~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Not certain, but Canada is the only "popular" one around here.

Australia is Life+50 up to 1955 and Life+70 after 1955. That's a weird one. This project isn't PD in Australia.

Here's some fun evening perusing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ht_lengths
School fiction: David Blaize
Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Ok, Corrinne, I have assigned you section 34, which is the singing on page 169. Let me know if you need anything else.
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

Thank you very much!
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
carteki

Post by carteki »

First post amended to a link to the copyrights by country.
TriciaG wrote:Not certain, but Canada is the only "popular" one around here.

Australia is Life+50 up to 1955 and Life+70 after 1955. That's a weird one. This project isn't PD in Australia.

Here's some fun evening perusing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_c ... ht_lengths
Aus (and other countries) makes sense in that the law changed in 1975 but wasn't retroactively implemented so that anything that was already PD remained PD. If it wasn't PD then the term was extended by 20 years.
moniaqua wrote:I looks like :) Good news is, I do not feel lonely, there are enough who would like to help and can't :lol:
It is frustrating, but you can go on holiday somewhere to a life+50 country and legally record there! Weirdly odd random minefield. Technically you cannot listen to non PD works in your own country even if they are PD elsewhere!

Based on the interest I did suggest a list of works that ARE PD for Life +70 with music here.
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

Hiya!

If it's alright, I would like to read sections 3, 5, and 7 - which is all of Ch. 21.

Thanks.
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

And btw - just for transparency - I'm in South Africa, which is Life + 50, so everything should be fine for me to read.

:-)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thanks, Lillis, happy to have you on this project! Be sure to leave a significant (3-5 second) break in each place where music will be inserted. This will make it much easier to paste the music in afterwards. :)
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

Just to clarify how we approach FOOTNOTES:

I read in the forum that we skip bibliographic footnotes, but read ones that explain some part of the text. What should we do if the explanatory footnote has a bibliographic reference at the start of it? Should we read any part of the reference? Or just skip it and read only the explanation?
Ex: the second footnote on page 30 as well as the second one on page 31.

Also, some footnotes are simply the chapter and verse of a Bible reference. Do we read that reference? If so, do we need to add the words "footnote" and "end footnote"? (I'm inclined to think we would just say the book, chapter and verse as if it was inline text, but I could be wrong.)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

LillisJoy wrote: January 3rd, 2018, 11:15 pm Just to clarify how we approach FOOTNOTES:

I read in the forum that we skip bibliographic footnotes, but read ones that explain some part of the text. What should we do if the explanatory footnote has a bibliographic reference at the start of it? Should we read any part of the reference? Or just skip it and read only the explanation?
Ex: the second footnote on page 30 as well as the second one on page 31.

Also, some footnotes are simply the chapter and verse of a Bible reference. Do we read that reference? If so, do we need to add the words "footnote" and "end footnote"? (I'm inclined to think we would just say the book, chapter and verse as if it was inline text, but I could be wrong.)
Excellent questions, Lillis! And I'm sorry I'm so tardy in replying. I saw this question when you first asked it, then wasn't able to respond right away and it got buried.

For your first question, I would be inclined to say to just skip the bibliographic part and read the rest. And as for the second question, I'd think you'd still say "Footnote" and "End of footnote," just for the sake of being consistent. If it's not written in line with the text, I think we wouldn't want to read it as if it is.

Kim, does this sound ok to you?
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

So, I have tested the "Footnote - Bible reference - End Footnote" combo, and it still feels really cumbersome to me. However, I will go for it and be consistent if that's for sure what we want to do. Devorah? Kim? I'm probably going to start recording this chapter this weekend.

Thanks!
carteki

Post by carteki »

Where the footnote is just a bible reference I would just give the reference without the start /end if footnote.
Remember that we want this to be listenable and that is the most important thing.
Kim
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Alright, if that's what you both want to do, we can do that. I didn't really have a strong opinion about it. :)
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

Here is section 34! Please let me know if there are any issues, I have never converted to a ZIP before.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_34_schweitzer.zip

length: 0:11
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

You know, Corrinne, I have no idea why the directions in the first post say to submit singing roles as zip files. I'm sure there was a reason for that originally, but I don't know what it was, and I don't really know what to do with that zip file either. I came on to this project after someone else started it and then had to drop. If I could get in to change that direction regarding zip files in the first post, I would, but for now, will you please re-submit this following the usual LV formatting? (mp3, mono, constant 128kbps bit rate, and all that jazz.) Sorry about the confusion!

Kim, can you take off the bit about the zip file, please?
Srirachabanana

Post by Srirachabanana »

Absolutely! Here's section 34 for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_34_schweitzer_128kb.mp3

length- 0:11
Corrinne LePage

~~LLAP~~