~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Kim hasn't logged into the forum since early March. I'd be happy officially adopting this project over to you, and changing the first post so that it looks like you posted it (and then you can edit it). Let me know if you'd like to do that. :)

If Kim does come back, we can restore her as author of the first post. But I have a feeling she isn't coming back.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

TriciaG wrote: July 29th, 2018, 5:43 am Kim hasn't logged into the forum since early March. I'd be happy officially adopting this project over to you, and changing the first post so that it looks like you posted it (and then you can edit it). Let me know if you'd like to do that. :)

If Kim does come back, we can restore her as author of the first post. But I have a feeling she isn't coming back.
I'd appreciate that. I was hesitant to ask, in case she came back, but I do seem to have inherited this project. Even before March, I think it had been some time since she'd posted in this thread.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Done!
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I'd like to claim section 2, please :)

ETA:
And sections 9 and 11 too, please. (Why not!? ;) )
Kathrine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

kathrinee wrote: July 30th, 2018, 2:54 pm I'd like to claim section 2, please :)

ETA:
And sections 9 and 11 too, please. (Why not!? ;) )
Done, thank you!

I'll edit the first post soon. For the next week or so, I'm trying to devour as many books as I can in a final sprint to the finish line for my library's summer reading program. So I've spent most every waking hour that I'm not at work reading.
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

retzel wrote: July 27th, 2018, 9:01 pm Here's section 83:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_83_schweitzer_128kb.mp3 (00:10)
Trying to PL them. Sounds good to me, but let me repeat, I don't have a good musical ear, so I am not a judge whether the playing and singing is in tune.
The Checker would not process .flac files, do we have an alternative? Meanwhile, I think they are good, except the volume is ~ 96 dB. 86-92 range recommended for speech, is higher volume acceptable for music? :?:
I'd hold my PL verdict until someone clarifies. Thank you!
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

karlkuzmich wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 6:32 pm
retzel wrote: July 27th, 2018, 9:01 pm Here's section 83:
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_83_schweitzer_128kb.mp3 (00:10)
Trying to PL them. Sounds good to me, but let me repeat, I don't have a good musical ear, so I am not a judge whether the playing and singing is in tune.
The Checker would not process .flac files, do we have an alternative? Meanwhile, I think they are good, except the volume is ~ 96 dB. 86-92 range recommended for speech, is higher volume acceptable for music? :?:
I'd hold my PL verdict until someone clarifies. Thank you!
I already PL'ed this singing bit myself, since you said that you don't have much of a music background. Sorry for not clarifying that. What we'll really need PL'ed is the reading, once it starts coming in. No need to check tech parameters on singing and music files, either, since those bits will be cut into the reading for one continuous recording. When I do insert this into the final chapter, I may or may not (probably will) adjust the volume on it to make it mesh well with the narrator. At that point, we'll need a spot PL (I'll give you time stamps and page numbers when that time comes) to check every place that I inserted music. Then, if you hear a bit of music that's significantly louder or softer than the surrounding speech, or maybe you hear a singer when it's supposed to be a line of percussion or something, that's the kind of thing I'll need to know about.

I hope that helps to clarify. Thanks for your dedication!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

mightyfelix wrote: August 2nd, 2018, 7:53 pm I already PL'ed this singing bit myself ...
Thank you, Devorah, it clarifies and simplifies, leaving only the fun parts to me :D
Ahead with sec 35!
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec 35 PL OK for now, but missing music. Will need a final spot PL. :thumbs:
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Here is section 2 (42:09):
https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach_02_schweitzer_128kb.mp3

I included the footnote on page 19 (time stamp 27:35). However, as is clear when listening, I do not speak French... I'm happy to take it out if you (either of you) think so ;) In my opinion it does not really add much interest for the listener.

Anyway, thank you for listening! I think it is such a chore to listen to these longish sections I read, so thank you for doing it :clap:
Kathrine
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

kathrinee wrote: August 15th, 2018, 11:27 am Here is section 2 ... I do not speak French... I'm happy to take it out if you (either of you) think so ;)
Sec.2 PL OK :thumbs:
Kathrine, I don't have problems with your French. I myself is not a francophone, but I feel it's quite understandable :-)
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you both!

I will update the MW very soon. (I've put it on my checklist this time, so I don't forget. :wink: )
lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 »

Hey is it possible if I can request an extension for my section, Ch 23 Part 1?

I've already finished recording, but I am currently in the process of post-editing, which includes re-recording over some mistakes. I have been very busy during the past month due to summer school as well as recently recovering from a wisdom tooth surgery.

I am not trying to request for a super long extension, but just an extra day or two.

Thanks!
Difficile lectu mihi mars et jonicu difficile- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lynn0301 wrote: August 23rd, 2018, 7:43 pm Hey is it possible if I can request an extension for my section, Ch 23 Part 1?

I've already finished recording, but I am currently in the process of post-editing, which includes re-recording over some mistakes. I have been very busy during the past month due to summer school as well as recently recovering from a wisdom tooth surgery.

I am not trying to request for a super long extension, but just an extra day or two.

Thanks!
No rush. Take as much time as you need.
neddieseagoon

Post by neddieseagoon »

You might be interested to know that the musical example from Cantata 47 on p. 84 (section 14 in the magic window) contains a misprint. The last note in the 4th measure should be an F, not a G. Compare https://youtu.be/VV_HyOJBLG8?t=189, where the quoted bass line begins at the 3:10 mark. I don't think this is just a matter of different editions, because the G makes no harmonic or motivic sense here. I think it's just an error.

I was looking at this because I was thinking of volunteering to sing some of the bass examples, but this one goes way beyond the bottom of my range.