~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
czandra

Post by czandra »

Mozartjr wrote: October 20th, 2021, 11:37 am

Devorah commented that we shouldn't change the key because Bach put it into a different key on purpose... So either he will have to make do, or we simply look for a different singer. If he still wants to sing for this project, though, there are some other parts for male voice that he could probably sing... :?:
Sorry about all of this...hopefully he will be alright with it all.
Mozartjr
Devorah is right, of course.

Cz
I asked my librarian about the noise, and she said, "no one would come here
if they weren't allowed to talk out loud." So I read out loud.

Je lis à haute voix car refléchir fait trop de bruit!
marissa27

Post by marissa27 »

Mozartjr wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:56 am
marissa27 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:10 pm May I proof listen to sections 4 and 5?
You sure can, thank you Marissa!
EDIT: by the way, if you are at all interested in PLing the whole project, let me know :P :P hint hint
Sure I could PL to the whole project.
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

UPRG11W wrote: October 21st, 2021, 9:22 am I would like to DPL for this project if it is still open. If there is any special preknowledge required for music or the composer, please let me know. I am a total layman.

Regards,
Jessie
Hi Jessie,
There is no special foreknowledge required, as far as I know, unless I'm forgetting something. One thing, though: maybe when you are PLing the computerized music parts made by jakemalizia, just count how many there should be for the section in the Magic Window (in the Notes column) and as you listen, just make sure that they are all in there. I know that if I was making them all, I would for sure miss some!
It would be great if you could be DPL! Thank you!
If there are any questions or clarifications needed, just let me know!
Mozartjr
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

marissa27 wrote: October 21st, 2021, 12:09 pm
Mozartjr wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:56 am
marissa27 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 10:10 pm May I proof listen to sections 4 and 5?
You sure can, thank you Marissa!
EDIT: by the way, if you are at all interested in PLing the whole project, let me know :P :P hint hint
Sure I could PL to the whole project.
Hi Marissa,
It looks like someone already asked to DPL the whole thing before you did, so I think that they should do it.... thank you for the help and interest though!
Mozartjr
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

jakemalizia wrote: October 21st, 2021, 9:46 am Here's Section 12

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_12_schweitzer.mp3 - 1m59s
Thanks Jake!
czandra

Post by czandra »

Hi. Please note that s. 4 has been uploaded, but does not appear in MW.

https://librivox.org/uploads/mightyfelix/jsbach2_04_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
22:52 (Oct. 18)

I will take on s. 13.

Czandra

mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I will add in Jessie as our DPL. Thank you, Jessie! I did make some notes much earlier on in this project for a previous DPL. I'm reposting them here in case you may find this helpful. Mozart, of course if you have anything to add or clarify on this, then feel free!
mightyfelix wrote: August 29th, 2017, 8:56 pm Also, specific to this project, I think it would be helpful to follow along with the text to note where music will be inserted. Section 1 doesn't have any music, but on the other sections, we need to make sure there is a sufficient pause (3-5 seconds) everywhere that music will end up going, to make it easier to insert that music. ... There are also a few places (such as page 59, 75, 158) where there are two or more bits of music separated by only one word or a few words, and I think it would be helpful ... to follow along to make sure that those words don't get missed.
mightyfelix wrote: August 30th, 2017, 9:05 pm I guess when you listen [to the musical parts], ... maybe just check to make sure that no selections are missing and, if possible, that they're all in the correct order? I don't know if you read music at all, but you may be able to at least compare the sound with the musical score and if something looks way off (like there are only three notes on the page, but the selection in the recording is very long, for instance), let me know.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

czandra wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 6:03 am Hi. Please note that s. 4 has been uploaded, but does not appear in MW.

I will take on s. 13.

Czandra
Czandra, I just realized that there has been some confusion here. :? I hadn't noticed until now, but the section that you read, chapter 21, part 1, is actually section 3 and was already recorded (and PL ok) by LillisJoy. Section 4 is only for the sung portion which will be inserted into this chapter. I'm so sorry that this wasn't caught earlier, before you spent your valuable time on it. :(
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

mightyfelix wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 6:26 am
czandra wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 6:03 am Hi. Please note that s. 4 has been uploaded, but does not appear in MW.

I will take on s. 13.

Czandra
Czandra, I just realized that there has been some confusion here. :? I hadn't noticed until now, but the section that you read, chapter 21, part 1, is actually section 3 and was already recorded (and PL ok) by LillisJoy. Section 4 is only for the sung portion which will be inserted into this chapter. I'm so sorry that this wasn't caught earlier, before you spent your valuable time on it. :(
So what do I need to do with the MW? I don't think I fully understand...
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Section 4 will eventually be assigned to whoever ends up singing the 28a music, whether that is Czandra's musical friend or some other volunteer. Perhaps you and I could talk more through PM about which sections are which, and whether the MW could be tweaked more to make it clearer?
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

mightyfelix wrote: October 22nd, 2021, 6:51 am Section 4 will eventually be assigned to whoever ends up singing the 28a music, whether that is Czandra's musical friend or some other volunteer. Perhaps you and I could talk more through PM about which sections are which, and whether the MW could be tweaked more to make it clearer?
Sure, that's fine.
czandra

Post by czandra »

Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

Thanks Cz!
jakemalizia

Post by jakemalizia »

Just my personal opinion, but I don't think it's best for the PL to rely on the MW when PL'ing my excerpts.

I say this because already, what I end up doing doesn't match up exactly with the MW. For instance, if the MW says there's 3 excerpts on a page but when I look closer it needs to be split into 4, then of course there's an extra excerpt in there.

Or like with Section 15, I realised p84b has already been recorded so I skipped that one. I'm sure there will be minor differences cropping up all the time as I comb through the text. Like with the p.59 query before, if I see some music in the text that hasn't been recorded from what I can see in the MW, I will just record it, even if it's not in the MW under my section.

I think it would make most sense for any PL to be able to listen to the excerpts and follow along with the text, to make sure no excerpts were missed, and that they agree with what was included/excluded. That might require a very very rudimentary understanding of music notation. They would not need to know the ins and outs, but just be able to recognise which excerpt they are listening to and match its corresponding notation in the text.

Does that make sense?

Could it be we require a separate PL just for music recordings?
Mozartjr

Post by Mozartjr »

jakemalizia wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 12:45 am Just my personal opinion, but I don't think it's best for the PL to rely on the MW when PL'ing my excerpts.

I say this because already, what I end up doing doesn't match up exactly with the MW. For instance, if the MW says there's 3 excerpts on a page but when I look closer it needs to be split into 4, then of course there's an extra excerpt in there.

Or like with Section 15, I realised p84b has already been recorded so I skipped that one. I'm sure there will be minor differences cropping up all the time as I comb through the text. Like with the p.59 query before, if I see some music in the text that hasn't been recorded from what I can see in the MW, I will just record it, even if it's not in the MW under my section.

I think it would make most sense for any PL to be able to listen to the excerpts and follow along with the text, to make sure no excerpts were missed, and that they agree with what was included/excluded. That might require a very very rudimentary understanding of music notation. They would not need to know the ins and outs, but just be able to recognise which excerpt they are listening to and match its corresponding notation in the text.

Does that make sense?

Could it be we require a separate PL just for music recordings?
Yes, that makes sense... Let's see what Devorah says.