~[MUSIC]J.S. Bach, Volume 2 by A. Schweitzer d1965-mtf

Upcoming books fully-subscribed with readers. Check progress here, too
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Srirachabanana wrote: March 8th, 2018, 4:52 pm Absolutely! Here's section 34 for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_34_schweitzer_128kb.mp3

length- 0:11
Beautiful work, thanks so much! Let me know if you see anything else you'd like to sing. I've obviously been neglecting this project shamefully, but I haven't forgotten it, and I do plan on coming back to it when some of my other LV projects wrap up.
LillisJoy

Post by LillisJoy »

Hi Devorah!

I know it's been awhile ... apologies for disappearing for so long. It's been a "bumpy" few months health-wise. In any case, I have FINALLY finished the first of my three sections. Here is the link. It's 16:43.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/jsbach2_03_schweitzer_128kb.mp3

Also ... I think I was perhaps a touch ambitious to sign up for this project. My German is fairly cringe-worthy in my opinion. Yikes! Sooo not my second language. Should perhaps stick to projects with French references in the future. I'll finish what I've signed up for, not a problem, but I'm VERY open to constructive criticism regarding the German pronunciations.

:-) Lillis
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I probably know less German than you, so I'm not the one to ask for help in that language! :lol:

This project has been moving very slowly, and in fact, there are still whole sections that I still haven't added to the MW. This has taken a back seat to some other things I'm working on, to be honest, but I will get back to it sooner or later. In the meantime, I will enter your section into the MW.

I'm not sure if our DPL is still around. I don't think I've seen him anywhere else on the boards in awhile. I have some other PLing that I need to do, but if he doesn't turn up to listen to your section, I will try to do it, or I will advertise in Listeners Wanted.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Since RofV hasn't been on since December, I've removed him as DPL.
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you, Tricia. I'm embarrassed to realize that I'd entirely forgotten about this section for an entire month. :oops: I've listened just now, though, and it's PL ok.
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

This looks rather complicated, so tell me if I got this right:

I'd like to do chapter 24 - but only the reading, no singing, no music! That's sections 22 and 25, right? And I read the two sections with "chapter" intro, save them with the section number, but combining all the reading and the singing/music will be done by somebody else, right?
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Availle wrote: June 24th, 2018, 5:20 pm This looks rather complicated, so tell me if I got this right:

I'd like to do chapter 24 - but only the reading, no singing, no music! That's sections 22 and 25, right? And I read the two sections with "chapter" intro, save them with the section number, but combining all the reading and the singing/music will be done by somebody else, right?
That's correct. I will combine everything together. Just make sure you leave a nice long pause wherever there is a piece of music, so I can easily find it and insert it. (If you want to be extra nice, you could even insert a tone in those spots. It's even easier find those! :wink: ) I'll assign you to those soon. I'm home now and resting up from my trip.
lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 »

I'll take chapter 23 part 1. Here is my one-minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one_minute_test_cleaned.mp3

Being a violinist, I'd love to do some of the music for ch 23 part 1 as well, but I can only do the excerpts that are in treble clef and without complicated chords.
Difficile lectu mihi mars et jonicu difficile- Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lynn0301 wrote: June 25th, 2018, 9:07 am I'll take chapter 23 part 1. Here is my one-minute test: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/one_minute_test_cleaned.mp3

Being a violinist, I'd love to do some of the music for ch 23 part 1 as well, but I can only do the excerpts that are in treble clef and without complicated chords.
Welcome! I see you've already gotten an OK on your test, so I won't duplicate anyone's work by checking it again. :wink:

It looks like this is your first contribution, which is great! But since you're not yet in the reader database, I'll need a little info to sign you up:
  1. What name would you like to use for your reader page? This can be your real name, your forum name, or anything else you want to use.
  2. Do you have a website you'd like your reader page to link to?
Because of the musical component to this project, there are some special instructions involved. Whenever there is a piece of music, just leave a nice long (3-5 second) pause, then begin narrating again. I'll insert the music later. As far as the music itself, I was planning to generate all of the non-vocal music using a computer program I've got. (And, indeed, some of them I've already done.) It might be nice to have a real person playing some of it, though, not just a computer. I'll try to find some time to look through and see if there are any pieces that would be appropriate for violin. Sometimes the author states which instrument(s) are playing, so I've tried to match that wherever possible in the sound files I've been creating.

Let me know if you have any questions!
lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 »

Hey mightyfelix, I'd like to use my real name, Lynn Cai. I do not have a website. Thanks :)
lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 »

In addition, is there any guide or help on German pronunciations? I've been stumbling over myself :oops:
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lynn0301 wrote: June 25th, 2018, 12:31 pm In addition, is there any guide or help on German pronunciations? I've been stumbling over myself :oops:
Well, I'm probably the last person you want to ask for help with German! :lol:

But aside from the obvious answer (Google :wink: ), another good resource is this handy thread right here: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=40285 This thread exists for readers to post any words/phrases in other languages that they need help with, and then other readers are able to provide help. Sometimes native speakers of that language will even provide a recording of themselves saying the phrase, which is awesome! I've asked for help there a few times myself.

I've assigned you that section, and here is your reader page: https://librivox.org/reader/12597 Right now, this is the only project that shows up, but that list will grow and eventually include everything you've done, past and present. You can reach that page by clicking on your name in the MW (magic window) in the first post.
lynn0301

Post by lynn0301 »

Am I supposed to read the words in the parentheses? In addition, are there any singing phrases in which I am supposed to remain silent?
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

I'd like to read sections 32 and 35 (the chapter about Magnificat and St. John Passion). Thanks :)
Kathrine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

lynn0301 wrote: June 25th, 2018, 1:58 pm Am I supposed to read the words in the parentheses? In addition, are there any singing phrases in which I am supposed to remain silent?
Just from skimming through, I think we'll want to keep the references given in parentheses. However, I'd omit several of the footnotes, depending. Here is how I answered another reader who asked about footnotes earlier in this project:
The general consensus for most of the projects here is that footnotes which are purely bibliographic should be omitted, while notes that provide additional information that may be of interest or illuminate the text in some way should be included. For instance, I would not read either footnote on page 27. On page 37, however, I would.
EDIT: Oh, forgot to answer your question on singing. Please leave a space for the singing, so I can insert it later. If you'd like to do any singing parts, though, let me know which ones and I'll sign you up for them.