~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
carteki

Post by carteki »

LizardD wrote:Once the MW is finished, I can claim some parts. I can do music, singing, and reading. I mostly sing alto, but I can do soprano in a pinch.
Nice of you to pop by :) You're welcome to claim anything that is in the MW already or you can wait for it to be finished if there is another chapter you have interest in.
Kim
RepublicOfVermont
Location: δtsopiaV0175 (ψ-accessible only), μultiverse ΚΣΔ π^-.9

Post by RepublicOfVermont »

I'd be most honored to be the DPL for this. It looks amazing.
WHITE PHOSPHORUS was dropped on Palestine tonight.
LizardD

Post by LizardD »

I'm still waiting on my 1 minute test to be approved, but I'll take section 1. A few questions: are footnotes optional, and how should they be read if we put one in? When we have a section with music, do you want us to leave a long silence so they are easier to find and edit in?
Elizabeth Davis
a.k.a. "Lizard the Wizard"

Musician, vocalist, writer, reader, amateur chef, nerd, and all-around fun person.
MonikaR
Location: near Zurich (previously Geneva, Paris and Frankfurt)

Post by MonikaR »

Hi there,

This project sounds really quite exciting! I am a singer myself and have sung Bach - currently working on B-minor. So if you want some singing done, let me know. Alto or S2.

Could I do section 3 and 4, please? I was interested in section 1 but saw that Elizabeth asked before me.

Thank you.

Monika
carteki

Post by carteki »

LizardD wrote:I'm still waiting on my 1 minute test to be approved, but I'll take section 1. A few questions: are footnotes optional, and how should they be read if we put one in? When we have a section with music, do you want us to leave a long silence so they are easier to find and edit in?
Hi,
I've assigned you section 1.
Please let me know how you want to appear in the catalog - name and website if you have one.
Yes, please leave a distinct break for the music bits to be edited in.
MonikaR wrote:Hi there,

This project sounds really quite exciting! I am a singer myself and have sung Bach - currently working on B-minor. So if you want some singing done, let me know. Alto or S2.

Could I do section 3 and 4, please? I was interested in section 1 but saw that Elizabeth asked before me.

Thank you.

Monika
Hi
I've assigned you those chapters. Would you like section 2 as well so as to read a complete chapter?
We're still working on the mW, so more parts to come.
RepublicOfVermont wrote:I'd be most honored to be the DPL for this. It looks amazing.
Thank you.

And we're ready for lift off!
Cheers
Kim
MonikaR
Location: near Zurich (previously Geneva, Paris and Frankfurt)

Post by MonikaR »

MonikaR wrote:Hi there,

Thank you.

Monika
Hi
I've assigned you those chapters. Would you like section 2 as well so as to read a complete chapter?
We're still working on the mW, so more parts to come.

Hi Kim,

Thank you. Could I take an option for section 2? I would like to see how I am going and see if three sections are in the time schedule of 2 months. Would that be ok?

BTW, would you like the pronunciation of the German words/composer/etc be in English or German?

Monika
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

RepublicOfVermont - I'm putting you in as DPL.

How would you like to be credited in the catalog? There are places for a catalog name (some use a nickname or forum name, some their real name) and a personal web site or blog, if you have one. CLICK HERE for an example of what I'm talking about.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
LizardD

Post by LizardD »

You can credit me as Elizabeth Davis. Thank you!
Elizabeth Davis

Musician, vocalist, writer, reader, amateur chef, nerd, and all-around fun person.
LizardD

Post by LizardD »

Here is section 1. Please let me know if I've butchered any of the French or German too badly. I used an online dictionary to help as much as possible.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_01_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
15:16
Elizabeth Davis

RepublicOfVermont

RepublicOfVermont - I'm putting you in as DPL.

How would you like to be credited in the catalog? There are places for a catalog name (some use a nickname or forum name, some their real name) and a personal web site or blog, if you have one. CLICK HERE for an example of what I'm talking about.
I believe I'd like D.H. Lewis

Thank-you Tricia :D
Last edited by RepublicOfVermont on August 29th, 2017, 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I've put that in as your catalog name.

Your catalog page is here: https://librivox.org/reader/11935

If you click on Reader Section Details, then the PL tab, it'll show you what projects you're DPL of, and at what stage each submitted section is.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
RepublicOfVermont

Thank-you for the guidance!
RepublicOfVermont

LizardD wrote:Here is section 1. Please let me know if I've butchered any of the French or German too badly. I used an online dictionary to help as much as possible.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_01_schweitzer_128kb.mp3
15:16
I'm hearing sound warping from 0:00 onward, though it may not be anything of concern.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I have just filled in the MW through chapter 25. This is the first time I've been able to work on this since I last checked in. There are several female singing lines in chapter 24. I'll get those piano parts in asap (probably later tonight).

Don, I'm not sure what you mean by "sound warping", but the sound quality on section 1 sounds fine to me. I only listened to the first minute or so. We're not looking for professional sound quality, just that nothing is missing and that there aren't any major stumbles, repeats, sudden loud noises, etc. Also that the intro/outro is read correctly.

Also, specific to this project, I think it would be helpful to follow along with the text to note where music will be inserted. Section 1 doesn't have any music, but on the other sections, we need to make sure there is a sufficient pause (3-5 seconds) everywhere that music will end up going, to make it easier to insert that music. What do you think, Kim? Should he be listening for sufficient pauses, or am I making things too complicated? There are also a few places (such as page 59, 75, 158) where there are two or more bits of music separated by only one word or a few words, and I think it would be helpful for Don to follow along to make sure that those words don't get missed.
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Alright, voice parts for chapter 24 are in. Incidentally, I've been calling the voice parts male if they're written on a bass clef and female if treble clef, but sometimes tenor voices sing in treble clef. I think 148a may actually be tenor... But without researching each piece of music mentioned, I think bass for men and treble for women will have to do.