[COMPLETE] The Dog Crusoe: Adventure in the Western Prairies-phi

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

bookworm18 wrote: February 21st, 2018, 1:47 pm Hello,
Can I do Section 25?
If yes, then is it alright to narrate different voices/ accents between Jo, Dick and Henri by using Character Voices?

Thanks,
Jennifer
Yes Jennifer, you may record section 25 and you may narrate different voices and accents. Have fun. The only real brake on your imagination and talent is that the final product must be understandable. As I said, have fun and ask if anything is unclear. :thumbs:
EDIT: Do you wish to have a different name in our catalog? Or is bookworm18 OK?
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
bookworm18

Post by bookworm18 »

philchenevert wrote: February 21st, 2018, 2:12 pm
bookworm18 wrote: February 21st, 2018, 1:47 pm Hello,
Can I do Section 25?
If yes, then is it alright to narrate different voices/ accents between Jo, Dick and Henri by using Character Voices?

Thanks,
Jennifer
Yes Jennifer, you may record section 25 and you may narrate different voices and accents. Have fun. The only real brake on your imagination and talent is that the final product must be understandable. As I said, have fun and ask if anything is unclear. :thumbs:
EDIT: Do you wish to have a different name in our catalog? Or is bookworm18 OK?
Thank you. I've been recording some of the chapter and trying to get a feel for the characters. I will do my best. Please use J.A. Wells and I will do the same on the recording.
bookworm18

Post by bookworm18 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/dogcaruso_25_ballantyne_128kb.mp3

Here is Chapter 25 (Dangers of the Prairie)
This is my first chapter reading. I have listened to hundreds of audiobooks over the years but have never recorded anything myself. Please let me know if this is what you are looking for or if I need to adjust/ redo.

Time duration- 15:23

Thank you
-Jennifer
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

bookworm18 wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 1:48 pm https://librivox.org/uploads/philchenevert/dogcaruso_25_ballantyne_128kb.mp3

Here is Chapter 25 (Dangers of the Prairie)
This is my first chapter reading. I have listened to hundreds of audiobooks over the years but have never recorded anything myself. Please let me know if this is what you are looking for or if I need to adjust/ redo.

Time duration- 15:23

Thank you
-Jennifer
Ignatius, the Penguin of Happiness Image will put this into the Magic Window for proof listening.
bookworm18

Post by bookworm18 »

Just checking to see if Chapter 25 was approved? Was I supposed to do anything else for this? I'm not sure how the magic window works.

Thanks,
Jennifer
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

bookworm18 wrote: March 6th, 2018, 7:37 pm Just checking to see if Chapter 25 was approved? Was I supposed to do anything else for this? I'm not sure how the magic window works.

Thanks,
Jennifer
When in the Magic Window, it is marked Ready for Proof Listening so our proof listener will see it and listen. After they listen then will post a response telling us whether anything needs to be fixed or not. If it is OK, they will say "PL OK" if something needs to be fixed, they will note it and you will then fix the problem, save again with the same file name and upload again, then post a reply saying "section 25 fixed and uploaded" Keep asking questions!!!

EDIT: Oh dear! I somehow forgot to put your fiile into the magic window! So sorry. I will PL it myself to make up for this oversight. Thanks for reminding me. :oops:
bookworm18

Post by bookworm18 »

philchenevert wrote: March 6th, 2018, 8:01 pm
bookworm18 wrote: March 6th, 2018, 7:37 pm Just checking to see if Chapter 25 was approved? Was I supposed to do anything else for this? I'm not sure how the magic window works.

Thanks,
Jennifer
When in the Magic Window, it is marked Ready for Proof Listening so our proof listener will see it and listen. After they listen then will post a response telling us whether anything needs to be fixed or not. If it is OK, they will say "PL OK" if something needs to be fixed, they will note it and you will then fix the problem, save again with the same file name and upload again, then post a reply saying "section 25 fixed and uploaded" Keep asking questions!!!

EDIT: Oh dear! I somehow forgot to put your fiile into the magic window! So sorry. I will PL it myself to make up for this oversight. Thanks for reminding me. :oops:
Ok, great! Thanks for responding so quickly. This is my first attempt so I was not exactly sure how the process proceeded.

Thank you
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Section 25 PL OK :thumbs: Very nice reading and I loved your voices for the different characters. Have fun recording and t hanks Image here is a flower
BettyAnn

Post by BettyAnn »

Chapter 2 by ajackson. I enjoyed listening to your reading of this chapter. At first I marked it PL OK, but then, I re-read the instructions for starting our chapters. Now I have a picky and probably insignificant question for Phil C, and I will get back to you. (Can you tell I'm pretty new at this job?) Sorry for the delay. Bettyann
Last edited by BettyAnn on March 7th, 2018, 8:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
bookworm18

Post by bookworm18 »

philchenevert wrote: March 6th, 2018, 8:32 pm Section 25 PL OK :thumbs: Very nice reading and I loved your voices for the different characters. Have fun recording and t hanks Image here is a flower
Great news! The characters were colorful and fun! Many thanks :D
BettyAnn

Post by BettyAnn »

Chapter 8 Hi Anthony, I listened to this chapter and enjoyed it very much also. As soon as Phil gets back to me about my little question, I will mark the section appropriately. Thank you for your patience!! Betty
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

BettyAnn wrote: March 7th, 2018, 9:03 pm Chapter 8 Hi Anthony, I listened to this chapter and enjoyed it very much also. As soon as Phil gets back to me about my little question, I will mark the section appropriately. Thank you for your patience!! Betty
Betty, what is your question? I did not get a PM or see the issue in this thread.
BettyAnn

Post by BettyAnn »

Hi Phil, Regarding the intro, do we care if the intro is not exactly as in the instructions?
Is it a problem if the reader read the whole title, adding the "Adventure in the Western Prairies" part?

Sorry to pester you. Betty
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

BettyAnn wrote: March 8th, 2018, 7:56 am Hi Phil, Regarding the intro, do we care if the intro is not exactly as in the instructions?
Is it a problem if the reader read the whole title, adding the "Adventure in the Western Prairies" part?

Sorry to pester you. Betty
That is OK, just make the note that future recordings should follow the formula. So, give it a PL OK!
BettyAnn

Post by BettyAnn »

Thanks Phil