Signature: KATHLEEN
ergopony

Post by ergopony »

Hi, can I claim sections 6 - 8 please?

Cheers,
Michelle.
blainej

Post by blainej »

I would like to claim section 6 of this work. This will be my first contribution.
blainej

Post by blainej »

Now I see someone has asked for 6-8. I would be happy to claim 9 or 10.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ergopony wrote:Hi, can I claim sections 6 - 8 please?

Cheers,
Michelle.
Hi, Michelle! 6-8 are yours. Thank you!
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

blainej wrote:Now I see someone has asked for 6-8. I would be happy to claim 9 or 10.
Welcome! Thanks for your interest! I am happy to assign you either or both of those sections (10 is a little bit shorter), but please wait to record until your one-minute test has been approved. I see that you have already submitted your test, and so if no one has checked on it before then, I will go ahead and review it myself before bed tonight.

So let me know which of those chapters you'd like (or both! :wink: ), and I'll assign it/them. Also I'll need to know how you would like to be credited in the catalog (the name that will display next to your completed sections in the final product--some people use their real name, some use a pseudonym) and whether you have a blog or website you'd like linked from your catalog page.
blainej

Post by blainej »

Devorah,
Thanks for your response. I would like to try both 9 and 10. I can be shown simply as Blainej. As you noted, I am awaiting feedback on my sample. When I get that, I will adjust as needed and get started.
Blaine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Blaine, here is your catalog page----> https://librivox.org/reader/11981

That is where anyone will be able to see what you're working on, as well as what you've completed, when that time comes. You can bookmark this page if you want, or you can access it easily by clicking on your forum name in the MW (magic window) on the first post of any project you're signed up for.

Now, I'm off to go check on your test! :thumbs:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Blaine, so the thing is, you're going to have to change.... Nothing! :clap: Congratulations on a passing test the first time!

Great selection, too, and well read. I hadn't heard that one before. Very interesting!

(If you think a dog is bad, try owning rats! They live about four, maybe five years, if you're lucky, and they're just so sweet!)

Thanks again for coming on board this project, and let me know if any questions arise. :)
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

28# CHAPTER XXVIII THE REAL ALFRED BURTON

[5:11 "No, thank you," (she told him gravely.) Repeated] corrected

spot PL OK :thumbs:
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank, Helen. MW updated.
blainej

Post by blainej »

I have uploaded: https://librivox.org/uploads/darvinia/doublelifeofmralfredburton_09_oppenheim_128kb.mp3.
This is my first contribution so please let me know if it will work.
blainej

Post by blainej »

nickflesherVO

Post by nickflesherVO »

I just have a question about what this line means and how to pronounce the "d-d"

"Well, I'm d— d!"

E. Phillips Oppenheim. The Double Life Of Mr. Alfred Burton (Kindle Location 508).
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I think it very likely that this is, "Well, I'm damned!" If you don't feel comfortable with that, you could maybe use the euphemism "darned", but I think that would sound strange. Or you can give this chapter up to another reader and choose a different one.