed it. Would you like to continue with 15?
VaibhavBansal

Post by VaibhavBansal »

miss stav wrote: February 24th, 2018, 9:11 am Would you like to continue with 15?
Yeah sure, I would love to. :) :)
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Hi Stav and Vaibhav,
I added you to sections 15 and 16 because they are two parts of the same chapter. For these you need to divided the chapter in two where it seems best. The chapter is too long to be all in one file so it is being split in this way.
Thanks,
Amy
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
VaibhavBansal

Post by VaibhavBansal »

Would you please tell me, at what point should I split the chapter ??
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both. The parts should be relletively equal in length. So you should split the chapter where ever you feel the parts would be equal and it is proper to stop a section. At the end of a paragraph perhaps.
Michelemc

Post by Michelemc »

Hi there. What a nice surprise to find The Heavenly Twins here. I studied it as part of my honours thesis on the New Woman in English Literature a few years ago and enjoyed it very much.

Please put me down for sections 17, 18 and 24. Might grab some more later after I finish these.

Cheers,
Michele